What's new

Discussion ... so who are the Top 5 after all the patching?

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
As much as i love kitana, she still has a lot of flaws and one of her biggest issues is actually her having to approach on offense. Kitana cannot open you up unless you allow her too.
Agreed. Plus, it's debatable if Assassin is even her best variation.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Agreed. Plus, it's debatable if Assassin is even her best variation.
I really don't know which is better, royal storm or assassin tbh. Mournful is just slightly worse but it's ever so slightly and there are still reasons to play mournful over these two. They all do extremely different things and are all good for extremely different matchups. ___shrug

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
first of all very nice Tier lists.

here is mine(note there are so many worthy of it, its hard to place any in their)

Mileena
Johnny
Reptile
Kotal
Sonya

honorable mentions:
Liu Kang, Tekada, D'Vorah, Alien, Shinnok, Bo Rai Cho (this character is still unknown, but has everything but zoning with almost identical frame data as alien)
BRC in any variation is not anywhere near top 10. Nothing he does allows him to control any aspect of the game.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Someone please link some A-list gameplay in majors where he wins?
I'm sure being nr. 1 in so many top5 have really good backups in actual facts and wins with the character.
Which excludes backdoor tent mkx gameplay with random grocery store people that have no clue how to play the matchups against A-list.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I'm sure being nr. 1 in so many top5 have really good backups in actual facts and wins with the character.
Which excludes backdoor tent mkx gameplay with random grocery store people that have no clue how to play the matchups against A-list.
Just because a character hasn't won a major, doesn't mean they're bad.

Sometimes a character needs the right player, maybe they've not been paired yet. You never know.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
If you are an A-List main, I recommend you to watch top 8 of european esl this wednesday.
One of the top 8 players is a solid A-Lister.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Just because a character hasn't won a major, doesn't mean they're bad.

Sometimes a character needs the right player, maybe they've not been paired yet. You never know.
so true, and its worth remembering the sample size is tiny, at the end of the day. this isnt an esport with millions of players, for any given character can anyone name any more than 10-20 people maining them at tournaments? and thats being generous.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
You know a game is pretty damn balanced when there's not a whole lot of consensus... Anyway, here's mine, can't decide on the order but they're definitely the strong of the strong imo.

Shinnok
Sonya
Mileena
Alien
Kung lao (yes, he's still crazy good)

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Almost laughed my ass off at the part where he said "almost identical frame data to Alien". Yeah but does BRC have UNIVERSAL half screen normals and a jump kick that reaches all the way from Iceland to Alpha Centauri?
Yea but those normals startup of like 1000 frames.

he had massive hitbox issues.. also 11 / 12 wasn't a mid on 2nd hit or + on block
almost all his normals were highs
there was a huge gap in 113 where you can actually punish between the 3 for full combo and it was way more minus so the cancel was prolly minus i can't remember.

F3 Sk was good but you aren't gonna win with 3 of them on block w/ a potential throw. He's a diff beast now
i say he wasn't bottom 5 imo tho. Because his d4 was still OD since it was 0 on block and goes under multiple mids and other attacks. Plus +13 is absurdly messed up since u have to guess in between each knee what he is going to do. Also his zoning has always been solid, so i dnt think he was bottom 5. Not saying he was OD or too good, but i dnt think he was bottom 5.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
i say he wasn't bottom 5 imo tho. Because his d4 was still OD since it was 0 on block and goes under multiple mids and other attacks. Plus +13 is absurdly messed up since u have to guess in between each knee what he is going to do. Also his zoning has always been solid, so i dnt think he was bottom 5. Not saying he was OD or too good, but i dnt think he was bottom 5.
Lord Malik! when are we gonna see you in tournament next?