What's new

Sonix Fox's Thoughts on MK11

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
This attitude is why the community is in shambles now. If it weren’t for him + his top player Illuminati peers, nrs could be even bigger! But nah let’s dump on the site that helped ALL of them get to where they are now. If you think sonic is where he is at rn because of ONLY HIMSELF and friends you’d be a fool. The entire community is responsible for helping not only him, but a TON of other old players who went on to work for NRS. This site is important to the nrs community regardless wether you think him supporting Italy’s a difference or not. When you start from the bottom(cause he did) and make it big, you don’t shit on the community who helped you get there. You give back to them and you MOST IMPORTANTLY HELP the next generation. I’m all for him being in WIN mode at a tourney, but what’s the reasoning for shitting on the community for years and starting this whole Us vs Them thing. Don’t get me wrong people, I don’t give two shits if he never visits again or any of them for that matter. He will still win evo and make 100000 top 8 placements that’s all fine. Just stfu about TYM if you aren’t going to help make it a better place or don’t like it don’t visit. Period.
you're cool man, there is logic and consensus here, but also, fury anger and hatred .... I agree with 90% you said .... others 10% I reserve my right to disagree with ... it's a free country, no ? :D

xenogorgeous

There is no anger I assure you lol. Annoyed a little yeah but that’s normal. Not sure which part you disagree with care to elaborate?
so we're ok, dude ! this part here : "You give back to them and you MOST IMPORTANTLY HELP the next generation."

I don't think nobody have obligation to do this, knowing how human nature is , lol ..... could be great fucking amazing if some e-sports star level player "Daddy Cool dude" could act this way, being less self-centered and giving props to the comunnity he started his career, but, I could care less if he never does so .... having none expection about that, and you save yourself of some predictable deception .... hehe ;)

The old saying "the door swings both ways" doesn't work out all the time on real life, rsrsrs :p

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
so we're ok, dude ! this part here : "You give back to them and you MOST IMPORTANTLY HELP the next generation."

I don't think nobody have obligation to do this, knowing how human nature is , lol ..... could be great fucking amazing if some e-sports star level player "Daddy Cool dude" could act this way, being less self-centered and giving props to the comunnity he started his career, but, I could care less if he never does so .... having none expection about that, and you save yourself of some predictable deception .... hehe ;)

The old saying "the door swings both ways" doesn't work out all the time on real life, rsrsrs :p
I get what you mean, then again if I was a top player and if someone asked me to help them I would even if it was in a competition setting, that's what community is about.

xenogorgeous

I get what you mean, then again if I was a top player and if someone asked me to help them I would even if it was in a competition setting, that's what community is about.
yeah, that's a noble act, my dear .... I agree with, but I will not condemn SonicFox to hell for not doing such thing .... We always can pick up his last EVO and major tourney footage for free and analyze "from up to down" all of it and try to learn something from it, who knows someone ending getting 1% better improvement in personal gameplay skill level only doing that ? rsrsrs :p :cool:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Lmao. This is the exact reason why I had the response I had in the “NRS community leaders” thread. I don’t know you. I’ve met met you. I think you’re a good guy. But I’m not here to bow to you and your achievements I just wanna know why you and the rest of the “top” players feel like you can shit on this site(which consumes most of your nrs community) give it a bad rep, yet most of y’all still come EVERY year using tech from threads, engaged in convos lurking etc. I’m not accusing YOU but some of your peers who supposedly HATE the site do it so yeah.. Idk the history of why you all left and it may be something along the lines of having thin skin over the internet if you could believe that.. Either way I feel like if you were just going to shit on certain ppl that responded and tell people “it’s my Twitter I do what I want” you could have posted that to twitter and left it there. What was the point of coming and then saying “see ya in 2 years!” Same goes for the players who “hate tym” but come here to promote patreons and other business endeavors. To each his own, but at least be consistent with the bullshit.
This attitude is why the community is in shambles now. If it weren’t for him + his top player Illuminati peers, nrs could be even bigger! But nah let’s dump on the site that helped ALL of them get to where they are now. If you think sonic is where he is at rn because of ONLY HIMSELF and friends you’d be a fool. The entire community is responsible for helping not only him, but a TON of other old players who went on to work for NRS. This site is important to the nrs community regardless wether you think him supporting Italy’s a difference or not. When you start from the bottom(cause he did) and make it big, you don’t shit on the community who helped you get there. You give back to them and you MOST IMPORTANTLY HELP the next generation. I’m all for him being in WIN mode at a tourney, but what’s the reasoning for shitting on the community for years and starting this whole Us vs Them thing. Don’t get me wrong people, I don’t give two shits if he never visits again or any of them for that matter. He will still win evo and make 100000 top 8 placements that’s all fine. Just stfu about TYM if you aren’t going to help make it a better place or don’t like it don’t visit. Period.
Some great posts TeeJay, couldn't agree more. Already expressed my opinion on the gameplay elements, and everyone is rightfully entitled to their own. There has been much good discussion on the topic. I'm only gonna chime in on these two quoted parts since you hit the nail on the head. Which is this-

Great info and suggestions from the thread. Just gonna address a few people and then disappear from this site for about another 2 years.
and this-

Otherwise lotsa people in this thread gave me new thoughts to think about! It's the first time a thread hasnt been fully toxic in TYM in a fuckin minute LMFAO.

S O N I C F O X O U T
Lolz. So if I'm reading the beginning and the end correctly, while you acknowledge there is good discussion in the thread (you don't engage in any of that discussion however other than reiterating your already established opinion), you appear in it only to check a few people who you feel disparaged you, and now that you have addressed them you can disappear for another 2 years because it's so toxic here? Lolzwut.

Not much can be said about this other than it is objectively false and easily disproved, while simultaneously saying see you in 2021.

Had you (or certain others) care to actually read what is being discussed in the threads, you would know that the overwhelming majority of discussions, as well as members, are not toxic at all. It's a fun punchline for quite a few top players to claim "toxicity" because at times forum members hurt their fragile feelings/egos when they are not in agreement with their opinion. As long as it's done in a conversing manner, what's the issue? That's literally the function of public forum. If someone is disrespectful or blatantly wrong of course, but before the exodus, too many players claimed it being toxic because they weren't worshiped for speaking.

So much of the claimed toxicity came from "oh top player X post a MU chart and TYM member Y disagrees? How dare he challenge it with his inferior skill level, you never faced player Z in tournament bruh, it's so toxic here. Time to leave and discuss in my chat with other top players". Fail. No, not toxic, but there's another word for it. Leaving out irrelevant threads such as "Who is your favorite character" or whatnot, here are currently active threads on TYM discussing gameplay mechanics-

-Post-Stress Test Gameplay Poll (14 Questions) - Meant to Help NRS
-50/50 on throw
-Chip Death MK11 General Thread
-Input Window Mode
-Flawless block concern, how to fix it
-solutions for sonic's "air tech" problem - no armor?
-Initial Impressions

Not a single one of those threads are "toxic" in any way. All meaningful discussion from members discussing the game, and it's mechanics, as again is the function of a public forum. Barring a few exceptions or obvious trolls, TYM is amazing for discussion and sharing information without half the top players bashing them for not placing at tournaments. After all, it must be doing something right when individuals who place in tourneys themselves have been exposed lurking/alt'ing here to scoop tech, then go out and preach how it's, and I quote, "terrible" here.

This isn't as much as a direct address to you specifically, as it is to the false narrative that TYM is a place that can't play or discuss the game. It's a false narrative continually purported by certain top players who mostly can't get over themselves.

xenogorgeous

Some great posts TeeJay, couldn't agree more. Already expressed my opinion on the gameplay elements, and everyone is rightfully entitled to their own. There has been much good discussion on the topic. I'm only gonna chime in on these two quoted parts since you hit the nail on the head. Which is this-

and this-

Lolz. So if I'm reading the beginning and the end correctly, while you acknowledge there is good discussion in the thread (you don't engage in any of that discussion however other than reiterating your already established opinion), you appear in it only to check a few people who you feel disparaged you, and now that you have addressed them you can disappear for another 2 years because it's so toxic here? Lolzwut.

Not much can be said about this other than it is objectively false and easily disproved, while simultaneously saying see you in 2021.

Had you (or certain others) care to actually read what is being discussed in the threads, you would know that the overwhelming majority of discussions, as well as members, are not toxic at all. It's a fun punchline for quite a few top players to claim "toxicity" because at times forum members hurt their fragile feelings/egos when they are not in agreement with their opinion. As long as it's done in a conversing manner, what's the issue? That's literally the function of public forum. If someone is disrespectful or blatantly wrong of course, but before the exodus, too many players claimed it being toxic because they weren't worshiped for speaking.

So much of the claimed toxicity came from "oh top player X post a MU chart and TYM member Y disagrees? How dare he challenge it with his inferior skill level, you never faced player Z in tournament bruh, it's so toxic here. Time to leave and discuss in my chat with other top players". Fail. No, not toxic, but there's another word for it. Leaving out irrelevant threads such as "Who is your favorite character" or whatnot, here are currently active threads on TYM discussing gameplay mechanics-

-Post-Stress Test Gameplay Poll (14 Questions) - Meant to Help NRS
-50/50 on throw
-Chip Death MK11 General Thread
-Input Window Mode
-Flawless block concern, how to fix it
-solutions for sonic's "air tech" problem - no armor?
-Initial Impressions

Not a single one of those threads are "toxic" in any way. All meaningful discussion from members discussing the game, and it's mechanics, as again is the function of a public forum. Barring a few exceptions or obvious trolls, TYM is amazing for discussion and sharing information without half the top players bashing them for not placing at tournaments. After all, it must be doing something right when individuals who place in tourneys themselves have been exposed lurking/alt'ing here to scoop tech, then go out and preach how it's, and I quote, "terrible" here.

This isn't as much as a direct address to you specifically, as it is to the false narrative that TYM is a place that can't play or discuss the game. It's a false narrative continually purported by certain top players who mostly can't get over themselves.
wow ... !!!!! great one !!!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
If sexuality or other preferences gives you the idea that you're not 'boring', or that it makes you exciting, then you have no personality.
Hot fuck. Yes. Thank you.

Edit: if I got on stage and said “I’m white and straight and I love pussy, everything liberals hate” I wouldn’t be a fucking crusader, I would get back “ok guy what’s that have to do with video games etc?” Liking or not liking dick has nothing to do with other people's personalities, any gay people I know in real life have their own unique and developed personalities that stem beyond something as trivial as sexuality, because they are real people just like everyone else. They don’t act special or unique because they’re just regular guys like everyone else.

@x TeeJay o @SaltShaker

Very reasonable and articulate responses as always, couldn’t agree more

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
lul you guys dont understand. Do you think Daigo doesnt hang out on shoryuken.com because he’s worried about people agreeing or disagreeing with him. Or justin wong? etc etc

Thats not the reason for sonicfox. Maybe most of the nrs “top players” . its prob just not interesting for sonic to come here. its like suggesting one of you go to gamefaqs, if that put its in perspective. Only worse for him because how people act in his presence in general.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Great info and suggestions from the thread. Just gonna address a few people and then disappear from this site for about another 2 years.

I don't goto tournaments to give people advice. I goto tournaments to win. When I play a set, I kill people for the mistakes they make on the fly, and then I am finished. I can't even remember what happened the prior round before. First you shouldn't hold a grudge on something that happened three years ago as you've greatly misinterpreted the scenario as I laugh after almost every sentence anyways. Second, you have to consider you are not the only socially anxious guy at that event as well as I have my own feelings and thoughts as well.

shut the fuck up I dont think there is literally a single top player that likes you LOL
You actually don't know what youve been talking about since Injustice 1 and like to get personal with people's lives. It is why I have always kept you at arms length since literally no one likes you as you are actually the true definition of a piece of shit. I don't know why you talk all this shit about me and then insist on inviting me to random ass games. Youre just gonna remain as irrelevant as you were with your fuck neutral characters anyway. Keep my name out of your mouth.

That's a lie and you know it. Literally your own illuminati members have told me how upset you get over me doing almost anything on my twitter so I think you are deadass capping lmfao. And stop talking about me as if you know what my playstyle is because it's been about 6 years and you have still yet to learn it.

Now since thats out the way, I definitely think Flawless blocking should be toned down as I kept launching people mid string for like 35%. I already can now punish moves and strings that are typically safe with flawless block, why should I get to delete you afterwards lmfao. I believe I should only be able to do U3 out of blockstun. I think dot damage being not killing would be ok as so far the utility of those moves are really strong anyways. Killing at the end of the round is just icing on the cake. Offense is nowhere nearly as oppressive as MKX is so I genuinely believe Breakaways should not exist. I think it is much better that way. Meter cooldowns should be way slower too since I felt like I always had meter when I was playing neutral. Just delete breakaways that shit puts me on tilt. All the other defensive mechanics I think are sick. Fatal blows should definitely be death on block. It's a comeback super that keeps respawning if you miss it. If you are gonna insist on keeping them safe, then you should have your one shot that ROUND and if it lands, it doesnt come back, and if it whiffs it shouldnt come back at all that round. That's just my two cents. Otherwise lotsa people in this thread gave me new thoughts to think about! It's the first time a thread hasnt been fully toxic in TYM in a fuckin minute LMFAO.

Edit: also i do whatever the fuck I want on my twitter because it is my personal space and nobody can stop me. by being myself I enable others to be themselves too and thats why I get appreciation from many crowds. fuck being boring LOL
S O N I C F O X O U T
The hypocrisy of this reply is legit staggering, and worrying. Gotta stay positive though: at least he didn't remind us that he's gay.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
The hypocrisy of this reply is legit staggering, and worrying. Gotta stay positing though: at least he didn't remind us he's gay.
He should have, we might have forgotten it for half a second.

If I ever meet any of you in RL, I'll introduce myself as a heterosexual tomboy woman. You'll know it's me.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
lul you guys dont understand. Do you think Daigo doesnt hang out on shoryuken.com because he’s worried about people agreeing or disagreeing with him. Or justin wong? etc etc

Thats not the reason for sonicfox. Maybe most of the nrs “top players” . its prob just not interesting for sonic to come here. its like suggesting one of you go to gamefaqs, if that put its in perspective. Only worse for him because how people act in his presence in general.
Gamefaqs is legit fun to troll, speak for yourself bruh

I don't goto tournaments to give people advice. I goto tournaments to win. When I play a set, I kill people for the mistakes they make on the fly, and then I am finished. I can't even remember what happened the prior round before. First you shouldn't hold a grudge on something that happened three years ago as you've greatly misinterpreted the scenario as I laugh after almost every sentence anyways. Second, you have to consider you are not the only socially anxious guy at that event as well as I have my own feelings and thoughts as well.
Look, I don't have a dog in this fight, and it's fine to feel this way. However, you should really work on your delivery because it's still important to be polite to people. Even half of this explanation would have been an okay and courteous way to end the convo with this guy before leaving.

To put it another way: I don't go to the store to talk to people, I go to the store to buy groceries. But if the cashier chats me up while I'm checking out, I don't respond with "I'm busy; just put the food in the bag." Because that would be rude.

Edit: if I got on stage and said “I’m white and straight and I love pussy, everything liberals hate” I wouldn’t be a fucking crusader, I would get back “ok guy what’s that have to do with video games etc?” Liking or not liking dick has nothing to do with other someone’s personalities, any gay people I know in real life have their own unique and developed personalities that stem beyond something as trivial as sexuality, because they are real people just like everyone else. They don’t act special or unique because they’re just regular guys like everyone else.

@x TeeJay o @SaltShaker

The fact that you bring up a false equivalence of being straight and professing it and then conflaiting that with someone stating they are gay is probably the reason SonicFox needs to keep saying he is gay. Being Gay has been met with great social stigma and being able to express that outloud is great. You are essentially the person that gets mad at people having black pride and then goes "Well why can't i have white pride? What is there to be proud of by being black? Why do they have to state they are black and bring race into everything?"

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The fact that you bring up a false equivalence of being straight and professing it and then conflaiting that with someone stating they are gay is probably the reason SonicFox needs to keep saying he is gay. Being Gay has been met with great social stigma and being able to express that outloud is great. You are essentially the person that gets mad at people having black pride and then goes "Well why can't i have white pride"
No, not in the slightest. People should be prideful about themselves, their culture, their families, their beliefs, etc. I would hardly say it is a false equivalency because gay and straight people are most certainly equal to each other. Not to mention, the point I was making in my other post was how incredibly stupid it would be to profess my straightness. I could give less of a fuck about how society is or about some great social stigma. I'm my own man and I'll treat gay, straight, black, white, whatever people exactly the same: as individuals with their own unique personalities. I'm not gonna put someone in a box with their race or sexuality, because race and sexuality are such meaningless details of who a person truly is and has no bearing on if I'd want to be their friend. I don't want or need "white pride" because im not Will: the straight white guy, Im my own person with my own hopes, dreams, and beliefs, and will take "pride" in that fact. He has expressed his sexual preferences on numerous occasions, its not as if he is making some social statement or actually helping or changing anything or anyone. Wanna know whats gonna actually bring about equality? Not acting like gay or bi people are abnormal or deviant or something, and just treating it like the natural thing it is. For fucks sake guy

kevkopdx

Noob

Edit: if I got on stage and said “I’m white and straight and I love pussy, everything liberals hate” I wouldn’t be a fucking crusader, I would get back “ok guy what’s that have to do with video games etc?” Liking or not liking dick has nothing to do with other someone’s personalities, any gay people I know in real life have their own unique and developed personalities that stem beyond something as trivial as sexuality, because they are real people just like everyone else. They don’t act special or unique because they’re just regular guys like everyone else.

@x TeeJay o @SaltShaker

I dont think some of you really grasp the importance of visibility when it comes to the lgbtqia community. Sexuality isnt trivial when you can be physically harmed or even killed for it. Like it or not, Sonic Fox is a very public figure within the FGC and the fact that he would use his stage time to say something about it, does in fact help destigmatize underrepresented minority groups.
You dont have to like his personality, but I hope you can understand the importance of some young kid out there who doesnt feel good about him/herself but relates to sonic in some way and can find some comfort in it.
Straight, white people have lots of choices in representation in media and politics. Underrepresented groups do not.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I dont think some of you really grasp the importance of visibility when it comes to the lgbtqia community. Sexuality isnt trivial when you can be physically harmed or even killed for it. Like it or not, Sonic Fox is a very public figure within the FGC and the fact that he would use his stage time to say something about it, does in fact help destigmatize underrepresented minority groups.
You dont have to like his personality, but I hope you can understand the importance of some young kid out there who doesnt feel good about him/herself but relates to sonic in some way and can find some comfort in it.
Straight, white people have lots of choices in representation in media and politics. Underrepresented groups do not.
Honestly dude, thank you for a legit response without telling me that I'm just out here begging for an excuse for straight white pride or something insane like that. I'm all for equal representation, and I hope someone does get something out of it.

My main point which I suppose I failed to properly articulate is that I prefer viewing people based on their ideas, goals, and aspirations. As individuals, rather than just lumping them into a group.

No, not in the slightest. People should be prideful about themselves, their culture, their families, their beliefs, etc. I would hardly say it is a false equivalency because gay and straight people are most certainly equal to each other. I could give less of a fuck about how society is or about some great social stigma. I'm my own man and I'll treat gay, straight, black, white, whatever people exactly the same: as individuals with their own unique personalities. I'm not gonna put someone in a box with their race or sexuality, because race and sexuality are such meaningless details of who a person truly is and has no bearing on if I'd want to be their friend. I don't want or need "white pride" because im not Will: the straight white guy, Im my own person with my own hopes, dreams, and beliefs, and will take "pride" in that fact. He has expressed his sexual preferences on numerous occasions, its not as if he is making some social statement or actually helping or changing anything or anyone. Wanna know whats gonna actually bring about equality? Not acting like gay or bi people are abnormal or deviant or something, and just treating it like the natural thing it is. For fucks sake guy
The fact that you cant understand the need for oppressed people to have some sort of meaningful togetherness in who they are shows you are beyond help. You may not need that but you don't have to criticize someone who does. We don't live in this fairytale world of yours where people are perceived as equals so sometimes the people that are treated lesser need to emphasis who they are. If you can't understand a simple concept such as black pride has helped immensely in people in communities loving themselves amd coming together then what can you understand? This what Humaniszes the opressed groups to people unlike yourself who "don't see color or sexuality " apparently

kevkopdx

Noob
Honestly dude, thank you for a legit response without telling me that I'm just out here begging for an excuse for straight white pride or something insane like that. I'm all for equal representation, and I hope someone does get something out of it.

My main point which I suppose I failed to properly articulate is that I prefer viewing people based on their ideas, goals, and aspirations. As individuals, rather than just lumping them into a group.
Sure! I think its natural to speak from your own experience. Statements for the purpose of visibility are intended to reach far beyond those who currently dont see a problem with it.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The fact that you cant understand the need for oppressed people to have some sort of meaningful togetherness in who they are shows you are beyond help. You may not need that but you don't have to criticize someone who does. We don't live in this fairytale world of yours where people are perceived as equals so sometimes the people that are treated lesser need to emphasis who they are. If you can't understand a simple concept such as black pride has helped immensely in people in communities loving themselves amd coming together then what can you understand? This what Humaniszes the opressed groups to people unlike yourself who "don't see color or sexuality " apparently
To be clear, I have no issue with how people find their peace in life, I don’t care. Look at my first post in the context of what I was quoting, it was that very specific thing. I’m not saying “shut the fuck up gay people”, I don’t see why you have the “don’t see color or sexuality” in quotation marks like that’s some sort of funny meme. That is genuinely how I feel, I’m not going to put someone in a box over something they were born with, I will only every judge someone on the parts of themselves they can control (which is why I don’t care how much melanin is in someone’s skin, or who they love). I’m not oppressing or dehumanizing anyone, my honest belief is that people are individuals above all else and it’s perfectly fine if you disagree. I’m done here, have a good one man