What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yeah that is true. I just hate making the right read but seeing that they are crouching after my jumping HK hits so I end up doing headbutt, s.lk then that they press a low for freeze so I can SPD them or cancel into V Trigger to suck them back in.
Just an fyi, v trigger makes zangief v skill have probably infinite armor. I know it buffs the armor just not sure how much

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yeah good points especially about the damage output. Hopefully his issues don't hold him back in the long run because I really like the character overall. His defense is just the main thing that kind of worries me. I love his v-trigger and trapping/pressuring off it. Looks fun to mess with.
Is ex flying kick safe or plus? I think your best bet is to uae all his crazy mobility to escape any time you can get cornered. Never worry about wake up in the first place. I don't know much about him. Wanted to play him but I'm waiting for someone to figure out his shenanigans for me.

Just an fyi, v trigger makes zangief v skill have probably infinite armor. I know it buffs the armor just not sure how much
I think the V-Skill can take 3 hits, with v trigger i know its about 5 or 6 minimum, could be loads more. I did a armor a Ryu super and comboed it into my own earlier, felt like a boss :cool:. Dont think I could ever do it again though.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I think the V-Skill can take 3 hits, with v trigger i know its about 5 or 6 minimum, could be loads more. I did a armor a Ryu super and comboed it into my own earlier, felt like a boss :cool:. Dont think I could ever do it again though.
I thought v skill was 1 or 2 hits lol. I barely spent time in training with him

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Is ex flying kick safe or plus? I think your best bet is to uae all his crazy mobility to escape any time you can get cornered. Never worry about wake up in the first place. I don't know much about him. Wanted to play him but I'm waiting for someone to figure out his shenanigans for me.
Sort of, it's like -4 if I remember correctly, so when it's spaced properly it's unpunishable.

EDIT: -9, so it's pretty punishable. It can be made unpunishable with v-trigger however

Last edited:

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Does anyone have thoughts on the PC version?

I don't have a ps4 but my computer is above the requirements. I'm just weary about pc fighting games lol.
I have a i3 4170/gtx 960/and 16 gb of RAM. The game is locked at 60 fps maxed out for me. I wouldn't lump this with other PC fighting games because this one has crossplay. PS4 players and PC players can match up.

Sort of, it's like -4 if I remember correctly, so when it's spaced properly it's unpunishable.
Are you talking about EX Eagle Spike? It's -9. Regular Eagle spike is -20 but has huge pushback. Right now Rashid is getting away with it not being punished alot. That will change when people figure out what to do. Ranged normals that are special cancellable can punish any version. Nash can punish it pretty easily, as can Chun. It seems Karin can QCF K on block and launch you into a super.

Rashid frame data.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Street_Fighter_V/Rashid

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
FANG players gotta hit me up, my PSN is ArmedCalf. I am a total SF scrub and I need someone to hold my hand, show me the ropes and tell me everything is gonna be okay.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Ahhh i do remember that loll still makes me laught honestly, tho im going on about this but i dont really care, its sad sure, but the reality of things really comes down to i beat guys in Super and Ultra silver all the time that i have no actual clue how they even got there to begin with and then go lose to Bronze players that honestly where the best matchs iv had so far in this game, go figure han!
I've learned one thing gaming...

Rank and record doesn't matter. What you know and don't know, can and can't do, and how you conduct yourself is what matters.

Noob
I've learned one thing gaming...

Rank and record doesn't matter. What you know and don't know, can and can't do, and how you conduct yourself is what matters.
Respect dude, i wish more ppl caried your atittude, not jus tin gaming... im not one to talk, when i was younger i would rage pretty hard, broke a couple controllers myself, as i got older i couldnt but laught at the stupidity of acting like that because of a game... if i wasnt having fun playing the game and learning from my losses there wouldnt be a point in playing in the first place...

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Any of you play Dhalsim, F.A.N.G, R. Mika or Zangief?

Hit me up PLEASE!
A little Mika. Mika can punish any character, but that's just how you want to play her.

Block - and punish. Now, rinse and repeat.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
What do you guys think about the connection?
Have you had a decent experience?

I've only had one or two questionable matches with hiccups and noticeable lag.

GAV

Respect dude, i wish more ppl caried your atittude, not jus tin gaming... im not one to talk, when i was younger i would rage pretty hard, broke a couple controllers myself, as i got older i couldnt but laught at the stupidity of acting like that because of a game... if i wasnt having fun playing the game and learning from my losses there wouldnt be a point in playing in the first place...
We all did when we were younger. That's why I don't take it all that seriously. Those that are 14 or 15 are going to have made up rules, care entirely too much about rank and record, and become emotional. Give them a pass. They'll grow up just like the rest of us did.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
What do you guys think about the connection?
Have you had a decent experience?

I've only had one or two questionable matches with hiccups and noticeable lag.
Only bad matches so far were against people using wifi (as usual, morons still think it's ok to use wifi for online gaming).

Rest was great, even EU vs USA or EU vs JP, completely playable.

So many people using Ken in the USA though ... helps practicing CC combos :)

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Are you talking about EX Eagle Spike? It's -9. Regular Eagle spike is -20 but has huge pushback. Right now Rashid is getting away with it not being punished alot. That will change when people figure out what to do. Ranged normals that are special cancellable can punish any version. Nash can punish it pretty easily, as can Chun. It seems Karin can QCF K on block and launch you into a super.

Rashid frame data.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Street_Fighter_V/Rashid
Yeah, I tested it a moment ago. I hardly use it, but was off on the frame data obviously. With that said, the v-trigger alters it's properties and it's safe when v-triggers active.