What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Mixed up characters a little. Here's my thoughts...

Dhalsim is just ridiculous. Just learn his hitboxes and poke away. I'm not usually great at keep away, but he was bodying fools.
Lauren is fun and her meta is super-easy. Just keep up close and keep her projectile out. Everything else will come into focus.
Necalli is super-safe and hits for huge damage. His lack of range only leaves him with one bad matchup - Nash.
Nash is S+ tier. He's not Guile though. Take a step back and work. 2 full steps behind sweep range is his hot zone.
Zangief needs help.
R.Mika is really, really fun. I still don't know how to maximize her V trigger, but I was wrong about her. She kicks ass.
Ryu is best at sweep-range. I don't think he's a noob character or overpowered or underpowered.
Ken is great at combos and has nice pressuring tools, but he's wildly unsafe - making him the ultimate risk/reward character.
FANG and Bison are both mehhh, IMO.
Chun Li is tough to use, but she is very safe - so you can level up safely. Her ceiling, I'm not even close to yet.
Birdie takes some precision, but he's very fun. He looked like he was all about his normal, but his game is more rock-paper-scissors than anything else.
Karin gets in for free, but her buttons take some getting used to. Once you get her down though, its almost always your turn.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Mixed up characters a little. Here's my thoughts...

Dhalsim is just ridiculous. Just learn his hitboxes and poke away. I'm not usually great at keep away, but he was bodying fools.
Lauren is fun and her meta is super-easy. Just keep up close and keep her projectile out. Everything else will come into focus.
Necalli is super-safe and hits for huge damage. His lack of range only leaves him with one bad matchup - Nash.
Nash is S+ tier.
Zangief needs help.
R.Mika is really, really fun. I still don't know how to maximize her V trigger, but I was wrong about her. She kicks ass.
Ryu is great from midrange. I don't think he's a noob character or overpowered or underpowered.
Ken is great at combos and has nice pressuring tools, but he's wildly unsafe - making him the ultimate risk/reward character.
FANG and Bison are both mehhh, IMO.
Chun Li is tough to use, but she is very safe - so you can level up safely. Her ceiling, I'm not even close to yet.
Birdie takes some precision, but he's very fun. He looked like he was all about his normal, but his game is more rock-paper-scissors than anything else.
Karin gets in for free, but her buttons take some getting used to. Once you get her down though, its almost always your turn.
You sound like those character introduction videos lol.

Can someone search me in SFV please. @Scott The Scot is saying I'm not popping up. PSN: Buyacushun CFN ID: CM_BUYACUSHUN

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Haven't played an SF since Super Turbo, is this worth the money? I heard that the game isn't fully updated yet, that there are updates left in March and one in June.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Haven't played an SF since Super Turbo, is this worth the money? I heard that the game isn't fully updated yet, that there are updates left in March and one in June.
It's barebones right now but it's functional(somewhat). If you are just playing offline or 1v1 online(only two player lobbies right now) then yeah I guess. But waiting's not a bad option if your sf thirst isn't in high demand after some patches roll out.

Creepy00

Noob
So how do you play as the alternate colors in this game? In MKX, you just press start when selecting a character.

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
They really need to get an anti-ragequitter system in play. Just beat a pathetic bitch of a Necalli player named Falcon XX7 who was on a 22 game "win" streak who of course left as the killing critical art was playing. The guy had almost 2000 points totally undeserved? Anyone else have someone they'd like to shame?

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
All the updates will be free. It's missing some bells and whistles at the moment but the core gameplay is great. If you feel you need to wait for the mode editions that's entirely reasonable, but if you just want to jump in and have fun in matchmaking and possibly stock up on fight money for the DLCs then it's entirely worth it knowing the rest is coming down the pipeline quite soon and won't cost you a dime.

kaseyk

Noob
i must say im really enjoying sfv , a bit surprised im pretty decent at it havent touched a sf game since super street fighter alpha 3 ex arcade remix turbo edition lol jokes since arcade days as a kid .

been using rashid he seems like a great transition character for us nrs guys but it could be i just like quick mobile characters :p . i have been really fortunate with the online very few laggy matches and a handful of in game disconnect from server issues .

i see a few people saying rage quits and thought i was getting them myself ( still possible i was ) but i had a server disconnect or fail to send notice happen when i was on the receiving end of a kill combo yesterday so maybe they were just getting dc effect as i did .

as rashid i only struggle vs ken and ryu day 1 but i have gotten better at baiting shoryu and crush comboing . day 2 rashid was feeling like i had no bad mu's and absolutely demolished every birdie i played that mu felt free even though the highest rated birdie i fought was around 1000lp . gief also felt like a strong mu for rashid though i did lose to 1 of the few i played it was my fault and i should have won it .
the only character i havent seen yet is fang he does seem the least appealing to play so no surprise there

im still adjusting to the game but feel pretty good i was able to get to 1400lp

Reactions: GAV