What's new

Discussion ... so who are the Top 5 after all the patching?

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I would not rule Lasher out

He gets the HTB too

With stupid full screen jump ins and stupid safe specials that can be confirmed to launch
Anytime you see a Lasher jump in on you with one of those air normals if you have meter you can blow up the gap between the jump in and the follow up attack. People are finally starting to bop me for it.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I would not rule Lasher out

He gets the HTB too

With stupid full screen jump ins and stupid safe specials that can be confirmed to launch
Have you seen anyone getting damage off the HTB though?? I've only managed to get like 25% so I usually end up saving my meter for wake ups and damage off whip flurry and whip trip. HTB in Lasher feels like kind of a waste unless the opponent is close to death.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
kotal is so far under the radar we've created stealth technology on tym.

i have a top 5 no order with perfect execution:

A list
Swarm Queen
Demolition
spec ops
piercing

here is my tournament friendly list

shaolin
wargod
acidic
imposter
shirai ryu

all of the above i think are top 10 the bottom 5 are easier to play but no less deadly.

honorable mentions; thunder god, full auto, heavy weapons, tempest, stunt double, nimble, spectral, cutthroat, sorcerer, ninjitsu.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
NPO:

Piercing Mileena
A-List Cage
Demo Sonya
Swarm Queen Dvorah
Heavy Weapons Jax

I think one of Leatherface's or Alien's variations could be top 5 when everything is fleshed out but its too hard to tell atm

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Yeah I wouldn't want to cancel it into a punishable move like that.
If its a situation where you wont be punished but instead lets you punish your opponent then you should he comfortable with it. Its the fastest move in the game and an overhead on top of that, it needs to be punishable, but just because something is punishabpe doesnt mean its strengths and versatility should be ignored

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
bottom 5 cage vanilla? not with dat +13 knee :p.
he had massive hitbox issues.. also 11 / 12 wasn't a mid on 2nd hit or + on block
almost all his normals were highs
there was a huge gap in 113 where you can actually punish between the 3 for full combo and it was way more minus so the cancel was prolly minus i can't remember.

F3 Sk was good but you aren't gonna win with 3 of them on block w/ a potential throw. He's a diff beast now

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
If this game had no DLC she would be. Her faster armor doesn't really matter cause it still loses to the same tactics, also more minus on block :(. Top 10 for sure, just not convinced about top 5
What do you mean by "loses to the same tactics."
The problematic tactic before XL was that we could literally stuff a Dvorah player's armor with any string that got two hits out in under 20 frames.
Jax 1 2, Liu kang B1, Kung Jin 2 2 1, etc.
That's why it was buffed for some dumb reason.
It better lose to being baited out, the same way most things should.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What do you mean by "loses to the same tactics."
The problematic tactic before XL was that we could literally stuff a Dvorah player's armor with any string that got two hits out in under 20 frames.
Jax 1 2, Liu kang B1, Kung Jin 2 2 1, etc.
That's why it was buffed for some dumb reason.
It better lose to being baited out, the same way most things should.
Of course it loses to getting baited out, its just as unsafe but faster.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I always wanted to start a tierlist-discussion and right now I see my opportunity :)

Actually some time has passed since the last list, so I'd say (pretty much in this order):

Top 5:
Mileena,
Shinnok,
Johnny Cage,
Scorpion,
Takeda

Contenders:
Sonya, Alien (added by edit), Kotal Kahn, Ferra/Torr, Kano, Liu Kang, Dvorah.
Mileena (every other high level player has picked up this char, for a reason)

Takeda

Johnny

Alien

D'Vorah

Sonya gets my honorable mention.
Not in any order.

Mileena(Piercing)
Johnny(A List)
Alien(any, besides Konjurer, but maybe Konjurer? Not educated on the variation lol.)
Takeda(Any besides Lasher.)
Sonya(Demolition)

Edit: It pains me to not put Cutthroat Kano in the top 5. However, I feel like these 5 are stronger than him, by a little.
- Mileena (Piercing)

- Johnny Cage (A-list, perhaps Stunt Double too considering Tom's tech)

- D'vorah (Swarm Queen)

- Takeda (Shirai Ryu)

- Sonya (Demolition)

Honestly, there are a TON of variations in this game that are very good and earn a place in at least top 10 if not top 5.
Top 5, non ordered:
Piercing Mileena
Reptile, specially Nimble.
Non fisticuffs Johnny Cage
Demo Sonya
Takeda, specially shirai ryu

Others are close to top 5 too. I still don't even think about dlc because probably more nerfs are coming, but alien says hi.

Few people speak about Reptile though, and it surprises me...

first of all very nice Tier lists.

here is mine(note there are so many worthy of it, its hard to place any in their)

Mileena
Johnny
Reptile
Kotal
Sonya

honorable mentions:
Liu Kang, Tekada, D'Vorah, Alien, Shinnok, Bo Rai Cho (this character is still unknown, but has everything but zoning with almost identical frame data as alien)