What's new

Guide Smoke Combos!

Yaysian

#putsmokeinmkx
Here's a video I just made for the CEO Gaming Youtube channel. :D
Post your other Smoke Combos! :D

REYTHEGREAT

As smoke being my main character this is some good stuff! thanks for the video. i must practice this. heres a combo for you to try and let me know how it goes...

3,d+1,2,dash,3,d+1,2,dash, 3,2, 2,1,4

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I've been having trouble correctly timing the smoke bomb after a pop up - jump kick - air throw; I can only hit maybe 15% of the time.

On the other hand, on a standing opponent, jumpkick - air throw - smokebomb I can hit about 90% of the time.

It looks like in the video Smoke is hitting the ground very quickly after a "high in the air" jump kick - air throw...

Thoughts/suggestions?

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
sorry to sound scrubby but what does 214 mean? is it like a quarter circle motion because i cant seem to connect smoke bomb after an air throw

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I've just read that OTG smoke bomb is blockable even if it would other wise link into the combo and that it is only possible due to a training dummy glitch... can anyone confirm this?

Forward Jump 1,3,2,b+2,3,SC,JK,Teleport

Forward Jump 1,3,2,b+2,3,SC,:x
On a ps3 pad 1= square, 2= triangle, 3= x, 4 = circle
1,2,3,4 - square, triangle or circle really doesn't make sense to me. Not everyone got a ps3 guys... let's just use Mortal Kombat's FP, BP, FK, BK notations to make it easier for everyone, nor should xbox players use X,Y,B,A when sharing/explaining kombos in the forum either.

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Forward Jump 1,3,2,b+2,3,SC,JK,Teleport

Forward Jump 1,3,2,b+2,3,SC,:x
Weird, that's exactly what I'm doing, but I'm only getting 34% on the first combo instead of the 37 in the video (and yes, I'm doing the jump punch starter).

Milk

Snake eyes
When I'm really feeling it I have no trouble landing this bnb:

4 d+1 2 neutral jump punch dash 4 2 dash XX smokebomb jump kick air throw OTG Smoke Bomb
But, when I'm not feeling it I have trouble hitting the neutral jump punch. So the variation I do is:

4 d+1 2 dash 4 2 dash XX smoke bomb jump kick air throw. OTG Smoke Bomb doesn't work after that. Hitting the OTG Smoke Bomb is dependent on how low you air threw them I guess.

Is there many better options out of smoke bomb besides kick air throw?

Dark_Rob

Noob

4 d+1 2 neutral jump punch dash 4 2 dash XX smokebomb jump kick air throw OTG Smoke Bomb
But, when I'm not feeling it I have trouble hitting the neutral jump punch. So the variation I do is:

4 d+1 2 dash 4 2 dash XX smoke bomb jump kick air throw. OTG Smoke Bomb doesn't work after that. Hitting the OTG Smoke Bomb is dependent on how low you air threw them I guess.

Is there many better options out of smoke bomb besides kick air throw?
You must map your buttons funny because for the default layout its 3 d+1 2 dash 3 2 dash smoke bomb Anyway after the smoke bomb dash in and do 3 d+1 2 F+4. It gets a bit better damage.

Milk

Snake eyes
You must map your buttons funny because for the default layout its 3 d+1 2 dash 3 2 dash smoke bomb Anyway after the smoke bomb dash in and do 3 d+1 2 F+4. It gets a bit better damage.
Sorry, I'm new to MK games in general, not used to that stuff yet, thanks for catching me on that. I'll try that out tomorrow when I wake up.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Sorry, I'm new to MK games in general, not used to that stuff yet, thanks for catching me on that. I'll try that out tomorrow when I wake up.
No problem. To clarify:
Square=1
Triangle=2
X=3
Circle=4.

Also after the smoke bomb and you dash in try and hit him while hes still fairly high in the air. This will make it easier to connect another 3 d+1 2 into F+4.

MarkMan

SDTEKKEN.COM
This is my BnB right now...

3,d+1,2, low landing jump kick~1+3 (throw), OTG QCB+2, 3,d+1,2~f,f, f+4 then QCB+4 (teleport punch; does not combo) to get in their face for oki.

This is my BnB right now...

3,d+1,2, low landing jump kick~1+3 (throw), OTG QCB+2, 3,d+1,2~f,f, f+4 then QCB+4 (teleport punch; does not combo) to get in their face for oki.
Haha, that is similar to mine except add jk xx air throw at the end. instead of f4 xx tele.

This is the bnb I figured out in practice last night, however I've yet to pull it off in a match online. It's either all these bnbs are useless do to otg smoke-bombs not working after grabs, or I have issues with the timing online (despite being able to hit the neutral jump punch fine) so I'm wondering if any people have any success hitting these combos in matches?

Yaysian

#putsmokeinmkx
This is the bnb I figured out in practice last night, however I've yet to pull it off in a match online. It's either all these bnbs are useless do to otg smoke-bombs not working after grabs, or I have issues with the timing online (despite being able to hit the neutral jump punch fine) so I'm wondering if any people have any success hitting these combos in matches?
It's landable in a match but it has very strict timing. Lag won't help though. It's a lot easier offline.

Fenixy

Noob
was playing with his teleport punch combo:

input: teleport punch d1,smoke bomb, 3,d+1,2, jump kick,airthrow , otg bomb