What's new

SonicFox Wins MKX at Kumite 2016

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
This tournament was so good. The top 8 was amazing. Watching scar play was hype. I hope we get 3/5 from now on.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I would put money on it the next time they meet up, scar takes it. I completely agree with @Immortal . Fox won the match, but scar was the better player. Fox wouldnt have won had he not have picked one of if not the most broken character in the game.
As hype as that would be, @SonicFox5000 will take that shit to the lab and 100% know how to deal with the demo grenades next time they meet. Fox looked shaken up for the end of the first set, but holy shit he was straight back into ultra focussed fox straight after game 1 of set 2. Absolute machine this kid is!

HammerZeit88

Just some guy searching for a main
Stopped keeping up with tournaments and ESL cause of Fox making it boring. Checked in on KIT...gonna stop keeping up for another few months. Shit is too boring when you know who wins months in advance.

Not to take anything away from sonic fox. That set was a character win IMO.
Before yall try to rip my head off, sonic is a great player by himself.

However, that last set proved something... If you want to win you have to play a top tier character.
It's understandable to switch characters in a mu so you can even the playing grounds.

But why is it that we see these top players only use the top 3/6characters?
He went from Cassie to Tanya. Cassie has no bad matchups and Tanya with berserk offense. (Im also really tired so I may sound stupid saying this lol)

Now I'm idk the mu between Sonya against Cassie and Tanya(I don't main these characters). But as I was told earlier, Cassie doesn't have no losing mus really. So Scar beAT SF in a 5-5 mu. Yes, the factor of SF not knowing the frame data and etc. on the grenades is huge but it's also his fault for not researching it.

But then we move on to tanya, which could've been 5-5 idk. But he picked a busted character to win. That's all I want to say, he picked a busted character to win.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

However, that last set proved something... If you want to win you have to play a top tier character.
It's understandable to switch characters in a mu so you can even the playing grounds.

He went from Cassie to Tanya. Cassie has no bad matchups and Tanya with berserk offense. (Im also really tired so I may sound stupid saying this lol)

Now I'm idk the mu between Sonya against Cassie and Tanya(I don't main these characters). But as I was told earlier, Cassie doesn't have no losing mus really. So Scar beAT SF in a 5-5 mu. Yes, the factor of SF not knowing the frame data and etc. on the grenades is huge but it's also his fault for not researching it.

But then we move on to tanya, which could've been 5-5 idk. But he picked a busted character to win. That's all I want to say, he picked a busted character to win.
lol yeah right, because Sonic Fox doesn't win majors.
Get real.

I'll tell you discrediting jerks what happened there.
Sonic Fox lost to a tech he wasn't aware of. Doesn't matter whose fault, yeah he should be keeping up-to-date on what's going on in his games w/e.
So he picked a character that has superior offense and guess what.

Tanya has been around and known for ages, but all y'all bitches is doing 's complaining about it, when it's been clear as sky knowledge since last november that Tanya can be backdashed to death. EX-Toss can be ducked and blown up. Why do you think most people dropped her?
So who came to a tournament unprepared exactly?
Both, that's who.
The better man won.

If Tanya were invincible it would be Tanya mirrors all day errday. 'Cept she isn't.

Yeah she's got some retarded shit and I hate that Kobu being good has made Pyro utter shit (yknow, my actual main) but discrediting somebody on character win when clearly he's the best mkx player currently,.. just shut up, all of you.
You sicken me.

Last edited:

CabooseLeGoose

Le Scoop

Sonic just calmed down and adjusted to the MU, you can see that clearly in the second set. Scar lost his momentum and Sonic capitalized. Tanya isn't winning anyone majors, these are just some great players who have put the time in and do what they've been training to do.

Props to Scar though! He was on point all day.

last two post... exactly

he chose Tanya specificity for the teleporting to escape form the grenades, you see him use her for that counter repeatedly. That was the reason behind the switch.

Also, how broken is Sonya... lol. If Fox was doing 55% 1 meter mid screen combos all day you all would be saying the exact same thing... Your just butt hurt that he is the best and most likely you suck.

Tweedy

Noob
You can't dismiss Sonic not knowing the match up, if you're going to act like him switching gave him any advantage. Scar can switch to, Tanya isn't a character that he's not allowed to use. He uses Kung Lao, who at least 6-4s Tanya.

There's the argument that Scar isn't good enough with those characters, or at least confident enough with them to play at a high level. Is there any difference between that and the MU knowledge excuse for Sonic?

They both played Mortal Kombat X. Sonic won, they both had access to everything.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
last two post... exactly

he chose Tanya specificity for the teleporting to escape form the grenades, you see him use her for that counter repeatedly. That was the reason behind the switch.

Also, how broken is Sonya... lol. If Fox was doing 55% 1 meter mid screen combos all day you all would be saying the exact same thing... Your just butt hurt that he is the best and most likely you suck.
Its 55% with one meter and all 3 grenades. I dont hear people saying kotal is broke when he does easy 60% + midscreen just for putting a damage totem out. Besides, Scar was constantly dropping guarunteed damage for nade set ups since sonya cant combo without them at all, aint even broke

Last edited:
Scar Hayatei and Raptor stole the show. SOMEONE needs to sponsor these guys and fly em out to every major. It's a fucking crime, that Raptor's been MIA since his coming out party at combo breaker. Mad props to SonicFox for once again showing that taking rounds/games off him is practically a mistake. All it does is make him better. Dude, somehow, is only getting better.

p.s. Please stop complaining about the Tanya character switch. This wasn't a fucking bitch-made let me pick Aquaman vs Catwoman HARD COUNTER. He switched from one good character to another. I really don't see what the problem is there.

Last edited: