What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
So what's the consensus on Fang? He seem viable based on your initial impressions? His zoning looks really strong, but not sure how strong zoning will be overall in this game.
F.a.n.g is very good. I'm still garbage with him and learning day by day but he's got good range, good damage especially with the poison added on top, Ex command dash only loses to throws..and Dhalsim's CA. Not to mention he has some awesome set ups when you can/want to be aggressive. If you really want to see F.a.n.g's capability on full display check out Floe.

Is there a way to reset the match in training mode like MKX has where you just press the contro pad and the match re-starts automatically? Can't find that setting. It would be good for practicing combos into v-triggers since you won't have to wait till all your v-trigger gauge emptys.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I can not work out if Zangief is butt and Snake Eyez is just awesome, or is Snake Eyez is awesome and Zangief is also awesome.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Is there a way to reset the match in training mode like MKX has where you just press the contro pad and the match re-starts automatically? Can't find that setting. It would be good for practicing combos into v-triggers since you won't have to wait till all your v-trigger gauge emptys.
You can set a button to reset the match, but I don't remember how. The default button was clicking the left thumb stick on a controller, and since I use a Hitbox I was unable to use that feature. However, I just keep the cursor on the "Reset Match" option in the menu, so I can reset with Start-Confirm in less than a second. Been using it to practice V-Trigger combos.

You can set a button to reset the match, but I don't remember how. The default button was clicking the left thumb stick on a controller, and since I use a Hitbox I was unable to use that feature. However, I just keep the cursor on the "Reset Match" option in the menu, so I can reset with Start-Confirm in less than a second. Been using it to practice V-Trigger combos.
Thanks man you solved it for me, it's under basic settings> short cut settings> turn to ON! And yes just press the left analog stick and it resets. Thanks again. (=

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
I can not work out if Zangief is butt and Snake Eyez is just awesome, or is Snake Eyez is awesome and Zangief is also awesome.
Looking at Gief's frame data, I'm really not sure how he's supposed to do anything. His fastest move is c.lp at 4 frames, everything else is at least 5 and he doesn't really have any frame traps I can see. His grab specials (with the exception of his CA) are all 5 frames, so it seems like he'll get demolished by mashers. At least, that's my scrubby take on it. (Frame Data)

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Looking at Gief's frame data, I'm really not sure how he's supposed to do anything. His fastest move is c.lp at 4 frames, everything else is at least 5 and he doesn't really have any frame traps I can see. His grab specials (with the exception of his CA) are all 5 frames, so it seems like he'll get demolished by mashers. At least, that's my scrubby take on it. (Frame Data)
The trick is making them fear you so they don't press buttons, its what hagejin and snake eyes do very well. If they won't stop mashing then just nail em with st FP or block and counterpoke efficiently. Honestly gief feels VERY weak in this game and you pretty much have to be a phenomenal player to be able to play him properly due to reads and spacing. The character doesnt really have anything by himself to take him far.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Didn't even know that was a thing in SF4. Are all the other leniency things intact though?

The response of all Cammy, Ken, Ryu, Necalli players everywhere. Nothing like missing a strong or jab DP and immediately doing another. Nah better yet EX that bitch for maximum "reads".

I think he's very viable. I'm having fun learning him. I think zoning will be just fine in this game. They did make it less effective but when you think about it, it was VERY effective in SF4. So zoning just looks bad when it gets toned down and this new SF is more offensive based. But projectiles still have their place and still do the thing they always did. Control space, chip, build meter and basically control the flow of the match. I think it was a really smart move to give Dhalsim and F.A.N.G non-traditional projectiles. I feel it allowed them the freedom to really make them good but not broken defensive characters.

@GAV I got survival figured out. I tried gaming the system but i just end up getting fucked up anyways. But I have this Hori FC and it has a turbo function. So I just tested it with R.Mika with HK set to rapid press and the computer just blocks/ gets hit/ jabs/ crush countered. When I get back from class I'm grinding out Mika's and Ken's stuff then on to my other mains. I'll put hell mode off till a really lazy day.
Nice! I lost on Normal on the last match. The AI is so bad and there are so many matches that it lulled me to sleep. The 2nd to last match did damage, I got a low health boost, then I lost to Bison. He started off with a big combo, but I fought back only for him to land a trade to finish me off when he only had a sliver left. Sonavabitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jynks

Dose anyone know what it means when FANG turns your health bar purple?

Jynks

You are poisoned by one of his moves. You take extra damage over time.
ahh... for some reason i thought it increased chip, but i guess it was just the DoT effect... do you take Damage Over Time or increased damage on hit.. also can it kill? Or dose it zero out?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
ahh... for some reason i thought it increased chip, but i guess it was just the DoT effect... do you take Damage Over Time or increased damage on hit.. also can it kill? Or dose it zero out?
all it does is apply a poison DoT and the timer resets every time you get by another poisonous attack. If by zero out you mean brings your health down to a pixel then yes. You have to hit him to stop his. His V-skill is a slow moving poison projectile that has no hitstun, so you could walk right through it if you wanted. His V-trigger surrounds himself in a cloud of poison and it applies poison every time you're close to him. I think the only way to stop it like this is by throwing him. I don't remember if it still got reapplied when it happened to me in a match though.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
@GAV my method just failed me!!! I stopped paying attention and the plan is not foolproof. Gotta pay attention and make sure I'm not losing. But i just got to round 26 first try with F.A.N.G!

Reactions: GAV

HanSolo

Noob
First day of street fighter. Gonna be a long process. I can't help but laugh at myself though, I'm attempting combos and I get halfway through and try to use right trigger for EX. Reset, think about it, then do the exact same thing. Stupid muscle memory..

d3v

SRK
There are shortcut options in training mode.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I found this sweet standing reset off of Sim's Heavy Yoga Flame. You can use VTrigger to bait out a jab from your opponent. On counterhit simply follow up with super and you can cross up with a Heavy Gale. They'll be taking white life as well so the pressure is on!

Dhalsim is so much fun in V. Probably the most fun out of anyone on the roster currently.

NON FLASHY MORE PRACTICAL VERSION:

post knockdown simply follow up with a fireball/ex fireball and attempt a teleport-in combo. Less meter heavy but not a gauranteed kill (chip) unless you attempt a super cancel

Last edited:

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
You can see mika's blue boob veins on the vs screen. Nice touch capcom, now give me back my footsie ranges.

EDit: Wow they cut everyone's limbs off in this game.

Last edited: