What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Vs. Kung Lao

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
then you get punished when someone reacts to it
not always, not if u condition them to other things. I hope ur not calling lao's teleport useless....cuz its far from it.

also ground teleports can catch them too if they expect you to rush in. since most of the time they'll be expecting the air mixup anyways with jip/DK/TP

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
there you said it your self "not always"
still worth doing. Kung lao's greatest strength is being able to confuse the opponent, and this bird lao stuff definitely helps with that. Its about adding layers upon layers to the possible mindgames that can develope ontop of the base stuff that KL can already do. Because of his mobility and the way he works its very easy to do this.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Okay ppl, i think it looks fine now.
Thread fused with the old one, will need an update and this bird Lao stuff might be the right thing to look up into this MU again.

Feel free to contribute, but no more off topic

The current topic is:

Bird Lao (jump Kick Dive kick to whiff over) vs Skarlet

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Eddy I swear I searched the forum before creating a new thread but nothing came up... Sry about that! :oops:

Anyway, lots of useful info on the old thread, thx about that guys! Might use some of this stuff this weekend against Qwark28 's Kung Lao. Now only to find a way to approach Metzos ' Ermac FML!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Done, are you happy now?
pls everyone, if you have nothing but off topic to talk then don't post in this thread anymore. thanks for your understanding and appreciation.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
It's over simplified because I decide to take the most broken option, bird Lao is a broken strategy, near enough no characters in the game can deal with it, and until you play against a serious KL player, whoring the bird Lao idea, you wont know.

Think of it like being stuck in the corner with Subs ice clone, the match automatically becomes heavily in SZs favour against most of the cast, now apply it to KL, but instead of the corner you have the range of his 2 1, and instead of the clone you have bird Lao.

Its broken.

Every single player that doubted/didnt know about the idea of bird Lao on TYM, and then went to play me, now understands how fucking stupid this strategy is.

xarakamaka Chaosphere Glass_Sword iKritikal UsedForGlue PND_Mustard OmegaK Mr_Swizzer Smarrgasm
Soul Bound XPND i2 Gaug3 Pig Of The Hut @Anybody else I've played

It's not like this game isn't overly simple anyway, if you think it isnt, play Tekken. MK is childs play compared to that game.
Only a handful of characters can do anything about the bird Lao.

Its stupid, effective, and most importantly, very easy to do, it's simply wiffed dive kicks until a punish presents itself, most the time the opponent will stop at a stand still and block, in the idea that a dive kick will be blocked and punished, or the opponent starts to NJP like a paranoid wreck, and that only puts them at a higher risk of being hit by a dive kick mid air, and good KL players will roll spin covert 8/10 times.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So then now, there is two types of KL MU correct?

Kung Lao and Bird Lao.

Which Bird Lao is considered to be 6-4 Bird Lao+s favor. Until a Skarlet Player proves otherwise or being able to present solid counter against this bird that flies with a kick over characters head.

hump, i'm not buying this Bird Lao Hype

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
So then now, there is two types of KL MU correct?

Kung Lao and Bird Lao.

Which Bird Lao is considered to be 6-4 Bird Lao+s favor. Until a Skarlet Player proves otherwise or being able to present solid counter against this bird that flies with a kick over characters head.

hump, i'm not buying this Bird Lao Hype
Nobody ever does.

Theres 2 ends of the spectrum, those like you, that have never played it and dont understand how dumb it is, and those that have played it, who will always back it up.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Nobody ever does.

Theres 2 ends of the spectrum, those like you, that have never played it and dont understand how dumb it is, and those that have played it, who will always back it up.
yeah sure.

If bird Lao is the Talent, then Skarlet is the hard worker.
GGs F0xy

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
yeah sure.

If bird Lao is the Talent, then Skarlet is the hard worker.
GGs F0xy
No, that doesnt apply at all. This isnt about players, it abouts the tactic. There is no fucking way in hell you're gonna react to bird Lao with a VAST majority of any methods you've written to counter it, and even at that, theyre not counters in any way shape or form. Skarlet has NO method of making KL scared to be in the air.

Then theres the matter of him being able to switch up playstyles instantly, he just has too many options. I'm not gonna sit here and debate against the theory fighting Skarlets on this one any more. I've already seen all your 'answers' in game, other than EX RD slide, you're not getting anything.

No, that doesnt apply at all. This isnt about players, it abouts the tactic. There is no fucking way in hell you're gonna react to bird Lao with a VAST majority of any methods you've written to counter it, and even at that, theyre not counters in any way shape or form. Skarlet has NO method of making KL scared to be in the air.

Then theres the matter of him being able to switch up playstyles instantly, he just has too many options. I'm not gonna sit here and debate against the theory fighting Skarlets on this one any more.
they will all see not too long , dont worry bout that lol you said your points dude give it a short while and they too will be like " man this is some lame bird lao shit " l0l0l

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Then theres the matter of him being able to switch up playstyles instantly, he just has too many options. I'm not gonna sit here and debate against the theory fighting Skarlets on this one any more.
i don't theory fight, i get in the field and play.

so ggs f0xy, Skarlet KL 5-5 to me.

No matter how much everyone backs u up on this, until i found actually a tatic on KL hard to deal with or until a KL being able to limit all best skarlets options and oportunities that can presents when a tatic shows up in the game, this will continue to be 5-5 to me.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
i don't theory fight, i get in the field and play.

so ggs f0xy, Skarlet KL 5-5 to me.

No matter how much everyone backs u up on this, until i found actually a tatic on KL hard to deal with or until a KL being able to limit all best skarlets options and oportunities that can presents when a tatic shows up in the game, this will continue to be 5-5 to me.
I never once put a number down.

But what match is even where you cant:

- Jump
- Poke
- Stand
- Attempt an AA move

and your only method of legitimate escape is reverse Ex RD slide ON A GUESS?
This is the tactic you're looking for, and again, like I said, you've clearly not played against it.

So far in this thread, there hasn't been any legitimate response. Its not a KL vs Skarlet specific thing anyway, the same scenario can be applied to pretty much all the of the cast.

You are theory fighting, because you still don't understand what bird Lao is...
As well as that, I'm positive I havent shown enough people for it to be replicated properly, or improved by someone else.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I never once put a number down.

But what match is even where you cant:

- Jump
- Poke
- Stand
- Attempt an AA move

and your only method of legitimate escape is reverse Ex RD slide ON A GUESS?
This is the tactic you're looking for, and again, like I said, you've clearly not played against it.

So far in this thread, there hasn't been any legitimate response. Its not a KL vs Skarlet specific thing anyway, the same scenario can be applied to pretty much all the of the cast.

You are theory fighting, because you still don't understand what bird Lao is...
Ggs Bro.
You're obviously the best KL in the world and the only one who can Bird Lao Properly that every one you've never played against is only theory fighting the bird tatic

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
...other than EX RD slide, you're not getting anything.
Nobody even suggested eh rd slide to punish. God I swear this is the problem you assume you know what I've been talking about this whole time when you actually have no clue.

I'm testing this today. Look out for a video in the next few days.