What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Been only playing Nash exclusively and he seems very good so far. Think I am just gonna stick with him and dabble only with others to learn how to fight against them with Nash.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
What are your feelings on R.Mika so far? I'm having fun with her but struggling a bit.
She's very strong. Didn't lose much from beta phases to final build. Has good buttons and a shit load of resets (some more American than others). What do you find gives you the most trouble when you play as her?

Infamous

Banned
Calling it btw. Rashid's destined for high or top-tier. I don't think there's a character with more potential dirt than him... FANG, Bison, Sim and Laura are all in that same boat, but I think his potential dirt quotient is off the f-cking charts. F'real...
Absolutley. Within 10 min in the lab I could tell. I like him a lot.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Why does the hard survival mode feel so much harder? It used to feel like the first 15 were pushovers, but now they feel more intense at 12

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yeah this survival mode stuff is annoyingly tedious. Thankfully the best colors for just about everyone IMO are within the back from easy and normal survival.

Noob
Ohhhhh how they are coming out of the woodwork... the trend continues with sour losing... just beat a Super Silver guy that at the end of the match disconnected his internet so he wouldnt take the loss, this is so sad its painfull...

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
I played quite a bit of Street Fighter 4 through its' various stages so I've seen all sorts of cheese but so far SFV just have a level of scrubs I've never seen before. So far I've seen run away Kens who will tatsu to the otherside of the screen if you even get near them and a Cammy who literally did a special every second as long as wasn't knocked down and would Hooligan two times if she got a knockdown as you were getting up. Makes me miss the Drill spike/Canon spike spammers of 4.

Noob
I dont even know what to think, or rather should i say i now exacly how to feel about this... this is a game where 90% of this ppl will never leave their moms basement to go to a tornament so do you care so much about your points online that you go to this lenghts? some ppl take their gaming way to seriously i guess

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Why does the hard survival mode feel so much harder? It used to feel like the first 15 were pushovers, but now they feel more intense at 12
There are matches that are harder than the others. Overall it's just as easy, except for those few matches and for the last 45+ line (usually)

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
I dont even know what to think, or rather should i say i now exacly how to feel about this... this is a game where 90% of this ppl will never leave their moms basement to go to a tornament so do you care so much about your points online that you go to this lenghts? some ppl take their gaming way to seriously i guess
Yeah it's sad shit. But Capcom is planning on adding a feature to ignore/block those guys.

I'd rather have a quarantine for them : 3 ragequits = 1h stuck with your ragequit friends, 5 = 12h, 10 = 24h.
Something like that.

So they can still play online, but with each other, ragequitting bitch vs ragequitting bitch :)

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
People were ragequitting in the beta for point totals that were just going to get reset anyway. People can be incredibly sad when you get down to it.

Reactions: 14K

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I love her design.

I'd just make her overhead unsafe on guard (like -4) instead of safe at -2 ... that makes no sense, especially since you can combo from it during VT.
And I'd strip her out of her cLP sMP cMK confirm.

No reason selling SFV has a game that turned his back on "jabs as universal combo starters" and turned them into "get off me" normals that can, at best, score a low damage combo if you add a special, if Chun-Li can still play the "3 frames will confirm into special or super" game.

I'd understand if she was lacking in some department, but, overall, she has :

- great pokes
- great mixups (command normals + V-Skill --- see vid link)
- confirms from her 3f jab
- one of the best V-Trigger (shit, her normals become mad safe and actually mad positive on block, for example, cHP is like +9, her cMK +6 etc)
- air Hyakuretsu for pressure, and you can combo from it
- EX SBK, has a good get off me move, that prevents crossups too
- an air throw (+21 if your opponent quick rises ! lol)
- a projectile that she can dash follow to mount some offense
- double hitting air HP that put people in juggle state
- great mobility
- cMP slides under projectiles, and you can hit confirm into VT combos
- great anti-air normals (b+HK or sLK) : you can do b+HK, sHP, Super (during VT) or sLK > dash under for mixups.

To me, it doesn't make sense to give her light > medium links AND a safe overhead she can combo from once VT is activated., considering all the tools she has for offense in her toolbox.

But that's only my opinion, after a few months of playing the whole cast. I may be wrong :)

I've had a lot of success with Cammy, but she's definitely meant to be played defensively. Her game is simple. Use her standing MK to force them into action and just play off of that with her other tools. Her tools are this: a crouching MP, an anti-air DP kick, her V skill which can be combo'ed off of and can cross-up, her hooligan flip game, and her crouching FP. If her V trigger is up, her RK Drill becomes safe and you can combo with the Spike into her Super for over half damage. Cammy's game is super-simple compared to Chun Li's, but simple can be very effective.

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
Yeah it's sad shit. But Capcom is planning on adding a feature to ignore/block those guys.

I'd rather have a quarantine for them : 3 ragequits = 1h stuck with your ragequit friends, 5 = 12h, 10 = 24h.
Something like that.

So they can still play online, but with each other, ragequitting bitch vs ragequitting bitch :)
I wish they would do that

Noob
People were ragequitting in the beta for point totals that were just going to get reset anyway. People can be incredibly sad when you get down to it.
LOL thats even sadder its like next lvl sad, i which capcom had like a Sad meter next to the character lvl meter and when you ragequit the little anouncer robot chick would go like " Your Sad lvl just increased" i would burst into laughter, i should do a video on that sh..t this is gold lol

Reactions: GAV
alright. So I tested Karin's qcb punch. Seems heavy is -6, medium -5, light -4. As others said, neutral jump mk works amazingly well.

On block, DP after blocking the Heavy fullscreen overhead is a Clean punish. Karin can't even bait out a reversal by blocking. DP will still hit her. I tried doing QCB + HP into the slide, into the command throw, stopping and blocking, into a regular throw, and into a poke. It didn't matter what I did afterwards. DP beat every follow up 100%

Learning matchups in SF is much more important than it is in NRS games. Not saying it's not important in NRS games, what I mean is that on average the normals and hence recovery frames are faster, so your window of opportunity is smaller. This makes it less obvious when you can punish someone. There are way less points where its it like, "ok you blocked now here's my face for 25 frames." You need to know your options and be able to react faster.

Next on my list is figuring out how Karin punishes rashid. his pushback seems to make his negative specials safe against her. probably not true. Need to find out. @Rickyraws any input here? how do you punish Rashid with Karin?

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
LOL thats even sadder its like next lvl sad, i which capcom had like a Sad meter next to the character lvl meter and when you ragequit the little anouncer robot chick would go like " Your Sad lvl just increased" i would burst into laughter, i should do a video on that sh..t this is gold lol
I like the idea of The Saltines League, but I remember it went wrong when they did that with KI.

The game couldn't recognize who the Rage Quitter was, so everyone just ended up in there.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
man so i just played as laura for the first time last night ( as in really played - not just test the waters ).... and as ken main, im kinda jelly of her v skill dash capabilities. like the speed that she can back out and back in or vice versa is kinda OD.

its amazing how ppl call this sleep fighter ..