What's new

Starfire Matchup Discussion

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I like to j3 people and when they start thinking about that I will jump but then air dash into j2,23xxdb1mb. Also air dash into j3. Air dash into j2, grab. Stuff like that, gotta keep them confused.
No offense but a good Dr. Fate will air to air you every time with a j1 and you'll eat 48% if he has an ankh. Honestly the best way to approach Fate is to walk him down and punish him on reaction if he calls an ankh or orb in the neutral. If you spend a bar from trait you get a free forward dash to help get in. Once he's in the corner, you must be extremely wary of his wakeup and make every hit count.

jmt

Noob
No offense but a good Dr. Fate will air to air you every time with a j1 and you'll eat 48% if he has an ankh. Honestly the best way to approach Fate is to walk him down and punish him on reaction if he calls an ankh or orb in the neutral. If you spend a bar from trait you get a free forward dash to help get in. Once he's in the corner, you must be extremely wary of his wakeup and make every hit count.
No offense taken, that's your opinion. All good. I don’t agree though.

Last edited:
fate is 4-6 probably - deadshot is by far her worst at 3-7 i'd say. i haven't played a super high level Green arrow, im not sure fi her zoning is strong enough in that mu, that might be 4-6. supergirl might be even but could be considered bad. almost every other matchup is winning - with a few like redhood being evenish i'd say.

come to think of it, black adam is definitely not winning..might be another difficult one.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
How is she bad?????
She fits Sajam's definition of a low tier character.
Nobody remarkable mains her, everybody keeps saying she's good and fine but when you match her tools against any of the upper half of the roster she'll come short.

Stanlos

Noob
She fits Sajam's definition of a low tier character.
Nobody remarkable mains her, everybody keeps saying she's good and fine but when you match her tools against any of the upper half of the roster she'll come short.
I remember some discussion like this on the WW board close to launch. It still confuses me so I will ask here as well: how does whether a pro player uses the kit factor into the assets the kit has?????

Matching tools to the top tier I mean she has great neutral imo and yea Jupiter loss to Hellboy but I think it would of change if he committed to db3 for anti air maybe your right I don't main her but I was thinking of picking her up as a pocket but semiji also plays her

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Dink already dropped her and Jupiter has been washed up since esl lmao
When and Where Dink said he dropped her? He just last week played with her. and even asked his viewers from some tips from her. As for Jupiter, even if he is washed up, that doesn't change the fact that he plays her, and if he is washed up, that's him being the problem, not Starfire.

Last edited: