What's new

Guide Smoke Combos!

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
Anyone here who has the ability to record combos and has made some combo vids or clips that would like to help out with a big project, please PM me.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is in the thread yet or not. Too lazy to read through the whole thing to check, I propose that OP updates his OP with all the combos in here so we actually have a usable combo guide :p

(Midscreen) jip, 3 d1 2, optional dash (timing purposes only, no effect on combo), bomb, 3 d1 2, dash, 3 d1 2, jk xx air throw. 42%. Second 3d12 can be swapped with 32 for 1 less damage and marginally easier execution if you're so inclined.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Not sure if this is in the thread yet or not. Too lazy to read through the whole thing to check, I propose that OP updates his OP with all the combos in here so we actually have a usable combo guide :p

(Midscreen) jip, 3 d1 2, optional dash (timing purposes only, no effect on combo), bomb, 3 d1 2, dash, 3 d1 2, jk xx air throw. 42%. Second 3d12 can be swapped with 32 for 1 less damage and marginally easier execution if you're so inclined.
Tried it, for me the gravity is so great that you cant catch them in the jk air throw.

xHavok

Noob
You must map your buttons funny because for the default layout its 3 d+1 2 dash 3 2 dash smoke bomb Anyway after the smoke bomb dash in and do 3 d+1 2 F+4. It gets a bit better damage.
Okay guess, sorry to sound like a scrub, but how can you pull off the d+1 2? I'm assuming d is down but right after i hit square to triangle, it only registers the first hit. No combo. I don't have a problem with that combo until then, and then it stops. Also, one more question: What is BnB? I know more of the terms, but not that, or a JK move? I'm also assuming thats a jump kick? Thanks for any helps guys.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Okay guess, sorry to sound like a scrub, but how can you pull off the d+1 2? I'm assuming d is down but right after i hit square to triangle, it only registers the first hit. No combo. I don't have a problem with that combo until then, and then it stops. Also, one more question: What is BnB? I know more of the terms, but not that, or a JK move? I'm also assuming thats a jump kick? Thanks for any helps guys.
I'm not sure I understand what your issue is. Perhaps it's that you're not inputting the whole string? d+1 won't chain into 2 unless you do the whole string beginning with 3. So to execute the combo you would press X, down+Square, Triangle. Also, the combos are "dialed", meaning that you can press all of the buttons in sequence rapidly and you don't have to wait for the animation of each move to finish. Hope that helps.

Also, for reference: 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=X, 4=Circle

And welcome to TYM.

Found my new favorite x-ray combo yesterday. b+2, smoke cloud, njp, x-ray. I forget the exact damage but it is 1% more than b+2,3, smoke cloud, x-ray and alot easier (at least for me) to pull off. I tend to run across alot of people who like crouch blocking so starting combos with b+2 has been a big thing for me.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Okay guess, sorry to sound like a scrub, but how can you pull off the d+1 2?
Step 1: Press 3 (x)
Step 2: Press down and 1 (square) at the same time.
Step 3: Press 2 (triangle).
Step 4: Press forward and 4 (circle) at the same time.

Hope this helps.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
Danger of Suffokation

Here are the best Kombos i use at the moment:

All can be done with JIP for +3%

Mid Screen:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b23, db2*, 32, 3d+12, jk, db4. 36%
b23, db2*, 32, 3d+12, jk, air throw. 36%
b23, db2*, 32, 3d+12, f4. 35%

*enhancing db2 for 1 bar adds 3% damage, when enhancing db2, b14 can also be used as a starter in stead of b23.

b23, db2, b1, :x. 41% (3 bars)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3d+12, njp, 32, db2, 32, f4. 39%
3d+12, njp, 32, db2, 32, jk, air throw. 39%

3d+12, njp, 32, 4, db2, f4, db4. 39% (db4 second hit whiffs)
3d+12, njp, 32, 4, db2, 3d+12, 2,db2. 40%
3d+12, njp, 32, 4, db2, :x. 46% (3 bars)

3d+12, njp, f4, db2+block, 3d+12, f4. 43% (1 bar)
3d+12, njp, f4, db2+block, 3d+12, jk, air throw. 44% (1 bar)

Korner Kombos:
b23, db4, d1, db2, 32, 214. 31%
b23**, db2+block, 32, 3d+12, 214. 38% (1 bar)
b23**, db2+block, 32, 32, f4, db4. 39% (1 bar, second hit of db4 will whiff)
b23**, db2+block, 32, 32, f4, db2+block. 41% (2 bars)

**b14 can also be used as starter in stead of b23 because of the enhanced db2
b14, d4, db2, 32, 32, 214. 34%
3d+12, njp, f4, db2, 32, 214. 40% (enhancing db2 for 1 bar adds 2% damage)
3d+12, njp, 32, f4, db2+block, f4, db2+block. 45% (2 bars)

Thanks to you guys who either provided the best kombos for some starters,
Or helped me developing my own with your posts :headbang::headbang::headbang:

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Here's a Smoke combo I wanted to share. Will have more here tomorrow.

Bear in mind: this was done before Smoke's OTG Smoke Bomb glitch was patched over, but if you use his MK2 costume you can still use the glitch seen in the video. One drawback is that the MK2 Smoke's damage scaling differs from the original Smoke's. So this video is from an earlier version of the game.

Enjoy!

Smoke's 54% Wall Combo with X-ray included:

All i've been using for my BnB as of late is: JIP, 3,d1,2-NJP-4-SB-3,d1,2-JKAT 42%, 47% with xray, anybody got any 50%+ xray kombos?

^ I don't think so, seems like we've been stuck at 48% for maximun for a while now.

Here's some of my favorite combos. They don't do as much as others but they are quick and real easy to pull off.

jip, 3,d+1, smoke cloud, njp, dash, 3,d+1,2, jump kick, throw/teleport puch. 37%
jip, 3,d+1, smoke cloud, njp, dash, 3,d+1,3, dash, f+4, teleport punch. If you do it right the first punch of the teleport will connect and the second will whiff for 38% and good positioning. If the teleport missed completely it is only 36% but still has the good postitioning.
jip, 3,d+1, smoke cloud, njp, x-ray. 45%

jip, b+2, smoke cloud, njp, dash, 3,d+1,2 jump kick, throw/teleport punch. 36%
jip, b+2, smoke cloud, njp, dash, 3,d+1,2, dash, f+4, teleport puch. 37% if first TP hit connects, 35% if it does not.
jip, b+2, smoke cloud, njp, x-ray. 44%

The timing on the f+4 after the 3,d+1,2 is tight but it does offer alot better positioning than the other options so it's worth getting the hang of imo. I also love using the b+2 versions on crouching opponents. Just b+2, smoke cloud, njp, x-ray does 41% damage by itself. It's alot better than b+2,3, smoke cloud combos since they can be done in the corner as well, plus they each do 1% more damage than the b+2,3 combos.

Yeah seriously, they patched the game so you couldn't do the smoke cloud after an air throw over a month ago.

v - Oh I see, though that's cheating. :bad:

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Ok now that we got that out of the way I believe we are still looking for legitimate 50% or higher combos.
They are on their way. I have to capture a few more things and am putting the finishing touches on my video.

Check and I had an enlightening pow wow at Salty Battles 3 and he made me realize that the OTG smoke bomb lingers on. That inspired me to make a video explaining this and some other clutch smoke tactics. I'll explain more when the video goes up.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Ok here's what I got. This video details the inner workings of my optimal situational combos as well as my frame game. I know that knowledge of Smoke's frame traps is kind of floating around, but I wanted to compile it to some degree. Sorry about the capture quality, all I have is a webcam.

I think the most important thing to note is the behavior of the air throw > EX smoke bomb in Smoke's current version. It wasn't clear to me that these could still be linked until I spoke with Check at SB3, and I'm not really sure how widely this is known. I thought that you the EX bomb otg only worked against someone lying neutral and that it was blockable. It's possible that I some how missed that memo lol.

Anyway, enjoy.

Good stuff, KT.

Only thing I would've added is in the text slide around 4:22. You might mention that B2,3 is hit confirmable so that they can choose which bomb to use depending on what their opponent does so long as they pause slightly before linking in the input for the bomb.