What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

except there's no substitute for those specific utilities but happy to explain how to play the game to you again i guess

90% of jab aa usage is lazy scrubs where a few select characters happen to get rewarded with crossunder 50/50s for no reason
theres also no alternative to jab aa as Ryu. I could dp sure, but the damage matters less than the setup so I'd literally have to consciously make a decision to do things that are less beneficial to me. This is the game we have, deal with it.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
theres also no alternative to jab aa as Ryu. I could dp sure, but the damage matters less than the setup so I'd literally have to consciously make a decision to do things that are less beneficial to me. This is the game we have, deal with it.
ya bro i dont really have sympathy when my character's dedicated aas have double the startup with less payoff or can consistently lose or even can trade in flash kick's case with your character's j. lk and you can just aa at will into 50/50s unless i make a whiff punishing jump in

go ahead and jab aa to your hearts content its in the game, but just because somethhing's in the game doesnt make people jab aaing or the game good. "it's in the game" isn't a valid defense or "it's not as broken if i just dp and what if i fuck up too i get punished" lul welcome to having skill

ya bro i dont really have sympathy when my character's dedicated aas have double the startup with less payoff or can consistently lose or even can trade in flash kick's case with your character's j. lk and you can just aa at will into 50/50s

go ahead and jab aa to your hearts content its in the game, but just because somethhing's in the game doesnt make people jab aaing or the game good. "it's in the game isn't a valid defense".
its a valid defense since all I play to do is win. Frankly I couldn't give a fuck what people think about how the characters play or what else they talk shit about, but people that cry about jab aas are the same people that cry about guiles spamming booms. Half the community cries about 8 frames making jumps too strong(Myles) and the other half complains about 1/3 of the cast having jab aas that are incredibly powerful(also Myles.... Somehow). Frankly if you're playing the game to win, and you aren't using your characters tools you're doing it wrong. Rico isn't getting any cpt points or any respect for not jabbing when he can.

its a valid defense since all I play to do is win. Frankly I couldn't give a fuck what people think about how the characters play or what else they talk shit about, but people that cry about jab aas are the same people that cry about guiles spamming booms. Half the community cries about 8 frames making jumps too strong(Myles) and the other half complains about 1/3 of the cast having jab aas that are incredibly powerful(also Myles.... Somehow). Frankly if you're playing the game to win, and you aren't using your characters tools you're doing it wrong. Rico isn't getting any cpt points or any respect for not jabbing when he can.
Lol.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I don't see how saying anti-air lights and jumping are both too good is a contradiction

Not everyone has fast reflex lights they can throw out irrespective of anything to do on the ground and swat someone out the sky but as Alex Valle has told us: just don't jump. Stay on the ground and take those Chun-Li st.hps like a man

I don't see how saying anti-air lights and jumping are both too good is a contradiction

Not everyone has fast reflex lights they can throw out irrespective of anything to do on the ground and swat someone out the sky but as Alex Valle has told us: just don't jump. Stay on the ground and take those Chun-Li st.hps like a man
Chun Li sucks, she's won like 1 event. Even fang has won more.

:DOGE

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
hey listen u guise i dont like when you see me yell and put fl bummingeveryonedown in his place like always so here's something to lighten the mood

if this doesnt convince lionbae who wears the shades around here idk what will tbh

u guise thought i was gonna go low at the end there huh they dont call me the general for nothing :cool:

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
hey listen u guise i dont like when you see me yell and put fl bummingeveryonedown in his place like always so here's something to lighten the mood

if this doesnt convince lionbae who wears the shades around here idk what will tbh

u guise thought i was gonna go low at the end there huh they dont call me the general for nothing :cool:
It would be a meh video if you didn't intentionally drop the stun combo in order to provide more entertainment with the rest of the video.

Well done...... Guile of TYM!

oh please put me in my place shazzy. I totally care what you think. that's why I'm curious why a guy who makes videos showing how easy guile can AA kens ex divekick can also talk shit about how terrible guiles AAs are.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
oh please put me in my place shazzy. I totally care what you think. that's why I'm curious why a guy who makes videos showing how easy guile can AA kens ex divekick can also talk shit about how terrible guiles AAs are.
Why? Why would you reply? He feeds off replies like that.....

GGs

nah. Giefs v skill is too good in the matchup for it to be even and his cr jab stops literally all of Mikas shenanigans. She's even gotta hold a reversal spd mixup on any of her mps getting blocked.

I personally think Alex is Mikas worst matchup followed by gief. Might be the only two matchups I think she loses(she technically loses to Nash and a few others on paper but once you're in the paper doesn't matter).
She does not have to worry about Vskill unless you are throwing out real unsafe moves, it will always be minus frames if he absorbs so he will have to go for flex which will still be minus on block (only plus 2 on hit) even though it does trade a lot.

Has anyone got the clip of Fuudo doing c.lk into CA, I think it was against GO1 Chun.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
She does not have to worry about Vskill unless you are throwing out real unsafe moves, it will always be minus frames if he absorbs so he will have to go for flex which will still be minus on block (only plus 2 on hit) even though it does trade a lot.

Has anyone got the clip of Fuudo doing c.lk into CA, I think it was against GO1 Chun.
Wouldn't flex be pressed just so I have to worry about it absorbing HK and cr.HP? You have caught me a few times with it. Then wouldn't the match just be use pressing buttons and yours are better. Cr.LP seems to do everything except anti air which is covered by st.LP and lariat. And F.HP is a great CC against Mika. I wouldn't say either character outright wins but I'd give Zangief the slight edge. He's got more health, makes approaching hard, and Zangief can easily take control of close engagements like Mika can. Like most of her MUs the equalizing factor is Mika's insane mixup potential if she gets in and gets control.

flex punishes charged drop kick, that's all you need it to do in the matchup. Gief and mika can both kill each other in one hit into setups but it's probably one of like 3 matches where gief actually wins in neutral and forces a character to come to him. Mika can't jump at him cause jab aa is good, she can't drop kick cause he can punish on reaction, her roll loses to cr jab, and her other normals are too stubby to compete with giefs normals on the ground.

Not saying the matchup is 7-3, or even 6-4, but I give gief the edge.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
How long does it take to learn to link normals in this game consistently
As long as you understand that there's a timing to it and try to press the next attack around when your character returns to neutral you should be fine. I think the buffer is a frame on each end of the link effectively making a regular normal to normal link no harder than 3f. You can still drop combos if you're slacking. But it's not that hard anymore.

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
ITT: Shazzy trying to talk about scrubs when he can't beat scrubs. :p

Also, I find it funny Guile's AAs are not consistent and too slow when I constantly catch ISDD flash kicking the fuck out of everyone right after throwing a boom on the regular.

Last edited:

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
You think Urien is gonna be low tier @Myles Wright? Time to add him to my selection of characters then EDIT: just got home from work anyone wanna play