What's new

Sony reveals the Playstation 4

So far they have not announced anything about backwards compability.

And to be honest, so far it just sounds like a more powerful system and nothing more. Nothing so far has really grabbed my attention as groundbreaking.

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
I can't wait to see the 720's dpad. That will probably be the deciding factor between which console I end up buying. Everything else is just extra for me.

And appropriately, a FPS is shown off first. But goddamn does this thing look amazing. Loved the draw distance graphics on it.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
They said something about being able to use games from Ps1, 2 and 3, not sure if they meant through downloads or actual backwards compatability.
I thought it was described as 'PS3 games not natively compatible with PS4'.

So this is the guy who made Braid? I never played it but I heard good things about it. and yeah, his presence just seems creepy.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Even though I don't own a PS3 or any PS3 games, the first thing I EXPECT from a next gen console is backwards compatibility. It won't affect me at all if I decide to get a PS4, but that's some epic faulsauce right there.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
The thing I really want to know is... can we transfer our previously downloaded files from the PSN Store over to the PS4?