What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Vs. Kung Lao

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Didnt Xarakamaka not drop a game to you?
we played 5 games and he won 5-2 online across the Atlantic Ocean...it was not anything I was taking seriously as I could not even eh dagger cancel or do traditional combos. What I did not know was that he was playing balls out to try and beat me to prove he is the best online warrior with skarlet. He succeeded

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
WTF when dis thread was started that is already 2 pages?

Anyway, Bird Lao dive kicks gimmicks isn't much of a big deal in this MU.

Not only by dash block, but a good reverse crimson dash to clash on the dive kick as he passes or clash against his dive kick i front and Skarlet gets a free combo everytime.

And U3 alone beats all JIPs, JiKs and dive kicks in this game, and she still has iaD to AA BirdLao on reads, so feel free to dive kick around skarlet and you might get yourself a surprise.

The only thing that may be bad to Skarlet is if the one behind it doesn't pay too much attention on how to start pressure on Lao, due the 6f spin that will keep her way in in check, as well his ability to counter string with 21 instead of counter poking with d3 or d1.

Hats are not a problem, any tele gimmick give skarlet a full combo on a correct read as well.

And 114, 112 buts her way from his best strings which it can be used everytime to avoid risks on Lao.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
we played 5 games and he won 5-2 online across the Atlantic Ocean...it was not anything I was taking seriously as I could not even eh dagger cancel or do traditional combos. What I did not know was that he was playing balls out to try and beat me to prove he is the best online warrior with skarlet. He succeeded
It applies to both parties you know. You slag him off, yet cant actually beat him under equal conditions.

You're clearly theory fighting, I can gaurantee you've not played somebody who is a KL main and can bird Lao 'properly'.
Why wouldn't I take Xarakamakas word over yours if:
1. You cant beat him.
2. He has actually experienced bird Lao as Skarlet, whereas you havent.
3. He sweats every match, so I can trust he'll find a legit answer.

Eddy Wang, you dont get a combo any time he divekicks over you. He can block before Skarlet can land anything.

FOR THE LAST TIME, TELEPORTS ARE IRRELEVANT, HE DOES NOT NEED THEM!
U3 wont beat a point blank JK DK, and if you're throwing out U3 from within that range, who's risk is it? ALL SKARLETS! Cages B3 wont do it, Skarlets U3 definitely doesnt.
iAD wont beat JK DK from that range, because like I said before JKDK WILL COME OUT BEFORE (%#$#$&$g BEFORE!) THE DAGGER WILL.
Even then, iAD attempts are KLs favour, you do your iAD after he lands, he can literally just stand there and F3 spin you outta the air, or walk his way in and 2 2 spin, or teleport and blockstring you as you land.

It's nice you guys are trying to solve the simple issue of JKDK, and still havent gone into how the fuck you're meant to deal with the infinite amount of mixups he gets after and before he lands.
Tell me, how do you know he is gonna JK DK and not just go for the JIP?
How do you know that when he lands he wont just NJP a dash, or that when he lands he wont just do standing 2? Or just back up?

And for the last god damn time, dash blocking will not get you anywhere, you wont be blocking any of the divekicks, dash blocking will give him JK chip damage and free blockstrings, you pretty much have to stand block to hope to get lucky and block a divekick if Lao player messes up. But LIKE I SAID BEFORE, stand blocking against KL = free EVERYTHING

You will never be able to react to every single option he has, and he has a shit tonne.

It pisses me off to even explain this, cause you guys obviously have 0 experience of playing against a serious bird Lao.

It may sound like the dumbest shit ever, I thought it when I first started doing it, but it really is OP as fuck.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
It applies to both parties you know. You slag him off, yet cant actually beat him under equal conditions.

You're clearly theory fighting, I can gaurantee you've not played somebody who is a KL main and can bird Lao 'properly'.
1. You cant beat him.

Eddy Wang, you dont get a combo any time he divekicks over you. He can block before Skarlet can land anything.

U3 wont beat a point blank JK DK, and if you're throwing out U3 from within that range, who's risk is it? ALL SKARLETS!
iAD wont beat JK DK from that range, because like I said before JKDK WILL COME OUT BEFORE (FUCKING BEFORE!) THE DAGGER WILL.
calm the fuck down man. you cant stand being wrong can you? Just accept the slight possibility that skarlet might be able to get out...nobody said there wasn't risk. iad can be spaced right and that is what we are saying. From point blank I dont think any skarlet would do iad.

As far as xarawhatthefuqhisnameis, I'd rather not get into this. But HE stated that he wanted friendly games in a mirror match...I said "fuck it, he lives in Europe but oh well this should be fun."

Then after he wins he gets on here saying how he beat me in a first to 5 and that is is the best skarlet on xbl. I was just trying to make the best of a bad situation, sitting on my couch drunk playing MK...lol you and him are both ridiculous if you think that means anything.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
calm the fuck down man. you cant stand being wrong can you? Just accept the slight possibility that skarlet might be able to get out...nobody said there wasn't risk. iad can be spaced right and that is what we are saying. From point blank I dont think any skarlet would do iad.

As far as xarawhatthefuqhisnameis, I'd rather not get into this. But HE stated that he wanted friendly games in a mirror match...I said "fuck it, he lives in Europe but oh well this should be fun."

Then after he wins he gets on here saying how he beat me in a first to 5 and that is is the best skarlet on xbl. I was just trying to make the best of a bad situation, sitting on my couch drunk playing MK...lol you and him are both ridiculous if you think that means anything.

K

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
why is this discussion still happening none of this can be proved by either side untill both play on LAN so stop measuring your dicks and go sit in your rooms and play with yourself

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

1. You cant beat him.

U3 wont beat a point blank JK DK, and if you're throwing out U3 from within that range, who's risk is it? ALL SKARLETS! Cages B3 wont do it, Skarlets U3 definitely doesnt.
iAD wont beat JK DK from that range, because like I said before JKDK WILL COME OUT BEFORE (FUCKING BEFORE!) THE DAGGER WILL.
Even then, iAD attempts are KLs favour, you do your iAD after he lands, he can literally just stand there and F3 spin you outta the air, or walk his way in and 2 2 spin, or teleport and blockstring you as you land.

It's nice you guys are trying to solve the simple issue of JKDK, and still havent gone into how the fuck you're meant to deal with the infinite amount of mixups he gets after and before he lands.
Tell me, how do you know he is gonna JK DK and not just go for the JIP?
How do you know that when he lands he wont just NJP a dash, or that when he lands he wont just do standing 2? Or just back up?

And for the last god damn time, dash blocking will not get you anywhere, you wont be blocking any of the divekicks, dash blocking will give him JK chip damage and free blockstrings, you pretty much have to stand block to hope to get lucky and block a divekick if Lao player messes up. But LIKE I SAID BEFORE, stand blocking against KL = free EVERYTHING

You will never be able to react to every single option he has, and he has a shit tonne.

It pisses me off to even explain this, cause you guys obviously have 0 experience of playing against a serious bird Lao.

It may sound like the dumbest shit ever, I thought it when I first started doing it, but it really is OP as fuck.
Lol foxy, you think Mixups are all only on Laos favor? Pls Shut it buddy.

KL also has to get to guess either if Skarlet will Crimson Dash to keep him in check or not, the fact that is has 28f frames of armor and she can freely AA, or punish just in case lao tries to NJP, poke, spin, F3 or string to counter Krimson dash itself, YOU WILL HAVE TO BLOCK.
By simply blocking she can blockstring Lao Freely and rebuild her meter. And notice i'm taking any of the follow ups away.

Which turns the table already, without counting the fact you can only bird from a very specific Range, which i still say and i've proven many times, U3 will beat on the right second you try to jump over skarlet to pass with a Dive Kick, its a routine i get everyday, U3 ppl who tries to jump over my setups gets U3'ed consistently for 51% combos, if you think Dive kick is fast enough to beat U3, which also places you at risk of being back dashed and block your birdie kick, and be full combo punished, don't call me with this stuff that he can't be AAd on reation. U3 is a AA that works in Anticipation, its 0 on block and is dagger cancelable so is virtually safe and KL can't punish not even with F3.

And KL also doesn't get nothing from simply pass over Skarlet, he still have to get in to deal damage, and jump in will not help you.

DarkSlayerSmith already tried this fruity tatic as well, and he is forced to play footsies every time he plays lao, because he knows Skarlet don't forgive Fruity characters or Fruity players.

Why would i worry with dive kick anyway? i can simply dash away from it and turtle lao in many other forms i know to make him come at me, instead of running wild with a blind rushdown like any non Skarlet player thinks she was builded to.

I mean no disrespect to Xarakamaka but i think your boy needs to get out of the Lobby and play more offline.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
why is this discussion still happening none of this can be proved by either side untill both play on LAN so stop measuring your dicks and go sit in your rooms and play with yourself
I love A F0xy Grampa, he is indeed a very good player, he has very good points, and he makes Drum on Bass, but man i honestly dunno why his dick is so stiff right now:D

Anyway, i hope to be able to meet him someday and make him a skarlet believer.

B Pryme

Noob
Foxy is right lao wins. We have the pleasure of playing offline with one of the best skarletts (Johnny 2d) and skarlett cannot trade projectiles or she will lose. Always block the armor high, eat a slide big deal, wait for a up or down slash and punish hard. Skarlett is a good character but is missing some tools, lao wins 6-4 maybe 7-3 just like cyrax wins ggs.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Foxy is right lao wins. We have the pleasure of playing offline with one of the best skarletts (@Johnny 2d) and skarlett cannot trade projectiles or she will lose. Always block the armor high, eat a slide big deal, wait for a up or down slash and punish hard. Skarlett is a good character but is missing some tools, lao wins 6-4 maybe 7-3 just like cyrax wins ggs.
Okay my fellow Skarlet tiers, in this one year period of lot of research and learning how the character truly works, how many skarlet's players still red/Crimson dash to up slash or down slash without punish on a combo on situations of high risk like trying to punish from distances impossible to punish with it in first place?

How manny ppl still keep ignoring slides because isin't a big deal?

If any anti-Skarlet player goes to EVO with this resolution should trully lose.

Wigy

There it is...
I've played his lao about 20 times today, you can't get to Instant air projectile height, you cannot dash so that the dive kick lands,you cannot consistently use AA attacks. I tried B3 about 15 times on JC which is one of the best AA's in the game and it connected like once because i got a lucky and the rest of the time i either whiffed and was punished or he would go for the 21 24 etc.

Theory and practice are very different things, the fact that you need to be so on point to anything and the the odd's being hugely stacked against you if do try makes this crazy good.

Just for any smoke players out there. Jump backwards and teleport blows this up badly.

B Pryme

Noob
All I'm trying to impose is that scarlet isn't that good of a character, and that you guys that play her are just great players, it's a compliment don't take my critiques to serious.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I've played his lao about 20 times today, you can't get to Instant air projectile height, you cannot dash so that the dive kick lands,you cannot consistently use AA attacks. I tried B3 about 15 times on JC which is one of the best AA's in the game and it connected like once because i got a lucky and the rest of the time i either whiffed and was punished or he would go for the 21 24 etc.

Theory and practice are very different things, the fact that you need to be so on point to anything and the the odd's being hugely stacked against you if do try makes this crazy good.

Just for any smoke players out there. Jump backwards and teleport blows this up badly.
what we're trying to say here, is that this matter of players keeping abusing of something simply because they think they can, is bullshit.

In this game there is reads, and this work for both sides, jumping from one way to another with dive kicks that doesn't hit anything will to making him win this MU.
And i hate Theory Fighting any other skarlet player will tell you this, i prefer presenting facts based on my own experience than trying to prove what could work and what couldn't, and all this is based on reads, and how fast a player is able to keep up with his own reads.

Specially when one player can quickly see trough what his opponent is plotting or what type of game is playing, running this MU isin't much big of a deal, like dealing up with Kabal 1001 ways of punish gaps, whiff punish strings from fullscreen and AA from any point of the screen, which is incredibly much harder, and requires a greater level of concentration.

Of course execution also have to be a pair of what can be read, or it really doesn't matter to try to shits you're no capable or never did in first place

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Yeah true.

L0rdoftheFLY, Bird Lao isn't just a 'gimmick' that you can stop by dash blocking. Once he's in 2 1 range, he can start and stop as much as he likes, you cant dash at the same speed as a divekick, and you need to get at least that far to even block it. Do you not understand what stand blocking means to KL players as well? That means free strings ALL day.

I thought it was a gimmick at first, but turns out, its legit, looks fucking stupid, but still legit.

If you try to attempt a red slide to hit him as he lands, all you'll be doing is trading slide chip for 7f starter chip, a throw or more JK DKs. If you do a slash, you'll be punished.
hey can we play? i wanna see how u do that bird lao stuff, if its any different than what i do. I tend to do stuff like jkdk at point blank so that the jumpkick hits but the divekick wiffs over their head if they block, but both connect if they dont :D

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Any bird laos on PSN want to play me sometime? I suck right now but I want dat experience yo Bildslash

I think this MU is 4-6 lao's favor slightly
Sure thing. I suppose we can schedule it for this weekend. Now, I must point out I've just recently started playing a full Bird Lao --of course, I'm assuming I understand what that it is in relation to other playstyles.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Bird Lao doesn't involve the teleport, but ofcourse it can still be used I guess, it just seems kind of pointless if you're bird Laoing
i'd prefer to use the teleport to catch them off guard even while doing teh bird stuff. its a useful tool and to not use it is a waste.