What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Vs. Kung Lao

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Question
Can't skarlet zone. Then bait teleport and punish with f4 down slash and if a dagger hits she can go into a combo?

Wigy

There it is...
Thats pretty seedy, i wasnt able to land any pokes.. but cyrax's AA blew it up at least 4 or 5 times.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
What are you going to achieve from running from KL though, Skarlet poses no threat unless she's close, KL can get in against anyone with relative ease.

He's better than her from fullscreen anyway. Both characters have an answer for having projectiles thrown at them.
she just wants to control how lao approaches, and dictate when she gets a combo. She wants to be close but in a reset situation...with advantage, not the other way around. She can bide her time from full screen and dagger / chip her way to the life lead untill she gets a reset combo and can apply pressure.

lao has to get in to do damage to her...and that is the key here...if she takes away his dive kick and teleport with good punishes and iad, he is forced to play normal.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
she just wants to control how lao approaches, and dictate when she gets a combo. She wants to be close but in a reset situation...with advantage, not the other way around. She can bide her time from full screen and dagger / chip her way to the life lead untill she gets a reset combo and can apply pressure.

lao has to get in to do damage to her...and that is the key here...if she takes away his dive kick and teleport with good punishes and iad, he is forced to play normal.
Low hats and straight hats do more damage and will trade.

Wigy

There it is...
I'm not good enough to compete with you on a proper level but i think with a decent cyrax they would be able to blow it up enough that you would have to stop doing it

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Fly, no offense, but I think you are theory crafting. There's no way to just SEE this shit and have enough time to think about what you're going to do. Lao is too fucking fast with this shit. My only counter was to throw out 1~vb for anti air and it only hit a couple times. I was attempting to back dash b3 with Raiden and... Lao is just too fucking fast. But to be fair, foxy and I's connection was kinda shitty. I'd like to play against bird lao offline, but I don't think that's going to make things too much better. At least I'd be able to poke though.

Of course, there technically are counters. But we have to be real here. Maybe your reactions are god like and mine aren't. I dunno. It was hard to deal with.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
she can hop over low hats with u3 and iad allows her to avoid straight hats...plus if you straight hat you give her armor upslash options.
Same can be applied in reverse, nothing avoids straight hats bar teleports because theyre guided. Yea its armour options, but all of her daggers are teleport options.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
No, because the game isnt played at full screen for more than 5 seconds.
agreed but that isn't a reason why its not 5-5.

-I have already explained how she can get out of "bird lao"
-you know that she can AA with iad into resets...(this potential and damage output are like scorpians in which it can drastically alter a match in seconds)
-You know she can punish teleport with 30% reset
-zoning is a draw because of armor, tele options, u3 and iad

You have yet to give any type of reason for why he is at advantage

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Bird Lao doesn't involve the teleport, but ofcourse it can still be used I guess, it just seems kind of pointless if you're bird Laoing
That's what I thought you meant

But is skarlet able to zone him?
I always thought air daggers to get him out of Dive kick into a combo and ending with f43 could be effective. And if he does teleport she can f4

But what do I know I have never fought a bird Lao.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
That's what I thought you meant

But is skarlet able to zone him?
I always thought air daggers to get him out of Dive kick into a combo and ending with f43 could be effective. And if he does teleport she can f4

But what do I know I have never fought a bird Lao.
Kung Lao does more damage while theyre zoning, both have answers to each others zoning, but KL is superior from all ranges jump to point blank.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
L0rdoftheFLY on thursday if you are at bnb ill play you with my bird lao and well see how it goes. I know im not as good as foxy but i still think i can give you a good show of this strategy and how dumb it is. Some characters have okay options against it and its not fullproof but it is still insanely good and difficult to deal with while its happening to you. As sonya i had to just sit there buffering d4 cartwheel to try and get AA's with it. This gave him opportunities for free whiff punishes and all the risk was on me,

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
agreed but that isn't a reason why its not 5-5.

-I have already explained how she can get out of "bird lao"
-you know that she can AA with iad into resets...(this potential and damage output are like scorpians in which it can drastically alter a match in seconds)
-You know she can punish teleport with 30% reset
-zoning is a draw because of armor, tele options, u3 and iad

You have yet to give any type of reason for why he is at advantage
She isnt going to AA him with iAD at all, Ive played this enough with Xarakamaka, he's tried everything you've said, and none of it is a consistent answer on how to get out of it.

JKDK comes out before any instant air projectiles do, at least within the range thats required to be a bird.

Teleports dont even come into it, KL doesnt even need to have a teleport if you can bird Lao it. Your answer on how to 'get out' isnt really an answer, its just a guess game that costs you meter, therefore its limited to how much meter you have, your reactions and own guesses on what the Lao player is doing, AND its your risk, not his. If you can keep up with a Lao doing 2-3 divekicks a second, you are a god.

I understand that you're trying to figure things out, but trust me, xarakamaka and myself have been through it for a long enough time to see how it works for both characters.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
L0rdoftheFLY on thursday if you are at bnb ill play you with my bird lao and well see how it goes. I know im not as good as foxy but i still think i can give you a good show of this strategy and how dumb it is. Some characters have okay options against it and its not fullproof but it is still insanely good and difficult to deal with while its happening to you. As sonya i had to just sit there buffering d4 cartwheel to try and get AA's with it. This gave him opportunities for free whiff punishes and all the risk was on me,
I was helping Pig with this MU against kenshi before SCR and I was using this "bird Tactic" with ease. you know what? he found a way around it. I understand how it works and what his options are. You have to remember that during bird shit, he isnt doing any damage unless you jump. so just dont freak out and be patient. Dash block, or red dash, or time just 1 iad and you can get out.

We will test it Casey.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
She isnt going to AA him with iAD at all, Ive played this enough with Xarakamaka, he's tried everything you've said, and none of it is a consistent answer on how to get out of it.

JKDK comes out before any instant air projectiles do, at least within the range thats required to be a bird.

Teleports dont even come into it, KL doesnt even need to have a teleport if you can bird Lao it. Your answer on how to 'get out' isnt really an answer, its just a guess game that costs you meter, therefore its limited to how much meter you have, your reactions and own guesses on what the Lao player is doing, AND its your risk, not his. If you can keep up with a Lao doing 2-3 divekicks a second, you are a god.

I understand that you're trying to figure things out, but trust me, xarakamaka and myself have been through it for a long enough time to see how it works for both characters.

I promise you that she can get out of it. And I'll show you. Its not risk free for either party. Just give me time to make you a video.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Your boy xarawhatthefuqhisnameis doesn't give me any confidence in your ability to test this...I'm sorry. Anyone who abuses overhead slash without getting punished and takes online that serious obviously has flaws in his ability to approach MUs.

I promise you that she can get out of it. And I'll show you. Its not risk free for either party. Just give me time to make you a video.
Didnt Xarakamaka not drop a game to you? The guy knows how the game works, I'd have faith in him to figure shit out with any character, legitimate strategy. Thats my tunnel vision for this game, it has to be legit, or I wont talk about, or do it.

Like Smarrgasm and Chaosphere said, if you can deal with bird Lao consistently, then you're a god. There is no way in hell a human could react to it everytime, or make the correct guess too, theres too many variables in Laos favour.

And yes, it isn't risk free if you somehow manage to get a red dash out, theres always the risk of eating a 7% slide lol...

A 7% slide that the opponent can only do a maximum of 3 times depending on how much meter they have, every other option will beat punished by 2 1, and non Ex versions beat out by 2 1.

Its clear that you've never played against a proper bird Lao, otherwise you'd understand what is being talked about. PL is the only other one that does it.