What's new

Starfire Matchup Discussion

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
When and Where Dink said he dropped her? He just last week played with her. and even asked his viewers from some tips from her. As for Jupiter, even if he is washed up, that doesn't change the fact that he plays her, and if he is washed up, that's him being the problem, not Starfire.
Dink calls her a "utility" character for certain matchups and she's primarily used for fun. That plays zero value in her viability. Dink is a great player, but ranked is ranked and means nothing because the competition is usually horrible and when Wi-Fi warriors exist. You factor in how like no one plays her and they probably don't even know the MU. Also, doesn't matter if Jupiter plays her when he doesn't even compete; he was basically dragged in for NEC when he didn't want to go. You make it sound like he's our representative in the competitive scene when he isn't.

Our rep in the tournament scene is pathetic in terms of numbers. Tweedy is the only one who uses her the most and he even thinks she needs help and Playing To Win does as well. Semijj basically doesn't play her at all except in koth for fun like he does with Ivy. Sonic thinks she is garbage, and BeyondToxin dropped her not long after her release. Revet hasn't played her in a while either. So maybe it's not the players, but the character herself.

She has never placed in top 32 or 64 in majors, and was "normalized" before she even was tournament legal. She's about as likely to be seen played as the new Captain Cold.

If people believe the community is sleeping on her or think She's sssooo great, give me reasons, show me results because they are not there and I can wrote you a novel showing you why. Foxy said she's Deadshot 2.0 but if that was true he'd be playing her. Literally the only reason that the community will not allow her help and upplay to their hearts content is because she's "boring" and doesn't want her to be seen.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

Matching tools to the top tier I mean she has great neutral imo and yea Jupiter loss to Hellboy but I think it would of change if he committed to db3 for anti air maybe your right I don't main her but I was thinking of picking her up as a pocket but semiji also plays her
Db3 gets baited for free by Hellboy because he can cancel his leap immediately with a backward airdash or activate armor and not have to worry about db3 at all.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Dink calls her a "utility" character for certain matchups and she's primarily used for fun. That plays zero value in her viability. Dink is a great player, but ranked is ranked and means nothing because the competition is usually horrible and when Wi-Fi warriors exist. You factor in how like no one plays her and they probably don't even know the MU. Also, doesn't matter if Jupiter plays her when he doesn't even compete; he was basically dragged in for NEC when he didn't want to go. You make it sound like he's our representative in the competitive scene when he isn't.

Our rep in the tournament scene is pathetic in terms of numbers. Tweedy is the only one who uses her the most and he even thinks she needs help and Playing To Win does as well. Semijj basically doesn't play her at all except in koth for fun like he does with Ivy. Sonic thinks she is garbage, and BeyondToxin dropped her not long after her release. Revet hasn't played her in a while either. So maybe it's not the players, but the character herself.

She has never placed in top 32 or 64 in majors, and was "normalized" before she even was tournament legal. She's about as likely to be seen played as the new Captain Cold.

If people believe the community is sleeping on her or think She's sssooo great, give me reasons, show me results because they are not there and I can wrote you a novel showing you why. Foxy said she's Deadshot 2.0 but if that was true he'd be playing her. Literally the only reason that the community will not allow her help and upplay to their hearts content is because she's "boring" and doesn't want her to be seen.
She made it to Top 8's before, including one time when she was used by Sooneo who made it to the 2nd place of Rumble in the Tundra and even got an amazing clutch finish in one of the games with her. Yes she was never played on her own, but she is still played, even if not in the same frequency as others. Maybe she can use a couple of buffs, and I've never said she is our representative our something, but you're acting like she is garbage tier.

I've already explained why she is good just a few posts ago, you can read it for yourself.

And a bit off-topic, Ranked is very good, there is great competition there. Just saying.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Db3 gets baited for free by Hellboy because he can cancel his leap immediately with a backward airdash or activate armor and not have to worry about db3 at all.
db3 is also unsafe, slow and not useable on reaction at all.
You literally have to read while others can react.
Massive handicap.

DB3 is 9 frames on Startup, how is it slow for an AA?
Try using it to aa thing s like flash j2 or robin j3 or the other huge list of stron. Jump normals. Use it on reaction in game play. Her AA game sucks.

I fact all but 5 or 6 characters have legit AA options vs the strongest jump ins

This is a game about neutral and footsies. Hers suck. F2 doesn’t lead to anything so who cares if they get hit.

Also she is extremely hard to buff bc her zoning is very good. If u make f2 a mid she would f2hairtrait and push everyone fullscreen.

Which is fine bc I’m a game where someone like hell boy exists... zoning is irrelevant vs him and others

Roy Arkon

Try using it to aa thing s like flash j2 or robin j3 or the other huge list of stron. Jump normals. Use it on reaction in game play. Her AA game sucks.

I fact all but 5 or 6 characters have legit AA options vs the strongest jump ins
Is that so?

DarksydeDash

First off I never said she's garbage tier.

She has too much consistency with her hit boxes and whiffing issues as well as her recovery. Her neutral is up close is poor too.

Roy Arkon

First off I never said she's garbage tier.

She has too much consistency with her hit boxes and whiffing issues as well as her recovery. Her neutral is up close is poor too.
So have you ever thought for a second if she is not supposed to be played by the neutral and pokes? I mean, her main gameplan is projectile-based Zoning, with small of a lot of other playstyles/advantages too. And as a well-rounded char, she isn't necessarily have to excel where other chars are.

Also, speaking of which, how come IJ2 is about neutral and pokes? Isn't it about Zoning? And even if IJ2 is about neutral and pokes, once again, does every character have to play by neutral to be effective in this game? I don't think so, but you're welcome to explain to me how and why.

I'm curious how is her neutral bad she has a far sweep a real good jump in and her f3 is good in my opinion for the type of character she is I don't see her having a bad neutral maybe bad controlling the air but she has a decent neutral

I just want her s2 to be 9 frames and her f2 to not knock away on hit.
S2 would be nice. I would like d1 orb to combo again since a tremendous amount of characters get a d1 launcher. F23 is a hardknockdown so you get insta air dash Pressure. F2 just doesn’t lead to anything. F23 being comboable would be nice. Her neutral game is just too hard to play without panicking vs these characters that can jump all day on her.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!

Well in fairness I don't think many can

DarksydeDash

S2 would be nice. I would like d1 orb to combo again since a tremendous amount of characters get a d1 launcher. F23 is a hardknockdown so you get insta air dash Pressure. F2 just doesn’t lead to anything. F23 being comboable would be nice. Her neutral game is just too hard to play without panicking vs these characters that can jump all day on her.
I want that back to but every time I bring it up everyone says she doesn't need it, (when she had it in the first place).

Roy Arkon

IJ2 was never about zoning imo, that's just something casuals made up because they actually had to get around zoning in this game.
But if that's the case then how IJ2 is all about neutral and pokes? How is this showcased in the game?

I'm curious how is her neutral bad she has a far sweep a real good jump in and her f3 is good in my opinion for the type of character she is I don't see her having a bad neutral maybe bad controlling the air but she has a decent neutral
Good points, it's not like her neutral is bad. Maybe not as good as others (and that's just a "maybe), but still good.

Error

DF2+R2
But if that's the case then how IJ2 is all about neutral and pokes? How is this showcased in the game?

Good points, it's not like her neutral is bad. Maybe not as good as others (and that's just a "maybe), but still good.
Quite a few of the characters considered to be on top have strong neutral tools: Supergirl, Catwoman, Black Adam, Manta, Red Hood, Robin, and Superman for example.

Roy Arkon

Quite a few of the characters considered to be on top have strong neutral tools: Supergirl, Catwoman, Black Adam, Manta, Red Hood, Robin, and Superman for example.
Indeed all of those chars except Black Manta has at least some kind of Zoning and yet all of them have good neutral tools, but I won't say Manta is on top of that list. Not that he's bad or anything, just not as strong as the others you mentioned. But maybe you're right though.

I want that back to but every time I bring it up everyone says she doesn't need it, (when she had it in the first place).
and I bet their character can do it. just look at robin who can hit confirm off a 6 poke to >400 damage or a standing reset... or black adam can do d1 trait f1.... or aqua d1 scoop... or supergirl having a true low to delayable/plus breath et cetera....

Indeed all of those chars except Black Manta has at least some kind of Zoning and yet all of them have good neutral tools, but I won't say Manta is on top of that list. Not that he's bad or anything, just not as strong as the others you mentioned. But maybe you're right though.
Yea I get those character have good neutral but none reach as far as starfire, I haven't messed with her enough yet but I feel like mixing the sweep and f3 with trait and rest of her kit gives her a lot of options maybe I'm wrong