What's new

Guide Smoke Combos!

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
sorry to sound scrubby but what does 214 mean? is it like a quarter circle motion because i cant seem to connect smoke bomb after an air throw
He means Quarter Circle Back.It is referring to the Down to Back motion. Look at the numpad on your keyboard.

He is not referring to the buttons on the DPAD.

That's why he used BP FP BK FK ( Back Punch etc...)

That's why it's difficuly to use numbers for both notations, usual why I use QCB/QCF/HCB/HCF and etc.. and use numbers for the button inputs.(Square and etc..)

36% midscreen no meter: 3, d+1, 2, dash, 3, d+1, 2, dash, 3, d+1, 2, b+2 xx smoke cloud, j3/4 xx teleport punch/throw
The combo does the same damage with either finisher as the second hit of the teleport punch seems to always whiff. I generally use the punch because it puts smoke directly infront of his opponent and does not cause him to exchange sides with the opponent.

XDest

Noob
You should probably be doing 3, d+1, 2, jump ... j.4, air throw, smoke cloud OTG, dash, 3, d+1, 2, jump j.4, air throw, teleport punch whiff as a BnB with that starter. Does 43% I believe (46% when starting with j.1), with the possibility of doing an x-ray instead to bring it over 50%. It also has the benefit from ending up right next to the opponent.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I like this simple 54% the most:

jps~3d12, jk~air throw, otg smoke bomb, 3d12, jk~air throw, otg smoke bomb

No meter, too easy.

I thought that did 49%, not 54%?

Edit: If you do an x-ray after the first otg smoke bomb, it's 54%.
looks like there was some sort of update. it actually increased smokes damage. he is right, as of this morning that combo does 54%

edit-NVM, my xbl was unavailable and i didnt notice. 54% is what you get if youre not hooked up to xbl, its still 49%

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wait, how are you getting the smoke bomb after the second JK xx air throw?

REYTHEGREAT

Wait, how are you getting the smoke bomb after the second JK xx air throw?
I think it's all about timing. Cause it tajes me a while getting the first one. Maybe it depends how low you are able to connect the jump kick air throw?

Is there some kind of trick to getting the smoke bomb to OTG the first time? I tried this for an hour and I can never get it outside the corner?

Fenixy

Noob
jump in punch,3d12, neutral j.punch, j.k ,aigrab, bomb,3d12, j.k grab, otg bomb very easy 56%

after neutral j.punch a jump with delayed kick makes an air grab very close to the ground, so the bomb afterwards garanteed.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
New to the forums here. First time using Smoke and wow. Im liking so far.

Here are some basic combos I recorded.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
his OTG smoke bomb is broken.
Nah, not broken. I think that this one combo specifically will (and should) get its damage reduced, though. I don't even mind. A regular combo landing in the neighborhood of 50 damage for no meter is ridiculous.

I also think that enough people will complain and his t.punch will get slowed down... but this is for another topic

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Recorded a video of his BnB:

I have to admit, over half life on a BnB is a bit much...

Even more so is that he gets 40% off of any air throw.

Milk

Snake eyes
This is the bnb I figured out in practice last night, however I've yet to pull it off in a match online. It's either all these bnbs are useless do to otg smoke-bombs not working after grabs, or I have issues with the timing online (despite being able to hit the neutral jump punch fine) so I'm wondering if any people have any success hitting these combos in matches?
Usually online instead of the neutral jump punch, I just dash and do 3 2 dash smoke bomb. Lots less strict on timing.

CYD

Noob
The Jump Kick Air Throw, Smoke Bomb...gonna get nerfed with an update, from what I understand.

~CYD

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Without the patch, it's 51%.

With patch, it's 46%. Either way, that's one helluva chunk for a midscreen combo.