What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Feels weird following a conversation between people that use good characters that actually play SFV. I'm just over here with a beta character that I've had to wait a month to get a functional V-reversal for
Well, use a "good" character. :v

Feels weird following a conversation between people that use good characters that actually play SFV. I'm just over here with a beta character that I've had to wait a month to get a functional V-reversal for
Believe it or not Myles you too can pick a good character, you don't even have to jump to a Necalli or mika(I'd say Ryu but let's face it, you couldn't win with him) You could play a guile, Alex, or vega and hope that capcom fucks up and buffs them to top 3.

Or just admit it's the players and matchups that matter not the characters.

Ggs. It's ok, but you've got two options here. Learn the matchup like a normal person(start challenging my negative frames), or the easier route(which most people take) assume I'm just face rolling and mika is stupid and beg for a mika nerf. If you choose option one I'll help you out if you've got questions. If you choose option 2 you can go sit in the corner with Myles and JJ.
Wait.. why am I getting brought into this.

You know the world is ending when I'm getting brought into conversations.

Oh so after the light kick instead of doing hurricane into super doing heavy DP into super is better for damage??
yes, but at max ranges dp will whiff. It's even possible to hit it from a range where the lk will whiff, if it's absolute max distance just use MK trigger hp dp ca. It's wonky but they all work, just gotta learn which ones to use when for optimal dmg.

Another similar one to know is dash up cr MK xx trigger. Hits low and can combo into cr hp xx hp dp xx Ca. Another thing Ryu can fish for to end rounds.

yes, but at max ranges dp will whiff. It's even possible to hit it from a range where the lk will whiff, if it's absolute max distance just use MK trigger hp dp ca. It's wonky but they all work, just gotta learn which ones to use when for optimal dmg.

Another similar one to know is dash up cr MK xx trigger. Hits low and can combo into cr hp xx hp dp xx Ca. Another thing Ryu can fish for to end rounds.
What about cr MK>vTrigger> standing HK? Like the combo above but instead of using a standing MK as the starter use crouching MK as starter?

What about cr MK>vTrigger> standing HK? Like the combo above but instead of using a standing MK as the starter use crouching MK as starter?
Combos, but only on counter hit. Not worth missing the link by trying to visually confirm the counter for like 10 extra dmg(might even do less with the lk scaling the ender, if have to test).

Edit: tested it and yes. While the st hk into lk does more dmg than the cr hp the extra light scales the super enough that the cr hp combo does 30 more damage and like 100 extra stun.

I used to think that but I think it may be even.
nah. Giefs v skill is too good in the matchup for it to be even and his cr jab stops literally all of Mikas shenanigans. She's even gotta hold a reversal spd mixup on any of her mps getting blocked.

I personally think Alex is Mikas worst matchup followed by gief. Might be the only two matchups I think she loses(she technically loses to Nash and a few others on paper but once you're in, the paper doesn't matter).

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
You can see it is a backroll set-up. I was just giving insight into why it would work i.e. everyone would backroll into the set-up to avoid the fireball on quickrise
Oh, I see. The way you worded it was kind of confusing. Check his other videos on twitter. He's got a meaty low option that looks pretty legit.
Anyone want to play me? It might lag though.
Invite me if you're still on.

"jab aa is for pussies I'll go to my grave never doing it" -ricosuave evo champion

LUL
If you played a char that had a good jab AA you'd use it. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. That's like someone saying karins side switches are for pussies and they'd never use them, or that nashs dash is for queers and they just walk like a boss.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
If you played a char that had a good jab AA you'd use it. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. That's like someone saying karins side switches are for pussies and they'd never use them, or that nashs dash is for queers and they just walk like a boss.

except there's no substitute for those specific utilities but happy to explain how to play the game to you again i guess

90% of jab aa usage is lazy scrubs where a few select characters happen to get rewarded with crossunder 50/50s for no reason

go ahead and jab aa to your hearts content its in the game, but just because its in the game doesnt make your or the game good