What's new

SonicFox Wins MKX at Kumite 2016

kantboy-2

Ripper
People hate Tanyas and Sonyas and Takedas and stuff...

I hate the 10 "coaches" on each side on top 4 whispering on ears like they know what they're doing just to have their faces on stream.

One "coach" per match; rest of you go use hand sanitizer or slap on some deodorant or just plain harass a female in the crowd and get the hell out of the way.

The nerve of some people...

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
A few people not giving the winner credit or respect is called life, get used to it. Haters gonna hate. If you have the W then that's all that matters. SonicFox is a legend, but there will always be doubters, always.

Yes, overall the tanya pick was super anticlimactic, but he is still the goat of mk x. I still feel like scar is gonna have that run back though

I'm glad Tanya won a major before her next set of Nerfs in the upcoming patches.

Cause you know they aren't gonna be nice to her in the next patch. :c
They should be nice to her. There is no reason to nerf her into the ground. Just be appropriate. With the proper nerfs, she should be top tier, but requires more skill and tactical thinking. It will be alright. :)

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
Dear Discreditors,

I have a race at the local track this weekend. Everyone is showing up in theit tuned Lancers, 370zs, Subaru Imprezas, and Toyota supras. Now I could take my Porche but I'm going to take my 2002 voltswaggen beetle instead. Don't want someone to say I used superior technology even though 10000 dollars is on the line.

That's how stupid it sounds when you complain about Tanya. I don't like dealing with her simplistic, cookie cutter, flow chart manner of play either, but are we going to act like Cassie isn't a top character? How can you say "if you want to win play top tier" as if Tanya is on a whole separate planet than Cassie? Did you not see the FerraTorr, the multiple Takedas, and a demolition Sonya? Are they ALL top 5 now?

E

Eldriken

I guess it's still impossible for someone to reset Grand Finals against Fox and win.

Scar played out of his mind. He really did. I was happy to see him baiting out the EX Nut Punch wakeup instead of getting wrecked by it like so many others.

I wasn't really surprised to see Fox make the switch to Tanya. Why wouldn't he? He was there to win. Sure, she's the polar opposite of hype, but he was determined to win and that's exactly what he did.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
One thing that seems to separate sonic fox from the rest is that he literally seems to see every round happen in slow motion. When he makes a read, it is as if he stopped time for a few minutes and contemplated what the best response would be before restarting time and bodying the opponent. Things happen too quickly for the vast majority of us to make those type of reads.

All that said, Scar definitely proved that he is not far behind and 100% an elite contender. Will not be long before he wins a major.

E

Eldriken

One thing that seems to separate sonic fox from the rest is that he literally seems to see every round happen in slow motion. When he makes a read, it is as if he stopped time for a few minutes and contemplated what the best response would be before restarting time and bodying the opponent. Things happen too quickly for the vast majority of us to make those type of reads.

All that said, Scar definitely proved that he is not far behind and 100% an elite contender. Will not be long before he wins a major.
Ever seen the movie Wanted? Fox can do what those fuckers can do. :p

Could you imagine being able to do that and sustain it for minutes at a time? OMG. You would be unbeatable. lol

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Ever seen the movie Wanted? Fox can do what those fuckers can do. :p

Could you imagine being able to do that and sustain it for minutes at a time? OMG. You would be unbeatable. lol
In the middle of a tournament match, I would pause time, go into the character forums and research where each gap is that I could armor or backdash out of. A few "hours" of stopped time later, I would restart time, backdash/armor and win. Fuck I could even block all of quan's pseudo unblockable shit by stopping time after each frame and collecting myself.

Although now that I think about it, If I had the power to stop time there is much better stuff I could do then cheat my way through MK tournaments!

E

Eldriken

In the middle of a tournament match, I would pause time, go into the character forums and research where each gap is that I could armor or backdash out of. A few "hours" of stopped time later, I would restart time, backdash/armor and win. Fuck I could even block all of quan's pseudo unblockable shit by stopping time after each frame and collecting myself.

Although now that I think about it, If I had the power to stop time there is much better stuff I could do then cheat my way through MK tournaments!
I think I'd like to slow down my perception of time like in Wanted to make it seem like my reactions are absolutely godlike. :p It would almost be like I was reading my opponent's mind at every turn.

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
congrats to sonicfox awesome job. also enjoyed the blood god mirror between FK and madzin. wild match with great commentary from foxygrampa and djt.

this tournament was great to watch. i only have one suggestion:

can we please make it a thing to stream top 32 losers instead of winners? the win or go home nature makes it 100x more hype than winners side.

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
Sonic Fox is great. He is a winner. Does his homework and wins. He knows his games better than most if not all. But LBSH the characters he wins with are beyond stupid. This is not putting blame on him, he is a genius with his character choices. Just lets not downplay. Well deserved win. Great play through out the top 8 and rest of the tournament.
this is dumb. what in the world is stup[id about katana or erron black or any cassie for that matter in comparison to any other top 10 charater

There was apparently some twitter beef over the fact that someone ripped matches and was uploading them to youtube. One of the responses what that if Pandax didn't want their content ripped and uploaded that they should upload it themselves.

Pandax replied they were in the middle of editing and uploading it as they typed the reply. So they should be available soon enough