What's new

Sonix Fox's Thoughts on MK11

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
But it actually got to a point where people were just straight up being personal and offensive here, and that is something we hardly experience on twitter.

Alright see this is the issue. You say twitter is better but I actually believe it’s worse. You guys likely ignore all the hate easier because you have so many followers you pay more attention to the love. But either way I’ve seen tons of disgusting shit said to not only you, but tweedy, pig, p2w, reo u name him. Just awful shit. Even about Kitana prime when he was going through tough shit. People destroy you guys on twitter for opinions too just as much as you get love. Example

So I mean look, you don’t HAVE to do anything man. I agree with the guy earlier who said that just cause you started here doesn’t mean you have to contribute or be around you don’t owe this place a thing. But just saying at least don’t constantly shit on it at every moment, but come around when it seems to benefit oneself or another party(which doesn’t necessarily mean you my guy)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
the same guy that made lots of people leave tym and got into their personal lives to begin with so absolutely! It isn’t toxic to not want shitty people in your community.

Also this thread had gotten derailed at some point to straight guys talking about my sexuality and why I shouldnt be what I am online and that is what I am talking about. Us other players lurk around here for tech and that is about it. Anything we say or do tends to get mad dumb shit to happen. The site itself isn’t the problem, it is the way people carry themselves around here even in threads. Like how did in this thread before I even approached it did it come to players talking about my life twice??? That is something you never find anywhere else. Really this problem wouldve been solved long ago had rules been enforced by mods better.

TYM is a good site to bring newer players into tech. But if you are serious about the competitive scene, you should use Twitter for NRS Discussion and tourneys etc. And that’s just where lotsa of the “leaders” you guys talk about is at. We are absolutely willing to return if TYM is shown to get its act back together.
very good point, Fox, that I have no option but only have to agree with .... its very nice and interesting you came and gave your personal opinion about all of this .... this shows high level of maturity indeed. ;)

Major respect to your words. :)

Anyway, it's not the place, but , the people on it. It's the same you say: "USA is a crap of country, people there are stupid and donkey .... toxic and shit" ... nope. You can't judge an entire country because some dudes on there are assholes, nope ... there is always room to find out good people among there. ;)

Same here. Some people are better than others, while others are worse, but, I believe majority here, are not people from the Dark Side of the Force, rsrsr. :p

Anyaway, thank you very much from spending some personal time, coming here and sharing your point of view with us. :D

Hope you kick ass and do well in the EVO 2019 ! :D

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
the same guy that made lots of people leave tym and got into their personal lives to begin with so absolutely! It isn’t toxic to not want shitty people in your community.
So your plan is to fight toxicity with toxicity? Do you seriously not realize how much hypocrisy is behind your words?

Also this thread had gotten derailed at some point to straight guys talking about my sexuality and why I shouldnt be what I am online and that is what I am talking about. Us other players lurk around here for tech and that is about it. Anything we say or do tends to get mad dumb shit to happen. The site itself isn’t the problem, it is the way people carry themselves around here even in threads. Like how did in this thread before I even approached it did it come to players talking about my life twice??? That is something you never find anywhere else. Really this problem wouldve been solved long ago had rules been enforced by mods better.

TYM is a good site to bring newer players into tech. But if you are serious about the competitive scene, you should use Twitter for NRS Discussion and tourneys etc. And that’s just where lotsa of the “leaders” you guys talk about is at. We are absolutely willing to return if TYM is shown to get its act back together.
People talk about your sexuality because that's literally all you talk about, and you even joke about it. If you don't want people to talk about your sexuality, that's fine. If you don't want people to tell you that you should tweet differently, that's also fine for the most part. But you have to pick one.

The only thing of relevance i'm going to contribute to this is "fuck twitter for tech", and by extension discord.

I get why it's caught on and everything, but man is it SO much worse than searching a forum (often with pinned topics and subforums) for tech than it is searching twitter/discord.

Every time someone switches mains they head to the discords and ask 20 questions which have all been answered a thousand times and take forever to get up to speed. It's so much easier when you can say "go here" and link them to some guide that's been built so they can figure out all the common questions and get them off the ground.

Lol this reminds me of when I started an argument on the complaint thread about women wearing sexualized outfits and how it’s strange that people want the women to show more body. We ought to make another forum for politics and moral opinions at this point

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Alright see this is the issue. You say twitter is better but I actually believe it’s worse.
The only creeps I've ever encountered were on Twitter. I could go on about being a woman in gaming in a sea of men, but it would be useless because the positives far outweigh the few creeps I have come across in my time. Everyone on here has always been freaking great.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Combo breakers are poor design, a combo breaker that lets you punish a person for doing well in the neutral is insane.

Giving a universal parry that launches for 30%+ is also insane for a toned down neutral focused fighting game.

Both are really weird decisions in contrast to the whole rest of the game.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Combo breakers are poor design, a combo breaker that lets you punish a person for doing well in the neutral is insane.

Giving a universal parry that launches for 30%+ is also insane for a toned down neutral focused fighting game.

Look at this trooper trying to get the thread back on course.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

Maybe they were afraid of not giving casual players an exit strategy out of combos, tho I do see now looking back at my matches by day 3 that it isn't a good way to do that at all. I feel if they don't give the defender an opportunity to punish, then it'll be much better.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Is it?

I feel like people don't want to address the fact that certain offensive heavy characters are likely affected by recovery on max damage (leading to an easier break-punish chance) than others. That this may be by NRS design as part of their balance. It was what the whole Scorpion Spear punish convo was about. There are layers purposely put there by design, and given to the players to make the decisions during play. Skarlet is affected significantly less by the fear of break punish, but also has significantly less opportunities to launch you, extend combos, KB combo, variety in baits during combos, or midscreen damage. That has to be intentional. We should play the game and actually know what is impacted first.

Dizzy already confirmed you cannot mash parry, it has to be timed, and has a delay when doing it. With this confirmation we know it has to be done within a 3F window of the attack. That is a proper reward, because when players actually can play the game properly, you'll see them do things like cut a string short, or cancelling 124 into 12-special to punish someone trying to FLB them. Another example of layers.

I think "omg I don't understand it so remove it" is the definition of knee-jerk reaction. I remember all of them. I remember the "no interactables in Inj1" arguments. I remember the "should variations be locked" and the "run button shouldn't cost stamina because of combos" arguments. I remember the "why did they change the break system" in Inj2 arguments. All over reactions. Yet we keep doing the same exact thing each title.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist

I liked breakers, but I can see why they wouldn't work in a game with recharging meter. I'd say a knockdown without resources to get out of oki in any way and the risk to get hit once more is a good alternative, but the attacker's recovery should be completely cancelled for that to happen.

Dizzy already confirmed you cannot mash parry, it has to be timed, and has a delay when doing it. With this confirmation we know it has to be done within a 3F window of the attack. That is a proper reward, because when players actually can play the game properly, you'll see them do things like cut a string short, or cancelling 124 into 12-special to punish someone trying to FLB them. Another example of layers.
They said it's possible to option select with it though, worse case scenario you are blocking after all.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
That's a lie and you know it. Literally your own illuminati members have told me how upset you get over me doing almost anything on my twitter so I think you are deadass capping lmfao. And stop talking about me as if you know what my playstyle is because it's been about 6 years and you have still yet to learn it.
LOL. I have known your gameplay style ever since you were spamming random teleports and rolls with Mileena in Mortal Kombat 9. You are the best offensive player in the world. However, why are you not winning in Street Fighter, Tekken, or Smash? I am certain that you know the answer. You see, you may be a God to many of the sheep in this community, but to me you are just another fighting game player.

As far as Twitter is concerned, I sign on once or twice a month. You need Twitter as your safe space. I do not.

iNoScopedJFK

Silent Salty Solider
Flawless blocking would be great if it was it's own button. Similar to parrying in 3rd Strike how you had to hit forward at the right time instead of back

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So regarding breakaways being "op" or whatever. I had a thought.

Combo damage isn't the only way to damage someone in this game. Krushing Blows - to my knowledge - can't be broken out of and they do hella damage.

Given that the finalised movelists will tell us what the KBs are and how to trigger them, couldn't you use that if you're worried about flip out?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Yeah sorry about that, once I was able to see it, it was already like 2 pages of it. I was working at the time.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
They said it's possible to option select with it though, worse case scenario you are blocking after all.
He said if you time it incorrectly, you won't receive it, so people who thought they got it while "mashing" actually got it during the 3F window. For example, if I pushed it at the 5F mark, no matter what I pushed after that before the nexts hit, I would be blocking, not FLB. So you're still blocking yes, but if that's the case then in the long run you'll be better off learning the timing to FLB opponents.

My personal preference would be a parry-like delay where you can't block at all for like 15F once performing it, but that's just my preference. I think once people play longer than a 3 character stress test the meta would be nothing near a doom and gloom FLB counter fest.

Combo damage isn't the only way to damage someone in this game. Krushing Blows - to my knowledge - can't be broken out of and they do hella damage.

Given that the finalised movelists will tell us what the KBs are and how to trigger them, couldn't you use that if you're worried about flip out?
Yep, all part of the depth. If I make a read on it, and I've got a KB available, I can fully blow it up for prior combo damage + KB combo damage. Someone had a video on it floating around here.

Gotta learn the game before changing the game.

iNoScopedJFK

Silent Salty Solider

The problem people have with Breakaway is that a player that won neutral can be fully punished by a player that lost neutral because he wanted to go for a fully optimized combo and that's dumb. At best the player that lost neutral should be able to spend their resources to just reset it back to natural and not use it to get a full combo.

Rude

He said if you time it incorrectly, you won't receive it, so people who thought they got it while "mashing" actually got it during the 3F window. For example, if I pushed it at the 5F mark, no matter what I pushed after that before the nexts hit, I would be blocking, not FLB. So you're still blocking yes, but if that's the case then in the long run you'll be better off learning the timing to FLB opponents.

My personal preference would be a parry-like delay where you can't block at all for like 15F once performing it, but that's just my preference. I think once people play longer than a 3 character stress test the meta would be nothing near a doom and gloom FLB counter fest.

Yep, all part of the depth. If I make a read on it, and I've got a KB available, I can fully blow it up for prior combo damage + KB combo damage. Someone had a video on it floating around here.

Gotta learn the game before changing the game.
It seems to me that MK11 is about more than just bnb damage. That face smash KB on Special Forces Desert Command did hella damage. So do all Krushing/Fatal Blows. So an answer to The Great Breakaway Panic of 2019 might be to use the other, alternative ways to dealing damage the game gives you.

Just a thought.

Rude

The problem people have with Breakaway is that a player that won neutral can be fully punished by a player that lost neutral because he wanted to go for a fully optimized combo and that's dumb. At best the player that lost neutral should be able to spend their resources to just reset it back to natural and not use it to get a full combo.

It's not really dumb. You didn't pay attention to your opponent's meter. Once they use it, they can't use wake up attacks and shit. So bait it and then continue pressure. They gotta hold it.

iNoScopedJFK

Silent Salty Solider
It's not really dumb. You didn't pay attention to your opponent's meter. Once they use it, they can't use wake up attacks and shit. So bait it and then continue pressure. They gotta hold it.
It really is dumb though because I won neutral I shouldn't have to pay attention to my opponents meter. That combo I'm doing is my reward for outplaying you and you should have to sit there and take it unless I drop it.