What's new

Guide Smoke Combos!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I like using the jump in 1, 3, 2 launch, dash 3, 2, dash, 3, 2, smoke bomb, JK, air throw

I also like jump in 1, 3, 2, dash 3, 2, dash, 3, 2, , dash 3, 2, F+4, 4

ManjoumeThunder

Just a mark
Yeah, they took out the OTG Smoke Bomb, its already happened. Its not impossible to do big damage, just takes more work in some cases. He's not as powerful, but by no means useless without it.

It's still in.... It's not coming out until the next full patch.

It's not an issue of more work. Smoke loses an absurd amount of damage off of some hits without the smoke bomb otg.

If the tournament players' reactions are indicative of anything (they're all ditching him), then things look pretty bleak.

I'm personally picking up Kabal.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Maybe smoke will get some other addition to his arsenal we haven't heard about yet. Tom Brady mentioned that there will be added combos and such.

If not, smoke got the biggest neuter of any character taking away a majority of damage opportunity and combos, which makes no sense

SZSR

Noob
anyone know some good combo in 1.02 yet for him
Anything that branches from b+2, 3 or 3, 2 or 3,d+1, 2 still get heavy damage and if you end with a jump kick air throw plus ex smoke bomb that's easy damage right there.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Someone with MK9.02 test this combo out for me:

3d12, b23 xx smoke bomb, 3d12, 214 xx forward teleport.

In MK9.01 w/ hotfix, it's 36%, from middle of stage, it pushes to corner w/ oki. You can sub out forward teleport for invisibility if you're too close to the corner. It's pretty solid as a combo.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Someone with MK9.02 test this combo out for me:

3d12, b23 xx smoke bomb, 3d12, 214 xx forward teleport.

In MK9.01 w/ hotfix, it's 36%, from middle of stage, it pushes to corner w/ oki. You can sub out forward teleport for invisibility if you're too close to the corner. It's pretty solid as a combo.
It does the same amount of damage now.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Just tried 3d12, b23 xx smoke bomb, 3d12, f4 xx forward teleport.

Better frame advantage than ending with 214 xx forward teleport.

cabibi

Noob
Just tried 3d12, b23 xx smoke bomb, 3d12, f4 xx forward teleport.

Better frame advantage than ending with 214 xx forward teleport.
the smoke bomb in this is pretty strict. I can do it but 50% of the time the smoke bomb wiffs.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
I've found a nice use for :en Bomb after :r:bk in combos:

:fk:d:fp:bp, NJP, :r:bk, :en Bomb, :fk:d:fp:bp, JK, Air Throw, :en Bomb. I call it Suffokation Kombo for kopyrights.

It's a bit tricky to land the :r:bk at the highest possible point in order to make the :en Bomb hit and requires a lot of dashing of course, but it works. And does 43 damage without JIP.

SZSR

Noob
Here's a pretty easy combo for 39%, only costs one meter:
B+1, 4, :en Smoke Bomb, dash 3, d+1, 2, dash 3, d+1, 2, jump kick air throw.

I'm surprised no one used this as a combo starter before as the setup is pretty easy to pull off.

Use Negative Edge to your advantage with these combos.

3d12, 3d12, 3 d1 b2 (the B+2 makes negative edge give you a smoke bomb instead of third punch launcher), into either jk xx air throw or dash xx f4. 34 and 33% respectively.

3 d1 b2, X-ray(hammer it out or you'll be too late) 40%

3 d1 blk+b2 for an EX smoke bomb to add even more damage. 3 d1 blk+b2, dash, 3d12, dash, 3d1b2, f4 OR jk xx air throw. 36/37% respectively

Testing to see if i can get negative edge to give me telepunch by "accident" at certain times

SZSR

Noob
Use Negative Edge to your advantage with these combos.

3d12, 3d12, 3 d1 b2 (the B+2 makes negative edge give you a smoke bomb instead of third punch launcher), into either jk xx air throw or dash xx f4. 34 and 33% respectively.

3 d1 b2, X-ray(hammer it out or you'll be too late) 40%

3 d1 blk+b2 for an EX smoke bomb to add even more damage. 3 d1 blk+b2, dash, 3d12, dash, 3d1b2, f4 OR jk xx air throw. 36/37% respectively

Testing to see if i can get negative edge to give me telepunch by "accident" at certain times
If you can add negative edge to get a telepunch I swear I'll get you a trophy or something, that'd be a life saver. BTW, Welcome to TYM.

Still haven't figured it out, I've been playing with those 3 new toys online :D If I find something later when i go back to practice i'll post it! and thanks for the welcome <3

3d12x2 jk teleport punch is safe I feel it may not be as big if damage as most would like but it works
3d12 3d12 jk telepunch works if you're fast and does 30%. just the one 3d12 is easier and does 25%, so that one comes down to a matter of situation. EDIT that x2 at the end means times 2, right? or is that supposed to mean something else?

@subzerosmokerai - I haven't been able to pull off any telepunches due to negative edge. I don't know if there's a combo/string I can do that could possibly incorporate that now that i've tried, but maybe i'm missing something :\

Also, that 40% X-ray in my OP (3 d1 b2, xray) does 43 if you do a jump-in punch first, but I find the input awkward and always accidentally press d3 and pretty much kill myself D:

fleshmasher

i got the poison
:fk:d:fp:bp, NJP, :fk:bp, Bomb, :r:bk:d:l (Teleport) <-- uses negative edge for Teleport, and both hits connect.
Do i get a trophy now? :p

An :x combo:
:l:bp:fk, Bomb, :l:fp:x you could also do
:l:bp:fk, Bomb, :l:fp:bk:x but without the :bk it's easier and do both 39%

SZSR

Noob
3d12 3d12 jk telepunch works if you're fast and does 30%. just the one 3d12 is easier and does 25%, so that one comes down to a matter of situation. EDIT that x2 at the end means times 2, right? or is that supposed to mean something else?

@subzerosmokerai - I haven't been able to pull off any telepunches due to negative edge. I don't know if there's a combo/string I can do that could possibly incorporate that now that i've tried, but maybe i'm missing something :\

Also, that 40% X-ray in my OP (3 d1 b2, xray) does 43 if you do a jump-in punch first, but I find the input awkward and always accidentally press d3 and pretty much kill myself D:
Maybe like what fleshmasher posted below, it's gonna have to be f+:bk or a plain :bk to negative edge it.

:fk:d:fp:bp, NJP, :fk:bp, Bomb, :r:bk:d:l <-- uses negative edge for Teleport, and both hits connect.
Do i get a trophy now? :p

An :x combo:
:l:bp:fk, Bomb, :l:fp:x you could also do :l:bp:fk, Bomb, :l:fp:bk:x but without the :bk it's easier and do both 39%
Good stuff, and no I couldn't get a trophy so you get a cookie:

I did this in the corner for 42% meterless. 48% with x-ray.

Jump-in p, 3d12, njp, 3d12, 3d12, d1 xx bomb, jk, air-throw

I can do it midscreen without the njp for 39% and 44% with x-ray. I still have trouble landing the njp midscreen after the 3d12 so I don't know if it's possible to do the whole thing midscreen.

I did this in the corner for 42% meterless. 48% with x-ray.

Jump-in p, 3d12, njp, 3d12, 3d12, d1 xx bomb, jk, air-throw

I can do it midscreen without the njp for 39% and 44% with x-ray. I still have trouble landing the njp midscreen after the 3d12 so I don't know if it's possible to do the whole thing midscreen.
If the d1xxbomb works mid-screen then that combo would work. The NJP timing is early and takes some getting use to.

If the d1xxbomb works mid-screen then that combo would work. The NJP timing is early and takes some getting use to.
The thing is if it is midscreen then you gotta dash after the njp and the second and third 3d12 (I probably shoulda mentioned that), and I don't know if there is enough time after the third 3d12 to dash and connect with the d1, bomb. It works without the njp but when I did it in the corner with the njp it seemed like the extra hit made the opponent come down faster after the third 3d12.

Double kick or -44 can be linked into a whiffed telepunch for pressure positioning, i have a little book where ive wrote so much down for smoke, shit i aint seen anywhere else, ill have to type it up tommorow