What's new

Sony reveals the Playstation 4

RYX

BIG PUSHER
they do, maybe not at first, but they eventually do.

You invest in something only to have it abandoned is how this makes a lot of people feel, and its silly because they expect you to shell out hundreds of more dollars on what you've already bought before.
The problem is they're starting from scratch which is only a good thing in the long run. I'd much rather have new developers on a new console than that console stay non-friendly to devs and play games I'm going to forget about later. It's possible the streaming thing might actually be good, but I'm more interested in the future than the past. :)

Tim Static

Adminerator
The problem is they're starting from scratch which is only a good thing in the long run. I'd much rather have new developers on a new console than that console stay non-friendly to devs and play games I'm going to forget about later. It's possible the streaming thing might actually be good, but I'm more interested in the future than the past. :)
Its good for them (possibly), but its not good for the consumer as a whole.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Its good for them (possibly), but its not good for the consumer as a whole.
New games and new developers for said games is definitely good for consumers, more to consume. Mutually beneficial IMO

Edit: I'm not trying to blow anyone up, but since there's no backwards compatibility, why not just be excited for the coming releases? Seems like people only want to look at the bad things.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
One positive thing that I heard was that the PS4 WILL be supporting used games.

How bad was it that this is thought of as a positive thing? That's already the standard and has been for years.
Yeah, that did make me cringe. But to be fair, the CONCEPT of this rumor was stupid.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Bomberman Was it said or does anyone know if it was said that the USB ports would support the inpin converters we all use for ps2/ps3 tournaments?

It would be awesome if it were a biometric scanner.
"Scan your the fingerprint that identifies you as the PSN ID owner." :eek:
The camera does that.

"The Eye also has face recognition, allowing visual user logins."

Bomberman Was it said or does anyone know if it was said that the USB ports would support the inpin converters we all use for ps2/ps3 tournaments?
No idea.

You could ask them - http://etokki.com/index.php?route=information/contact

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You're looking at this wrong, Lol.

It's just not about pretty graphics for next gen and buying moar braindead FPS shooters they pump out for masses that'll keep buying.

It's more important to FGC.
The FGG will still have whatever systems they're using now. I'm sure not going to throw my PS3 out the window just because PS4 is released.

It'll take 2-3 years for most people to even buy a next-generation system.. By then, both new fighting games, and ports of old ones, will be out.

^ too much Battlestar :p

Tim Static

Adminerator
The FGG will still have whatever systems they're using now. I'm sure not going to throw my PS3 out the window just because PS4 is released.

It'll take 2-3 years for most people to even buy a next-generation system.. By then, both new fighting games, and ports of old ones, will be out.
For 10 years +, the Dreamcast is still the FGC's preferred console of choice for MvC2 :p

Noob
I'm always willing to purchase games on their respective consoles... even buying the same game on different systems when needed... but if it's true that they won't port the pre-purchased PSN games over to the "new" PSN, then that's just bad business. I have no need to purchase the same games, with the same profile that I've already purchased. I hope Sony's long term plan is to add PSN Backward Compatibility at some point.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Reactions: RYX

RoGE

Noob
I hope the controller has a memory card like the dreamcast or something you can interact with depending on the game. Imagine being able to do button checks and saving your button config on it.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Didn't they say that you would be able to follow your favorite "Creator" and view their content on the spot?
I didn't watch it but I've watched multiple review videos and that's what they seem to think.

Regardless, it's through ustream which is terrible, Microsoft wouldn't partner with the same company.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
So this is something that I picked up on that I haven't heard anyone discuss:
@1:57
"And a lightbar. As a simpler, more friendly way to identify players."
That can really mean anything from "Who is P1 or P2?" to "Scan your PSN card to verify ownership."

Do you pimp out your playstation?