What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I feel like someone lied to Ranked Cammy players and told them that air cannon spike is + no matter the height it hits because they mash buttons like bitches whether it gets blocked or not lol.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Anyone know of any good punishes with Bison? Can't seem to get his lk/lp to link into anything meaningful. Also, what is Bison supposed to do against Birdie?
What part of Birdie is giving you trouble? Because ironically I have no idea what to do against Bison right now. Seems like his meaty flame attacks destroy my huge hurtbox, cr.mp doesnt anti air his heavy jump in at all it loses every time, and he just teleport dash through my bananas and cans

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
What part of Birdie is giving you trouble? Because ironically I have no idea what to do against Bison right now. Seems like his meaty flame attacks destroy my huge hurtbox, cr.mp doesnt anti air his heavy jump in at all it loses every time, and he just teleport dash through my bananas and cans
I keep getting hit by that damn jumping command grab, but I attribute that more to my noobishness than the MU. I'm assuming he can be punched or kicked out of that on reaction? Overall, I just couldn't really figure out a good way to approach him. My only ranged attack requires meter and Head Stomp whiffs at the slightest hitbox adjustment.

That meaty flame is crazy unsafe (-10 to -12), so if your opponent is throwing it out, dish out your punisher of choice.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I keep getting hit by that damn jumping command grab, but I attribute that more to my noobishness than the MU. I'm assuming he can be punched or kicked out of that on reaction? Overall, I just couldn't really figure out a good way to approach him. My only ranged attack requires meter and Head Stomp whiffs at the slightest hitbox adjustment.

That meaty flame is crazy unsafe (-10 to -12), so if your opponent is throwing it out, dish out your punisher of choice.
Shit I guess were both fucking up if the flame is unsafe. The leaping jump is a full punish if you just neutral jump. You can hit him out of it but if you fuck up youll get grabbed, if you fuck up the neutral jump you are at least safe

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Shit I guess were both fucking up if the flame is unsafe. The leaping jump is a full punish if you just neutral jump. You can hit him out of it but if you fuck up youll get grabbed, if you fuck up the neutral jump you are at least safe
Forgot to mention that Ex Fire is only -1, though.

E

Eldriken

I can't remember the last time I saw a game that had such rampant, unpunished rage quitting as SFV. It's causing quite the outcry on the Net, lol. I can't blame them for it though. It's not fun at all.

I can't remember the last time I saw a game that had such rampant, unpunished rage quitting as SFV. It's causing quite the outcry on the Net, lol. I can't blame them for it though. It's not fun at all.
Played all afternoon. Lost to good players, every person I beat ragequit went from Ultra bronze to bronze :cool:
Also the people who ragequit do not show up on your matchlog

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
So what's the consensus on Fang? He seem viable based on your initial impressions? His zoning looks really strong, but not sure how strong zoning will be overall in this game.

E

Eldriken

Played all afternoon. Lost to good players, every person I beat ragequit went from Ultra bronze to bronze :cool:
Also the people who ragequit do not show up on your matchlog
I'm talking punishment like a "jail" type of thing. Rage quitters only get matched up with other rage quitters. I know KI tried something like that and failed miserably. But I'd still like to see a working system like that implemented into the game.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
To add to this. The game does not have the super shortcut from SFIV (where you didn't need to complete both QCFs). In other words, you need to complete both QCFs to get the super to come out.
Didn't even know that was a thing in SF4. Are all the other leniency things intact though?
¯\(ツ)/¯
The response of all Cammy, Ken, Ryu, Necalli players everywhere. Nothing like missing a strong or jab DP and immediately doing another. Nah better yet EX that bitch for maximum "reads".
So what's the consensus on Fang? He seem viable based on your initial impressions? His zoning looks really strong, but not sure how strong zoning will be overall in this game.
I think he's very viable. I'm having fun learning him. I think zoning will be just fine in this game. They did make it less effective but when you think about it, it was VERY effective in SF4. So zoning just looks bad when it gets toned down and this new SF is more offensive based. But projectiles still have their place and still do the thing they always did. Control space, chip, build meter and basically control the flow of the match. I think it was a really smart move to give Dhalsim and F.A.N.G non-traditional projectiles. I feel it allowed them the freedom to really make them good but not broken defensive characters.

@GAV I got survival figured out. I tried gaming the system but i just end up getting fucked up anyways. But I have this Hori FC and it has a turbo function. So I just tested it with R.Mika with HK set to rapid press and the computer just blocks/ gets hit/ jabs/ crush countered. When I get back from class I'm grinding out Mika's and Ken's stuff then on to my other mains. I'll put hell mode off till a really lazy day.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Anyone know of any good punishes with Bison? Can't seem to get his lk/lp to link into anything meaningful. Also, what is Bison supposed to do against Birdie?
We can run that match up. I heard ita a hard match up for bison. But i have no idea. You can punish un confirmed bull heads since its -10 when not in vtrigger

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
I kind of hate this fucking game. It's just not, well, fun. I also don't see how teleporting around the screen is any better than standard lag.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Bison is the simplest, safest and hardest hitting character a new player or scrub can play.

He also basically has an ultra-like comeback mechanic with his v trigger, not to mention a v reversal that knocks down, which is stupendously good to say the least.

Neither him or Chun seem to have problems in any matchup, with Nash close behind if he wasn't free on wakeup.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Meaty flame is much less -, that is the entire point of an attack being meaty.

Whether an attack is - or not depends on when your opponent's blockstun ends. By hitting someone in the later active frames of your attack you are making that blockstun be afflicted later on in your move's duration.

In MKX terms, it's like SZ doing shatter. He hits the clone shards meaty which makes him + on block rather than -.

SF example are Ryu fireball after a hard knockdown in SF4, Bison fullscreen slide compared to point blank, scissors from max range rather than point blank, etc.