What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Karin does not have hard combos compared to the rest of the cast though. She has a few non optimal combos that have some tricky shit going on but her BnBs are simple(I'd say her swaggy stuff isn't even that hard since the games execution is just that easy but whatever.

character difficulty isn't all about combo difficulty though. Matchup wise Karin has a better time than Ken and tool wise she blows him out of the water. As for kens hit confirms being easy, they might be compared to other games. However, in sfv they're harder than pretty much everyone else's. Karin doesn't even have to confirm, she can just end in shoulder instead of tenko, or just end in any of her non negative buttons(all of them).

Edit: also, shame on you for saying kens st MK is the second best whiff punish normal in the game. Karin, Chun, and Necalli at least have better ones.
You can't match the meterless reward on Ken's st.MK though....

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Rank doesnt mean shit. Im in australia and i will play ranked win the 1st round then all of a sudden the connection goes to shit. I play the same scrubs in casual and the connection is awsome and i body them 2 0.

Rank doesnt mean shit. Im in australia and i will play ranked win the 1st round then all of a sudden the connection goes to shit. I play the same scrubs in casual and the connection is awsome and i body them 2 0.
Ranked really tests my patience. It's incredible how often the connection turns to arse half way through a match, not to mention the rage quitting and unrecorded matches. I can maybe play two or three laggy ranked matches before getting sick of it and going into casual or battle lounge.

You get the scummiest of connections in ranked and you know it is intentional because it is always smoother in casual and battle lounge when you face the same person.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
This is all BS, rank is where you "git gud" if you don't have a shiny icon next to your name how can you look at yourself in the mirror and talk down to people without being a fraud.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I just wish I could get consistent, good connection fights online that I can learn from. By the time you pick up on any patterns they've already randomed you out and won

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
I find that if my opponent doesn't have full bars, it will be laggy as fuck. There's literally no middle ground with this netcode.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
"pick up on patterns". "Random you out". One of these things being true means the other one isn't.
So are you saying you have never been randomed out by a Ken, Necalli, Ryu, R.Mika etc and lost then rematched and won because the download was complete?

You said Necalli and Ken were mid tier characters. I can't believe I'm even reading this

Last edited:
So are you saying you have never been randomed out by a Ken, Necalli, Ryu, R.Mika etc and lost then rematched and won because the download was complete?

You said Necalli and Ken were mid tier characters. I can't believe I'm even reading this
if there are patterns to download they're not playing random.

Also from your list of characters you just seem salty.

Last edited:
I remembered you play Ryu so your denial about this matter makes sense
the word random means no discernible rhyme/reason/pattern. So I don't know how you're reading into the random patterns. That's all I'm saying, call my Ryu random all you want but when you use f hk 3 times in a row with Ibuki Ima start throwing out dps to catch it when you try and space them.