What's new

Starfire Matchup Discussion

BruskyPoet

Johnny bought a car
Starfire holds up pretty well against everyone as far as I know. She's another Batman and Superman when it comes to matchups, it's pretty even all around.

HapHaxion

"Knowledge" - Taio Cruz
the real question: is she the new Black Adam?

Also: She may have a lot of good matchups, but are there any off the top of your head that are even? If she does have more even matchups it makes her slightly less OP than BA was

AceOfKnaves

Hallucin8
I feel like her only really bad MUs are Supergirl
And maybe a soft 6-4 in Harleys favor.
Green arrow I think also takes it.

Then I think it's 5-5 Deadshot

I'm going out on a limb and saying 5-5 flash

And 6-4 starfires favor damn near everyone else.

Atleast from this scrubs perspective

Last edited:

AceOfKnaves

Hallucin8
I may be looking at it to much from my own skill level, and mostly from full screen fighting as it seems to mostly take place there.
But it feels like whom ever can get their Zoning pressure solidified first takes it.

If im not mistaken desdshot wins in trade damage vs star bolt, and can contend with trait.
Low Profiling projectile with db3. To avoid the majority if starfires projectiles and take back his turn.

Starfire on the other hand is able to get some pressure ala db1 it leaves Desdshot stuck or forced to move in as stardust is less + the closer it lands. followed by well timed traits and additional pressure with df1

And utilizing MB-db1 to slow down desdshots pressure to take her turn back.

Probably doesn't make as much sense written out as it did in my head

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I think that chars with air dashes contest her zoning pretty well. thus I would consider supergirl, superman and firestorm slightly in their respective favour. chars that can low profile projectiles also zone her out, so deadshot and green arrow might be bad as well. besides i think that she does lose to batman.

scarecrow has great range and teleports, I don't see him losing to sf either. darkseid has every tool to contest her zoning. both opponents might be even or have the advantage.

cheetah is interesting. I haven't played one, but her jumping angle seems to get past sf-zoning.

green lantern relies heavily on his oki game and sf has great wakeups. I don't think that he wins this matchup.

while sf zoning is strong, people will eventually learn to deal with it. the strongest aspect is the fact that sf can hold trait to catch mb-rolls that stop in front of her. however once opponents roll behind her, she is in severe danger.

as with all zoning characters (not named zod): at the beginning they seem stronger than they really are. I expect her to end up mid tier.

Once everyone gets used to ducking and punishing f2 in the neutral she'll start to show more bad matchups. Her zoning is good and has good anti airs. She struggles to launch without meter midscreen unless its off an antiair (maybe im missing something) and lacks a decent mid. Her airdash is slow as all hell and the only string she has that hitconfirms midscreen to her projectile launcher is 23 from what i can tell. To be fair though i only just got her last night. So these are just my first thoughts.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Once everyone gets used to ducking and punishing f2 in the neutral she'll start to show more bad matchups. Her zoning is good and has good anti airs. She struggles to launch without meter midscreen unless its off an antiair (maybe im missing something) and lacks a decent mid. Her airdash is slow as all hell and the only string she has that hitconfirms midscreen to her projectile launcher is 23 from what i can tell. To be fair though i only just got her last night. So these are just my first thoughts.
First thoughts aren't allowed around these parts buddy

Seriously though I've been trying to play her like Mileena from MKX, controlling the neutral with safe pressure instead of spam zoning like Deadshot. It's been good, now we just have to wait for people to learn the MU so we can see how good she really is.

It's looking promising though. I had the same first impression as you.

First thoughts aren't allowed around these parts buddy

Seriously though I've been trying to play her like Mileena from MKX, controlling the neutral with safe pressure instead of spam zoning like Deadshot. It's been good, now we just have to wait for people to learn the MU so we can see how good she really is.

It's looking promising though. I had the same first impression as you.
She is a super cool character though. Bringing a teen titan to the mix adds so much flavor.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
she has a jumping linear beam, and if you air dash close up she has the spin around beam, how does an air dash help?

mmh pt 2
said tools only work on reads. actually it is some sort of coinflip game:

- will you shoot while on the floor => you lose to an airdash
- will you shoot in the air => you lose to a grounded dash

at sweep range neither of the tools that you have mentioned works well, because you risk eating a fullcombo, while you can only damage him with a charged up projectile.

Not trolling here but when the majority of the people playing her says she 6-4's 3/4 of the cast, how is there not going to be an immediate nerf. I mean I love NRS games but we all know how they work.

I may be looking at it to much from my own skill level, and mostly from full screen fighting as it seems to mostly take place there.
But it feels like whom ever can get their Zoning pressure solidified first takes it.

If im not mistaken desdshot wins in trade damage vs star bolt, and can contend with trait.
Low Profiling projectile with db3. To avoid the majority if starfires projectiles and take back his turn.

Starfire on the other hand is able to get some pressure ala db1 it leaves Desdshot stuck or forced to move in as stardust is less + the closer it lands. followed by well timed traits and additional pressure with df1

And utilizing MB-db1 to slow down desdshots pressure to take her turn back.

Probably doesn't make as much sense written out as it did in my head
shes forced to come to deadshot, the knockdown on his trait and his recovery on his projectiles is too quick, he can duck her trait and high proj which are her only fast ones.

supergirl ive been fien with, deadshot feels bad