What's new

Discussion ... so who are the Top 5 after all the patching?

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
So what Jax isnt top 5 to anyone? Not even with the Wrestler buffs?
are you being sarcastic, or did I miss the Jax nerfs, I thought all Wrestler got was a shitload less damage and a much easier punish on B2 in return for a safer D1 or some shit?

It is definitive because F0xy, who was able to get KL's 2f links consistently was struggling to hitconfirm b12 at Hypespotting. Its not impossible to hitconfirm but not easy.

Please do not say something is easy to hitconfirm unless you have played the character and actually tried to hitconfirm that thing lol.
Kung Lao's 3 frame links* really not that hard either

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Just wanted to say that I'm utterly surprised that basically EVERYONE in this thread has been saying that Johnny Cage is a Top 5 character! Not that I think you guys are wrong, far from it, but good Lord in heaven, this is soooooooooooo fun to read. lmao

Remember when the whole community thought that Cage was terrible? When people thought he was bottom 5? Had non-existent mixups? The worst NJP in the game? Wait, DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER THE WHOLE "JOHNNY CAGE IS A FORD FOCUS" FIASCO? Omg I'm dying right now lol

Seriously, A-List was barely touched throughout the game's lifespan, he always, ALWAYS had insane pressure (even when he had that "omg mah high attackz ain't hitting 'em crouch blocking mofos" thing which every downplayer was using as excuse for their losses, when in fact they simply sucked), always had plus frames for a lifetime, always had fantastic footsie tools and Dizzy Knee has always been one of the best normals in the whole game.

But you guys are only realizing this now :rolleyes:

Man, I'm super tempted to drop a few quotes in here lol This is gold.

LOL
Yeah idk what I was thinking.

It's actually.
1. A-list
2. Piercing
3. Alien
4. D'vorah
5. Takeda.
Its funny when ppl put kano cutthorat at top 5 it makes me lol so hard, I could name at least 15 variations that are better... those casuals ohh those casuals...

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
LOL

Its funny when ppl put kano cutthorat at top 5 it makes me lol so hard, I could name at least 15 variations that are better... those casuals ohh those casuals...
I wouldn't put him in top 5 but he's a top 10 contender tbh. Great footsies, good projectile, safe 50/50's, great pokes, great corner carry, armor that leads to full combo, armor that is safe and 7f startup, etc.

I wouldn't put him in top 5 but he's a top 10 contender tbh. Great footsies, good projectile, safe 50/50's, great pokes, great corner carry, armor that leads to full combo, armor that is safe and 7f startup, etc.
he has too many loosing matchups thats the problem, every character with long normals like Takeda, Cage, Mileena, Alien, Kung Jin, just to mention a few give him trouble.

He's solid but he is more of a "Ryu" type char, well rounded overall but doesn't excel at anything.
CORRECT, this is what Iv been saying, people somehow like to overreact or overhype, and then get dissapointed, on paper he has good tools, but lack of a good neutral game and good normals, hes fast normals are high, and have short range.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
he has too many loosing matchups thats the problem, every character with long normals like Takeda, Cage, Mileena, Alien, Kung Jin, just to mention a few give him trouble.
I don't find that those give him much trouble except Mileena and Cage. I prefer cyber for Alien though. Takedas range can be a problem but it doesn't break the MU.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
this topic seems to have a new thread really like every hour .
honestly theres like 10 chracters in the top 5 .

Also Shaolin KJ is just as good as takeda ... watch - hes gonna have the mileena factor

this is not in order but all top 5

Shinnok
mileena
cage
takeda
Shaolin Kung Jin
Kano
Sonya
Kotal/scorpion/jax - depends on the day :/
d'vorah
alien

this is your "top 5"

dont even know if we can include Lao and Kang cause it seems like ppl abandoned that ship hella fast . personally id even put then on the level of d'vorah still but hey.. i play takeda so my input is prob invalid anyway . lol

Last edited:

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
this topic seems to have a new thread really like every hour .
honestly theres like 10 chracters in the top 5 .

Also Shaolin KJ is just as good as takeda ... watch - hes gonna have the mileena factor

this is not in order but all top 5

Shinnok
mileena
cage
takeda
Shaolin Kung Jin
Kano/kang- Depends on the day
Sonya
Kotal/scorpion/jax - also depends on the day :/
d'vorah
alien

this is your "top 5"
By mileena factor do you mean the nerfing of top tiers brings him to the top 5? And your list is pretty spot on I would take scorp and shincock out but that's just personal opinion. I could see the cases made for them though.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Gunslinger is amazing. Look at base erron black. Half screen over head low, low starter, armor breaking 11, 11212 is still amazing, his command grab is incredible, good damage even with base erron black, overhead and low slide. Ex sand grenade is +6. Cal trops, good pressure. Now in gunslinger his keep away is amazing and the low shots to INCREDIBLE chip damage, whiff recovery on the anti air guns is amazing, and those mid shots? Yeah good luck jumping over those. And on top of that they have push back AND he dashed backwards. I've honestly thought since the beginning of the game and through all the patches (not because of sonic) hes been great. And I still wanna see marksman at a high level

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
By mileena factor do you mean the nerfing of top tiers brings him to the top 5? And your list is pretty spot on I would take scorp and shincock out but that's just personal opinion. I could see the cases made for them though.
did you do that shincock on purpose? lol

but what i meant was more of the fact that shaolin doesnt really get a lot of representation. i mean besides slayer and maybe like 2 others we really dont see him in the lime light a lot. like with mileena.. we see one or two ppls meta of playing her and then we get used to well thats how she plays then Foxy and maybe like 2 others come along ( and saltface coming back) and switch up the meta to where now shes a bigger threat.. i mean some of this stuff shes had even before the nerfs and buffs going around but it just stayed dormant.

the more i look at KJ the more i think i actually might pick up shaolin cause he pretty much has everything takeda has and what one does lack, the other has and prob excels at.. like this character is REALLY good and has mix ups just like takeda.. i think between the both of them the worse match up would be 5-5 now. i just think Shaolin flys right under the radar cause of bojitsu living then fizzling out.

and as for scorpion and Shinnok- scorpion is a give or take.. thing about scorpion is you dont have to use ALL his tools- but - when you do he has crazy potential. i just think he has this stigma about him that only scrubs use scorpion or its vortex or die and thats DEF not the case. Blake has shown what scorpion ninjitsu can do just in neutral. ( blake is footsie god though - but still :) ) But i say give or take cause todays monday- Tuesday, Jax could or Kotal could easily take his spot ..

i just think a "Top 5" in a game like this is kinda seesaw.. cause theres just so many factors to input. -

one thing ive learned and that has made a lot of my views change on match ups/ tiers is that i had to learn when it was time for me to just to retreat. Honestly, this has changed match ups i thought were terrible and not in my favor to like 7-3 takedas favor.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Why is everyone sleeping on Kotal in their lists? IMO he's been running rampant at tourney's lately taking lots of W's.