What's new

Guide Smoke Combos!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
did you make those videos before the airthrow smoke bomb was removed?
Yes, the three Smoke videos I brought over here were made before the OTG was removed (at least for the regular Smoke, not his MK2 form). I state this clearly in the post where I share his 54% wall combo. The next Smoke combos I'll be sharing later on will be done at a time when the patch is in effect.

Dan

KomboMaker
My BnB midscreen kombo:

JiP, 3, d+1, 2, NjP >> BK¹ xx Smoke Bomb, 3, d+1, 2, Jump Kick xx Air Grab (42%)

¹: note that the back kick must hit the oponent when it's falling and very near of the ground. I take the Smoke's lower torso as a reference.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Most damaging combo from the b+2, 3, smoke bomb juggle starter?
For me: b2,3-smoke cloud-3,2,1-jk-air grab: 32% (I believe, but I could be wrong.) You can add an additional 3,2 in the combo but it is much more difficult to do. So that is my main high damage bnb off of his b2,3 combo string.

For me: b2,3-smoke cloud-3,2,1-jk-air grab: 32% (I believe, but I could be wrong.) You can add an additional 3,2 in the combo but it is much more difficult to do. So that is my main high damage bnb off of his b2,3 combo string.
Jesus that's 32%?! How the hell didnt I know about this lol. Thanks though, will definitely use this to punish crouchers now.

Altsa

Im working on a tutorial for Smoke´s combos, featuring the most practical and the most damaging midscreen, corner and x-ray combos for different situations. Depending how fast I figure out how to put videos on Youtube, the video should be ready tonight or atleast tomorrow.

Here it is

Altsa

Smoke Kombo video guide

Just because I feel exhausted after my first video attempt ever, this "deserves" its own thread. I´ve gathered the most useful and the most damaging midscreen, corner and X-ray combos Smoke has. The video quality is what it is but I hope that atleast the newer Smoke players get something out of it. Hope you enjoy!

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
ohhhhh I like the idea of going for the reset in the corner. They're much more likely to attempt to escape from the corner and therefore less likely to be mashing block.

Altsa

ohhhhh I like the idea of going for the reset in the corner. They're much more likely to attempt to escape from the corner and therefore less likely to be mashing block.
Yeah, the few times it works it is in the corner. Also even if they hold block the bomb causes huge buff of smoke, often resulting in a "wtfjusthappened"-moment for your opponent allowing you to get another blockstring or a throw.

video doesnt work for me idk y
I dont know if I can do anything, Im completely new in making videos. See if watching it on youtube helps.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Yeah, the few times it works it is in the corner. Also even if they hold block the bomb causes huge buff of smoke, often resulting in a "wtfjusthappened"-moment for your opponent allowing you to get another blockstring or a throw.

I dont know if I can do anything, Im completely new in making videos. See if watching it on youtube helps.
I have been using these for quite a while. Good stuff.

Been playing around with Smoke for abit, found a 50% XRAY corner kombo with him, got a few new high damage midscreens to upload too, check it out:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pid1GlVTiUU?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

btw sorry for shitty quality :(

Dan

KomboMaker
At 3:25 the combo does 49%, not 46% as mentioned on the video. That mid-screen combo (41%) could have done +1% with a NjP.

By the way, good stuff. You should have posted this thread together with the TheSabiie one.

Altsa

At 3:25 the combo does 49%, not 46% as mentioned on the video. That mid-screen combo (41%) could have done +1% with a NjP.

By the way, good stuff. You should have posted this thread together with the TheSabiie one.
In the beginning I did mention that every combo in that video does 3% more with a jump in punch. The 49% one includes the jump in punch. Actually there was quite many combos doing "more" damage because I filmed them WITH the jump in punch.

And what comes to the NJP, yes it does 39%(without a jump-in) but you cant use the 4 in the combo, which makes the timing of the smokebomb a bit harder. Not to mention that you need to have consistent BnB, I´d rather do 38% instead and never drop it instead of missing the NJP or smokebomb.

Kaysick

Noob
Been playing around with Smoke for abit, found a 50% XRAY corner kombo with him, got a few new high damage midscreens to upload too, check it out:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pid1GlVTiUU?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

btw sorry for shitty quality :(
Could you post the inputs for that? I've only been pulling off the 40% one.

Anyways, thanks for everyone who posted. I just picked up Smoke today and the only thing I cant pull off 100% of the time is his 3,down+1,2 to NJP. Other than that, I have 7 combos that I really like.

For a (relatively) quick punisher, there's:

2,1xxSmokebomb > move forward slightly, NJP > dash, 3,2 > dash, 3,D1,2 > JK, airthrow (36%)

Another thing to note is that JK, airthrow can be hard to pull off at the end of longer combos (especially online), so I've been replacing it with B2,3 (or 2,1,4 in the corner) when i notice that my opponent isn't high enough in the air to do JK, airthrow. B2,3 does one less hit and one less % damage, but is far easier to pull off. You can also cancel it into Smoke Towards or Telepunch to get up close for pressure, while still having time to block even the fastest wakeups.

Also, this combo sets you up for a quaranteed OTG Ex Smokebomb (strict timing), for a total of 50% damage with a jump in. If you add an NJP after the first launcher, it's 53% total:

3,D1,2 > dash, 3,2 > dash, 3,D1,2 > B2xxSmokebomb> deep JK, airthrow

In the corner, sub out B2 for 2,1.

New corner combo:

jip > 3d12 > 32 > 32 > 4 xx smoke bomb > jk air throw. This leaves them in a knockdown in the corner for you to EX bomb them for 10 more percent (40% 0 bar/50% 1 bar) and their wakeup options have been foiled so you can continue pressuring them directly in their face, however you may choose.

Something to note about this combo:
You need to reverse the directions on smokebomb as the opponent will ragdoll behind you after the standing 4.

Thx for the hard work. I like knowing combos for the entire cast, and this vid helped alot with smoke. It is just frustrating when you can't hit confirm online.:taz:

Altsa

very nice

1 question

how does going invisible screw up there wake up inputs?
It is only an option to end corner combos with invisibility, crossover jump punch works in some cases. Also, using invisibilty baits the opponent to do a wakeup attack and most of them are unsafe on block, so you can use that as an advantage and punish them.

hardwire

Noob
It is only an option to end corner combos with invisibility, crossover jump punch works in some cases. Also, using invisibilty baits the opponent to do a wakeup attack and most of them are unsafe on block, so you can use that as an advantage and punish them.
ah ok i thought it was supposed to reverse there inputs or somthing like a cross over