What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
No Heavy Gale works because if they block it Sim is plus.
Yeah but the way it hit was that the fireball had to hit first. That's what I was talking about.

Keep in mind Sim can just chose to lob a meaty fireball instead of a Super and he still gets pressure on wakeup. If Sim went for a normal upon teleport (aerial Heavy punch) he can finish into Mediu Gale and he's still safe.
With quick rise alone you have to guess where to do the super and what to do with Sim. Seems like a lot of variables to spend a whole bar on.

After any knockdown she has options, crush counters, command grabs, normals into more pressure, etc... Her oki is good but Idk what he meant with "almost-unblockable oki set-up" she doesn't have that (the closest thing is an EX fireball set-up, but it's kind of a gimmick that good players who know the MU won't hold at all. People are letting her go away with murder so much right now.
Is she going to do anything besides EX fireball/Throw/Strike?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Everytime I try to do a c.HP into a DP with Ryu I get a CA. If I'm just standing there trying to do a CA it rarely comes out, wth? Lol.
If you're crouching and roll the stick to forward then to do then to forward because you over extend then you just did the input for CA. crouch(Down), Forward, Down, Forward + P (for the shoryuken). Lots of leniency in SF but, if you stop at D/F you'll get the SRK. So input cr.HP, forward, down, down+forward+P.
Those of you playing on ps4/xbox controller, are you using stick or dpad?
I bought a Hori FC fightpad and I'm liking it. Reminds me of playing games on my brother's genesis.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Yeah but the way it hit was that the fireball had to hit first. That's what I was talking about.

With quick rise alone you have to guess where to do the super and what to do with Sim. Seems like a lot of variables to spend a whole bar on.
It's not a guess for me at all. Light and Medium will catch quick rise and medium and heavy will catch back rise. Lol, it's not even difficult to just go for medium everytime now is it? They can't wake up with anything, so they're gonna have to guess. Not a huge risk for me at all. Especially when you can kill with chip CAs.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
It's not a guess for me at all. Light and Medium will catch quick rise and medium and heavy will catch back rise. Lol, it's not even difficult to just go for medium everytime now is it? They can't wake up with anything, so they're gonna have to guess. Not a huge risk for me at all. Especially when you can kill with chip CAs.
But ken can do stuff before you can. That's my whole thing is that video didn't really show any setup. That video didn't cover the reads you or you're opponent would have to make. Seeing as how if you did medium and he quick rose you now have to guess which way they'll dash. Maybe I'm not getting it but the only reason I see to do to CA after the V-trigger would be to chip to kill

Samsara

Resident Cynic
But ken can do stuff before you can. That's my whole thing is that video didn't really show any setup. That video didn't cover the reads you or you're opponent would have to make. Seeing as how if you did medium and he quick rose you now have to guess which way they'll dash. Maybe I'm not getting it but the only reason I see to do to CA after the V-trigger would be to chip to kill
I made it entirely clear that you could kill with a CA. That's the entire point of me using it. I explicitly stated that I could simply lob a fireball or an exfireball and still get pressure on wakeup.

Never said CA was entirely integral to the viability of the setup, simply listed it as an easy option for chip kills and mixups.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I made it entirely clear that you could kill with a CA. That's the entire point of me using it. I explicitly stated that I could simply lob a fireball or an exfireball and still get pressure on wakeup.

Never said CA was entirely integral to the viability of the setup, simply listed it as an easy option for chip kills and mixups.
You'd get no teleport pressure from doing either regular or EX on V-trigger knockdown. Does Dhalsim have way to stop people from jumping after he teleports? I think he'd have to read/react with j.HK right? Cause I don't see how you'd lock someone down to eat the CA.

EDIT: I guess you could do ex fireball then walk behind it.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Anyone willing to help me out with this game a bit? I feel like I have a hit a wall already lol This is the first SF game I have actually tried to learn and felt like I started off ok, but now that I am in bronze I feel like I am constantly being outplayed against just about everybody I am matched against and could use some advice/tips.

I main Karin btw.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
You'd get no teleport pressure from doing either regular or EX on V-trigger knockdown. Does Dhalsim have way to stop people from jumping after he teleports? I think he'd have to read/react with j.HK right? Cause I don't see how you'd lock someone down to eat the CA.

EDIT: I guess you could do ex fireball then walk behind it.
I suppose I'm wrong then.
I see what you're saying, but I'll still fireball/exfireball or gale on Vtrigger knockdown when I have the opportunity. CA isn't unavoidable but if they guess wrong and get mixed up the setup is big payoff for easy execution. I refuse to only rely on CA as a combo ender or stun combo opener. I don't care how much gimmicky nonsense I have to go through to get there.
I just want Catastrophe back. Or Shangri La. Or have the arc not be so goddamn lofty.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I suppose I'm wrong then.
I see what you're saying, but I'll still fireball/exfireball or gale on Vtrigger knockdown when I have the opportunity. CA isn't unavoidable but if they guess wrong and get mixed up the setup is big payoff for easy execution. I refuse to only rely on CA as a combo ender or stun combo opener. I don't care how much gimmicky nonsense I have to go through to get there.
I just want Catastrophe back. Or Shangri La. Or have the arc not be so goddamn lofty.
Well just so you know, I labbed that situation with Ken and it doesn't seem worth imo. One scenario I found is Dhalsim blew his load and ended up with no reward except a V-trigger buffed Ken going on the offensive. And all Ken had to do was quick rise and wait and react. There isn't a lot of guess work needed to defend against it. I think you're best bet would be: EX fireball and walk forward/teleport depending on how you think the opponent will react.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
SOOOOOO ... do any zangiefs have any advice on the Dhalsim match up?
Walk forward, waiting, biding time. For the one fuck up that will send that Dhalsim into a whirlwind of piledrivers, Chunky meaty normals, and reads that would make Professor X jealous.

Until you fuck it up by 1 frame and spend the last 15 seconds of the match watching Dhalsim float around, preaching about the life improving benefits of yoga.

Walk forward, waiting, biding time. For the one fuck up that will send that Dhalsim into a whirlwind of piledrivers, Chunky meaty normals, and reads that would make Professor X jealous.

Until you fuck it up by 1 frame and spend the last 15 seconds of the match watching Dhalsim float around, preaching about the life improving benefits of yoga.
This is what I usually do but he just always seem to slip away. it is prob just me not being good enough lol