What's new

Starfire Matchup Discussion

Is her damage really that nuts? I mean her AA damage is the only pre nerf black Adam equivalent that might need to be looked at. Her chip damage is a little nuts but it's kinda 50/50 since they can backdash on reversal to stop the close stardust and requires trait.

I feel like the only time I'm doing huge damage is off bounce cancels or armored B3s, which is true with most of the cast tbh. Her stardust MB scales pretty hard for most conversions mid screen and there are much scarier characters in the corner. Her zoning can be traded with half the cast in terms of damage imo. Both projectiles are high unless she uses meter or uses stardust which is pretty easy to avoid unless from a read. I can only get to 570 on superman using 3-4 bars. There are a lot of characters that can do more with that much meter imo.

Maybe I'm just subconsciously downplaying her...

I also don't see how she beats deadshot considering he's gonna beat you up close and if you trade projectiles with him, his trait is going to mess your game up.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
So far I feel like she does really well in lots of match-up, that said I've come across some matchups that are going to need time to develop; Deadshot, Dr. Fate, Green Arrow, Batman, so far.
I agree on all of those. I hear rumblings about supergirl being bad for her, no. Not at all. I've only had troubles with GA,Deadshot,and Superman. For supes after a few days people adjusted and started air lasering much more so now the MU feels like a read on that a lot. I wouldn't say it's bad just need to play it a loooooooot more

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Joker was the first character that I thought she just dominated.
It's insane the amount of tools 95% of the roster has and they just completely ignore... again. But I digress. She blows joker up easy. If you're having a problem in this MU, you're just being outplayed severely and need to lab the MU.

It's insane the amount of tools 95% of the roster has and they just completely ignore... again. But I digress. She blows joker up easy. If you're having a problem in this MU, you're just being outplayed severely and need to lab the MU.
For some reason, I've run into a shit load of Jokers and played really long sets when I've been using Starfire. Rarely played them before. This is good though because I always had trouble with teeth playing as Bane.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
For some reason, I've run into a shit load of Jokers and played really long sets when I've been using Starfire. Rarely played them before. This is good though because I always had trouble with teeth playing as Bane.
That's cool you can get the MU experience. The only jokers I ever run into on PSN i know. Outside of them, any player that tries joker vs generally just switch to another character after like 1 or 2 games.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
scarecrow has great range and teleports, I don't see him losing to sf either.
Funny you mention him, I just played my friend's Scarecrow last night and right now it feels slightly in Starfire's favor. Her secret sweep, F2, and raw B3s are able to contest his grounded range. Even managed to anti air him with B2 a few times.

I built so much meter that most of my meter was spent pushblocking him anytime he did MB Wave pressure. So essentially it was hard for him to get pressure started, and once he did I always had about 2-3 bars and was not afraid to pushblock him to reset neutral. Always traded a bar for a bar.

Also I was able to punish about 80% of teleports and MB Rolls. Those are not great options vs her.

Just like any other zoning MU, if the rushdown char can stay in, it will be a nightmare for the zoner. Its just that Starfire tends to have a lot of resources to reduce chances of that happening for Scarecrow.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
She has the advantage on scarecrow. That teleport doesn't mean anything because you can bait it and full combo punish. You aren't supposed to just mindlessly throw stuff against characters with teleports you zone and try and react to how they approach your zoning. Watch how foxy plays characters with teleports w deadhsot for examples

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Still have problem with Superman.

I think that Starfire has the tools to do well against Superman but lot of air lasers and F23 generally overcome my gameplan.

I win some matches but never win a full set.

How do you guys feel about the Sub-Zero MU?
Pretty positively at the moment.

Starfire easily wins fullscreen just by chucking starbolts and stardust and ducking at the appropriate times - Sub Zero has to come to you or he'll be chipped to death. Her close range options are better than his too, particularly d1 and the 21/23 series. Slide is also an even bigger risk for Sub Zero than it is generally because of how strong Starfire's combo punishes are. I'm pretty confident in it being a solid 6:4 for the time being.

Random tidbit about the matchup: if Starfire's Tamaranean charge meets Sub Zero's slide, slide wins. Doesn't affect much, but it's funny to see.

Espio

Kokomo
thoughts regarding superman, beetle, and cheetah?
Beetle versus her feels 5-5. He wins projectile trades and his air mobility can disrupt a lot of her zoning. Beetle with a life lead on her is very strong. What keeps this even is her really godlike damage, DP and she does have decent air answers to flightt. Footsie wise it's pretty even overall since sweep, shield bash and forward 2 keep in step with her forward 2 etc. It feels like generally the better player will win this match up.

Cheetah versus her feels losing for Cheetah. Starfire's anti-airs are really strong and lead to big damage, bigger than most of the cast so the risk/reward isn't as good as against other characters for Cheetah.

Unlike many other mid projectiles, Cheetah cannot low profile Starfire's mid MB trait blast so if Starfire sees her go into pounce and she has a bar she can reliably check/punish her. Starfire also goes over Cheetah's sweep and down 1 reliably with forward 2,2 and standing 3 which weakens her offense/poking game. Some bright spots for cheetah is that Starfire's wake ups are all unsafe unless she spends a bar and Cheetah's sweep can go under her back 3, which is a godsend. It feels very doable for Cheetah, but she's gonna have to play Starfire's game often.

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
Anyone lab the fate match up? Seems like Fate barely wins fullscreen but she wins anywhere else