What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Just use basic SF logic.

Don't start off a match on the attack. Backdash or walk back to assess your opponent (don't jump back to start a match. Ever.).

Attack, and back off. If your opponent plays conservatively, slowly increase your attack patterns until you are dominating your opponent and moving them to the corner(Keep them in the corner). To quote the great Jeff Schaeffer "Pressure wins".

Dash under your opponent's jumps or anti air.

Don't jump too much.

Manage the clock.

Maximize your combo damage. However, if you can win doing something stupidly simple, do it(for example, if your opponent can't stop a simple attack, keep doing it until you win. Don't feel bad about this).

Watch high level Karin players.

Study common habits you notice.

Protect your life lead.

Don't feel bad about timer scamming.

Profit.
The thing is I know nothing about SF logic lol for example when connect her medium scissor kicks and the first 2 hits connect, it literally blew my mind that somebody could mash jabs and interrupt the 3rd hit from connecting, or how her rassenhah move seems to have no priority and can literally be knocked out of the air by any well time normal lol I

Anyway thanks for the tips dude, ill keep all this in mind!

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
Is anyone else experiencing strange stuff with their rank? I dropped 300 lp only to go back up 400 but have been stuck at 52523 the entire time. People with less LP are shown with more rank in the loading match screen.
Edit: Just checked my CFN profile. It shows my points total at the very end of the losing streak and hasn't updated to my current total after the rise..Anyone know what I should do?

Last edited:

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Hows the Survival Grind coming for all of you? My question is, how the fuck do you stay sane when your character doesn't have a DP to cheese? I can't for the life of me get my Sim colors but I switched to KEn and commenced to cheese the AI and everything is right as rain.

Pretty salty tbqhwy familia

Reactions: GAV

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Guys, I would like to make a consensus list pertinent to match ups. Particularly the match up between Zangief and R. Mika. I would appreciate your input as I seek to flesh out the theories I have in my mind regarding

Show of hands, who here would elect to be romantically involved with a hypothetical R. Mika with the voice of Zangief?

She's exactly R. Mika, meaning she's as energetic and chatty as usual. This alludes to the the thought of simply having her not speak being a non-option. She will speak. And when she does, Zangief's burly voice will bellow from the wrestler's vocal cords.

I thought about this very deeply all morning, and was almost going to submit my vote of 'Yes', until a very vivid dramatizational imagining of an intercourse session saw intimacy and passion immediately turn to horror as the thought of her randomly blurting out 'CYCLOOOOOOONE!' during boot knocking would be waaaaaaaay too fucked up for my blood.

-----
Yay
-----

----
Nay
----
-Rickyraws

I don't think our understanding of SFV will truly expand if we do not establish a dialogue on these issues.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Guys, I would like to make a consensus list pertinent to match ups. Particularly the match up between Zangief and R. Mika. I would appreciate your input as I seek to flesh out the theories I have in my mind regarding

Show of hands, who here would elect to be romantically involved with a hypothetical R. Mika with the voice of Zangief?

She's exactly R. Mika, meaning she's as energetic and chatty as usual. This alludes to the the thought of simply having her not speak being a non-option. She will speak. And when she does, Zangief's burly voice will bellow from the wrestler's vocal cords.

I thought about this very deeply all morning, and was almost going to submit my vote of 'Yes', until a very vivid dramatizational imagining of an intercourse session saw intimacy and passion immediately turn to horror as the thought of her randomly blurting out 'CYCLOOOOOOONE!' during boot knocking would be waaaaaaaay too fucked up for my blood.

-----
Yay
-----

----
Nay
----
-Rickyraws

I don't think our understanding of SFV will truly expand if we do not establish a dialogue on these issues.
I'm not sure what to say to any of that.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
He's not going to win simply because he's new. There are certain aspects in which you will get destroyed if you haven't played for at least a few months.

It was expected to get out of pools though.