What's new

Sonix Fox's Thoughts on MK11

Wetdoba

All too easy...
It really is dumb though because I want neutral I shouldn't have to pay attention to my opponents meter. That combo I'm doing is my reward for outplaying you and you should have to sit there and take it unless I drop it.
If you arent considering your opponents meter and options you arent outplaying them. I know everyone is out to prove they arent scrubs after mkx by saying "neutral is everything" but it actually is not, fighting games are about many different things and just because mk11 has real neutral doesnt mean you can ignore everything else about fighting games. If you didnt respect their options and your opponent decides to commit to spending all defensive resources to break out knowing you would do 1 specific move with a ton of recovery so they could punish you then you actually got outplayed.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Does anyone know the actual cooldown time for it? I read somewhere it was like 40
It really is dumb though because I won neutral I shouldn't have to pay attention to my opponents meter. That combo I'm doing is my reward for outplaying you and you should have to sit there and take it unless I drop it.

I disagree. You think people don't pay attention when their opponent has burst in BlazBlue during a combo? Hell no. They bait it and fuck the opponent up. It seems like there are options like Fatal Blow/Krushing Blows/etc to get around it. You just need to always be situational aware.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It really is dumb though because I won neutral I shouldn't have to pay attention to my opponents meter. That combo I'm doing is my reward for outplaying you and you should have to sit there and take it unless I drop it.
Why shouldn’t you? Why does MK11 have to fit in a box you deem right or wrong? This applies to everyone as well. MK11 is MK11. Treat it like MK11 ONLY.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Does anyone know the actual cooldown time for it? I read somewhere it was like 40

I disagree. You think people don't pay attention when their opponent has burst in BlazBlue during a combo? Hell no. They bait it and fuck the opponent up. It seems like there are options like Fatal Blow/Krushing Blows/etc to get around it. You just need to always be situational aware.
If you break away it is 18 seconds to get 1 bar back and 36 seconds for 2 bars

You winning neutral doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have to pay attention. Win the neutral game but also pay attention to what your opponent has. If you see that your opponent has then you can bait the breaker by doing a combo ending in a move that if it were to be broken you couldn’t be punished that terribly. Or flat out drop the combo that they thought you would continue. Afterwards, win neutral again and do a combo that they cannot break since you baited the meter. If your logic is that you won neutral and shouldn’t pay attention to what your opponent has even though it is extremely relevant , maybe you deserve to get punished.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Wait. I'm confused. I thought breakaway cost two bars? Still, at 36 seconds a pop I can't see it happening a LOT per round. Not unless all they were doing was break away
It does cost 2 bars. Im saying if someone baits a break away then they are free to mix and oppress on oki for 18 seconds before having to worry about wake ups or rolls and if they open them up into a full combo they wont have to worry about breaker for 36 seconds and would be free to do any max damage combo they want

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wait. I'm confused. I thought breakaway cost two bars? Still, at 36 seconds a pop I can't see it happening a LOT per round. Not unless all they were doing was break away
Yea the first bar takes 18 seconds, and then another bar another 18 seconds, 36 total. It's much slower recharging than say, a WU attack.

So unless you never use D Bar for anything other than break (no WU, no AMP D moves, no roll, no etc), then it's 36 seconds. If you actually use an in game mechanic, it's 50+ seconds of recharging before you can even attempt a break again.

iNoScopedJFK

Silent Salty Solider
If you arent considering your opponents meter and options you arent outplaying them. I know everyone is out to prove they arent scrubs after mkx by saying "neutral is everything" but it actually is not, fighting games are about many different things and just because mk11 has real neutral doesnt mean you can ignore everything else about fighting games. If you didnt respect their options and your opponent decides to commit to spending all defensive resources to break out knowing you would do 1 specific move with a ton of recovery so they could punish you then you actually got outplayed.
I agree with the core concept of what you're saying I just can't get behind the idea of being punished for winning neutral.

I don't play BlazBlue so I don't really understand the burst comparison.
Why shouldn’t you? Why does MK11 have to fit in a box you deem right or wrong? This applies to everyone as well. MK11 is MK11. Treat it like MK11 ONLY.
We are just discussing what we like and don't like about the game and what we want changed . I'm going to play it no matter because I love Mortal Kombat.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
man, 18 s
agreed.

18 seconds of recovery recharge time on defensive bar, in a game where your opponent want to destroy you offensively as fast as possible, looks like a eternity, rsrsr ....

Wetdoba

All too easy...
man, 18 s

agreed.

18 seconds of recovery recharge time on defensive bar, in a game where your opponent want to destroy you offensively as fast as possible, looks like a eternity, rsrsr ....
18 seconds is forever in a fighting game. When people broke against my baraka in the stress test i got 4-5 meaty mix up attempts in between low sweep, overhead b2, throw, command grab, and his multiple tick throws before they could attempt to wake up. They had no choice but to guess and then guess again if any hit

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
It does cost 2 bars. Im saying if someone baits a break away then they are free to mix and oppress on oki for 18 seconds before having to worry about wake ups or rolls and if they open them up into a full combo they wont have to worry about breaker for 36 seconds and would be free to do any max damage combo they want

Oh right. I understand now. Yeah. That's a lot of time in a fighting game where you don't have access to your defensive stuff. I think breakaway is fine.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
man, 18 s

agreed.

destroy you with what? what overpowered offense? everything is -.

all nrs scrubs do is mash d2 the god button on defense. on hit or block youre back in neutral to play fake footsies while you auto regen meter lul

haketh

Noob
So you're telling I play to win to not bring personal stuff into this, and you're literally bringing personal stuff into this.

If sexuality or other preferences gives you the idea that you're not 'boring', or that it makes you exciting, then you have no personality. That stuff isn't part of who you are, it's just what you like or what you don't like and shouldn't be praised by anyone for any reason. You're not helping anyone by saying you're gay, you're just getting internet likes and that is a big problem in our society today. If you want to help people, get a Doctorate degree and actually save lives.
You mad

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.

all nrs scrubs do is mash d2 the god button on defense. on hit or block youre back in neutral to play fake footsies while you auto regen meter lul
yep, could be a possibility, but we might count that some "scrubs" have not that goodlike brain cells to follow this plan, so .... :p

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Oh right. I understand now. Yeah. That's a lot of time in a fighting game where you don't have access to your defensive stuff. I think breakaway is fine.
Also no access to flawless reversals too so add in free plus frames

haketh

Noob

Yeah, I don’t get where people are seeing the “Oh my God I have to hold so much offense now” after a breakaway. Offense is so much more tame now.

I agree with the core concept of what you're saying I just can't get behind the idea of being punished for winning neutral.
Isn't that the whole point of meter? It's something else to be aware of for both players and you play accordingly. If they have meter then you watch out for amplified moves/breakers etc. If they don't you can be more offensive because you know they can't break/armour/amplify etc.

All the talk of "shouldn't be punished for winning neutral", says to me I want a one hit win button, I won neutral, now sit there and take it!

That's fine if there wasn't an option for the opponent to break out - but there is, and that needs to be taken into account when you win neutral.

After the breakout the opponent is still down on meter so you still should have a net gain at the end of the play.