What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Samsara

Resident Cynic
You can see mika's blue boob veins on the vs screen. Nice touch capcom, now give me back my footsie ranges
Karin is the only female in this game with a shred of dignity. Chun is well enough but Capcom decided she needed special jiggle physics like a DOA character. Even in game and it's distracting and unnecessary tbh. Hopefully Ibuki is an honorable ninja lady upon release.

Last edited:

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Well it's just that for the most part people are talking tech/ strats. Not "how would you buff/nerf 5this character" or "what changes does this character need in kp2." I want to see what can be done with the tools an character has rather than whatever theoretical tools the average player would give them

haketh

Noob
Well it's just that for the most part people are talking tech/ strats. Not "how would you buff/nerf 5this character" or "what changes does this character need in kp2." I want to see what can be done with the tools an character has rather than whatever theoretical tools the average player would give them
Helps that outside of glitches & the like CApcom isn't gonna do any balancing for a year so discussing that kind of stuff is moot

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Also what are people's thoughts on vega and or chun Li? I wanted to play fang but I won't play a charge character
Chun could very well be the best character in the game. I don't necessarily agree with that, but a lot of people hold that opinion and it's hard to argue with: top tier footsies, amazing v-trigger, amazing movement speed, her fireball is easily one of the best in the game. Her defense is average and her damage is slightly below average, but other than that she's ranks among the best in just about everything else on to having some of the dirtiest dirt in the game.

Vega's godlike too. He can rush you down, out footsie most the cast and he's highly mobile... lacks defensive tools, but if he had them he'd be OP considering how powerful he is otherwise.

With that said, if you can't do charge don't play Chun. Go straight to Vega, he'll treat you very well.

Also what are people's thoughts on vega and or chun Li? I wanted to play fang but I won't play a charge character
Chun Li can be very fun to play, not to mention I believe she's one of the strongest characters in V. Vega I haven't tested or seen much but like with every character if you put time into them then you'll create awesome stuff with anyone.

I found this sweet standing reset off of Sim's Heavy Yoga Flame. You can use VTrigger to bait out a jab from your opponent. On counterhit simply follow up with super and you can cross up with a Heavy Gale. They'll be taking white life as well so the pressure is on!

Dhalsim is so much fun in V. Probably the most fun out of anyone on the roster currently.

NON FLASHY MORE PRACTICAL VERSION:

post knockdown simply follow up with a fireball/ex fireball and attempt a teleport-in combo. Less meter heavy but not a gauranteed kill (chip) unless you attempt a super cancel
Wait, so is that an unblockable?

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Here's one more thing. I don't want a complicated character. I intend to hopefully only spend a few months with a character until Juri comes out, I also notice vega is a stance character, is he difficult to learn or are his stances pretty fluid?

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Also I might be willing to try chun Li of her only charge move is projectile. I intend to re/learn spinal in s3 who's defense is also not great so that's not really a problem

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Here's one more thing. I don't want a complicated character. I intend to hopefully only spend a few months with a character until Juri comes out, I also notice vega is a stance character, is he difficult to learn or are his stances pretty fluid?
nobody is hard to learn. vega has different p normals and p specials properties change between the two stances, and i guess remembering his 2 or 3 unique moves between the two stances would be the most challenging part. unlike sfiv, he loses the claw permanetly once it drops too.

here's a good breakdown and i suggest you check out sajam's other character vdieos:

Last edited:

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Is the throw tech window in SFV smaller than in other games?

I consider myself pretty decent at throw tech since in other games like KI, BlazBlue, Injustice and even MKX Ill tech throws more often than not.

In SFV though I can't seem to get the timing down. It's frustrating when I KNOW that they are going for a throw attempt I push the buttons but still end up thrown.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Well to be fair in MKX your character basically does all the fighting for you and you can get away with flowchart auto pilot play way more. Even long time NRS players and first time SF players can recognize already how in SFV its up to the player to make their character work, not the other way around like in MKX

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Is the throw tech window in SFV smaller than in other games?

I consider myself pretty decent at throw tech since in other games like KI, BlazBlue, Injustice and even MKX Ill tech throws more often than not.

In SFV though I can't seem to get the timing down. It's frustrating when I KNOW that they are going for a throw attempt I push the buttons but still end up thrown.
You basically need to do it at the same time they throw, little to no leniency I've noticed

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Play Laura. Sonic Fox has been destroying people with her, and she's very straightforward. Great frame traps, amazing almost-unblockable oki setups, hits like a truck, and just a lot of fun to play.