What's new

Match-up Discussion Sindel Matchup Discussion Thread

Dsynkronized

Tierless
okay one thing needs to be adressed from the jump people stop saying that you go to tournaments like ur the only damn person ever have to played in an offline tournament its ridiculous and counter productive so just fucking shut that shit up ...now any way imo from my experience play boot nocka's noob which i mean aside from maybe one or two noob's is probably the best and at first about 10 games in i wold have considered this to be 5-5 but as we both got fimilar with this match up i start to say 6-4 noob, full screen noob can do damage to sindel but she wins period blackholes are dashed out of and any attempt to throw any clone to conter her dash and in general with be everytime and should be jumpped and fireballed immediatly noobs up knee shadow can be baited on a jump with low fireball to stop her forward momentum and punished to establish and inside advatage in which she can close distance on noob. The problem with this match p is actally being withing jump distance is the worst place to be and noob can force that sitation over and over...from this distance he can reaction teleport to almost everything and when your forced to respect it, it becomes an up hill battle to gain any kind of momentum back

Dsynkronized

Tierless
Mr. Mileena , so what does the Mileena vs Jade matchup come down to? Who can rush who down first, or who ever can zone better. The only way Sindel is getting hit by a boomerrang is from a up rang so Jade can't really zone her.
jade is honestly can do extremely well against sindel.. her flash and barrage of boomerangs from fll screen can hold you out for long enough for it too count for something and mid range is jst jades strong game. her ex shadow kick can reestablish distance and her normals for the most part are better and quicker

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I cant seem to find any high level sindel matchs to watch
can someone please link a whole bunch to me. Id be eternaly grateful
ill try and set up a night to record some of my matches.. i want to record matches with Mr. Mileena and Pig Of The Hut as long as they arent mileena. also vs RunwayMafia and m2dave

who ever else ill record some matches..

also its interesting to see mr mileena and myself do sindel vs sindel.. its rush down vs zoning sindel very fucking close intense matches..

ill try and set up a night to record some of my matches.. i want to record matches with Mr. Mileena and Pig Of The Hut as long as they arent mileena. also vs RunwayMafia and m2dave

who ever else ill record some matches..

also its interesting to see mr mileena and myself do sindel vs sindel.. its rush down vs zoning sindel very fucking close intense matches..
I'd rather not for two things.

I just got my new ps2 pad so i suck right now.
I want to surprise people at texas showdown :)

then ill record after april 8th lol

AestheticLove

Staff Tier
you have to play it rushdown :p

jade controls the zoning
We'll have to play some more then, i remember playing your Sindel and it goes back and forth. Maybe I'm just bad at zoning, but i though Sindel controlled the match, because the rangs are slow and Sindel has like 8 projectiles. As for rushdown, i think they're about even, Sindel can handle Jade and vise versa.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I'd rather not for two things.

I just got my new ps2 pad so i suck right now.
I want to surprise people at texas showdown :)

then ill record after april 8th lol
try going from stick to pad lolol I got so mad at final round I destroyed my brand new pad lolol I'm stick 100%.

What you can do is open up the ps3 pad and detach the battery. RunwayMafia said he iked the ps3 pad better then the ps2 pad. So maybe you should do that instead. And then everyone turning me down and not letting me use their sticks was not Kool. Only one guy said yes but he vanished when it was my turn to play :(

But yea after April 8th we'll set something up.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

DanCock

Cock Master!!
We'll have to play some more then, i remember playing your Sindel and it goes back and forth. Maybe I'm just bad at zoning, but i though Sindel controlled the match, because the rangs are slow and Sindel has like 8 projectiles. As for rushdown, i think they're about even, Sindel can handle Jade and vise versa.
yea sindel is better in the rush down vs jade. Zoning actually a well timed Fiaf works vs jade. But jade does control the zoning a little. Thankfully she doesn't have a teleport or sindel would be fucked.

try going from stick to pad lolol I got so mad at final round I destroyed my brand new pad lolol I'm stick 100%.

What you can do is open up the ps3 pad and detach the battery. RunwayMafia said he iked the ps3 pad better then the ps2 pad. So maybe you should do that instead. And then everyone turning me down and not letting me use their sticks was not Kool. Only one guy said yes but he vanished when it was my turn to play :(

But yea after April 8th we'll set something up.

lol too much work/

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
let me ask why Mileena is not 4-6 that 2 whiffing on a crouch blocking mileena is frustrating and the telekick bothers me soo much

DanCock

Cock Master!!
let me ask why Mileena is not 4-6 that 2 whiffing on a crouch blocking mileena is frustrating and the telekick bothers me soo much
it is 4-6. Only time mileena loses this match up, is when the mileena player telekicks stupidly.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I hate the Mileena/Kitana vs Sindel MUs a lot. Sindel is a very good turtle like what Mr. Mileena said. I've played KeyWestBoi on XBL months back before he retired MK, he seriously made Sindel look Goddess tier the way he plays he can beat any character even her worst MUs. I would love to see Mr. Mileena showcase his Sindel at his next tournament OR any Sindel player at the upcoming tournaments that will be streamed. She's heavily underrated, no way in hell she is low tier.

Dsynkronized

Tierless
like i said ill be at civil war and ect4 i am decent with her and still about a month and a half in learning different situationals and different mixups so staying on this pace will hpefully put me at a good place when it comes time

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
those characters with extremely low hit boxes totally screw her pressure. also Mr. Mileena I see you changed the cage matchup to 5-5 y is this? is it mainly cuz of her lack or an armored move to get out once cage gets in, or the backing into corner thing? cuz the eh step up does switch that around. Just wondering

Dsynkronized

Tierless
enhanced step up might work but if u get baited your right back in frame traps or worse combo to nut punch followed by more frame traps jc up close with high level person is an up hill battle

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
enhanced step up might work but if u get baited your right back in frame traps or worse combo to nut punch followed by more frame traps jc up close with high level person is an up hill battle
What situation can EN Step up get you out of JC pressure, it has no armour and isnt all that thrilling on startup or block...

What situation can EN Step up get you out of JC pressure, it has no armour and isnt all that thrilling on startup or block...
Your best bet is to poke your way out.
The invincibility is too random, and plus, once it is baited, you're back in the pressure.

try and not block his f3 low, and poke your way out
=]

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Well I still love my B-man but I've picked up Sindel too!

Geez louise and I thought Baraka had shitty match-ups..Yeah whenever I play Lao I get blown the F up..now I know why I guess..

DanCock

Cock Master!!
ok so slight change to my match up chart. i now have it at 149 for sindel.

Vs Sheeva 6-4
Vs Baraka 6-4
Vs Stryker 6-4
Vs Kano 6-4
Vs Subzer0 6-4

Vs Noob- 5.5-4.5
Vs Kenshi 5.5-4.5
Vs Cage 5.5-4.5
Vs Nightwolf- 5.5-4.5

Vs Sonya 5-5
vs Kitana 5.5
VS Jade 5-5
vs Quan- 5-5
vs Shang- 5-5
Vs lui Kang- 5-5
Vs Rain 5-5
Vs Skarlet 5-5
Vs Cyber- 5-5
Vs Cyrax 5.5
VS Freddy 5-5

Bad Matchups

Vs Sektor- 4.5-5.5
Vs Scorpion 4.5-5.5
Vs Ermac 4.5-5.5
VS Jax 4.5-5.5

Vs Smoke- 4-6
Vs Kung Lao- 4-6
Vs Raiden 4-6
Vs Mileena 4-6
Vs Kabal 4-6
Vs Reptile - 4-6

Mr. Mileena
i decided to put our match up chart side by side to see where we disagree and can start discussing and helping each other get better in these match ups..

red is your match up chart.

Vs Sheeva 6-4 Vs Sheeva 6-4
Vs Baraka 6-4 Vs Baraka 6-4
Vs Kano 6-4 Vs Kano 6-4
Vs Subzer0 6-4 Vs Subzero- 6-4

VS Jade 5-5 Vs Jade- 5-5
vs Shang- 5-5 vs Shang- 5-5
Vs lui Kang- 5-5 Vs lui Kang- 5-5
Vs Rain 5-5 Vs Rain 5-5
Vs Skarlet 5-5 Vs Skarlet 5-5
Vs Cyber- 5-5 Vs Cyber- 5-5
VS Freddy 5-5 Vs Freddy 5-5
Bad Matchups

Vs Kung Lao- 4-6 Vs Kung Lao- 4-6
Vs Raiden 4-6 Vs Raiden 4-6
Vs Kabal 4-6 Vs Kabal 4-6
Vs Reptile - 4-6 Vs Reptile - 4-6

Vs Sonya 5-5 Vs Sonya - 5.5 - 4.5 ~ i had once thought that this was in sindels favor however when that cartwheel armor is used right it really makes it hard for sindel to do any rush down.. how do you deal with the armor when you attempt rush down?? im totally down to agreeing with this being 5.5-4.5 in sindel favor like you have it

Vs Mileena 4-6 Vs Mileena 4.5-5.5 i really think this is still in mileenas favor. mileena actually can use her slower frame attacks in this match up due to sindel having slower attacks as well. mileenas d+4. her 4,2 followed by d+3, a throw whatever mis up she tries. all kinds of stuff mileena can do up close to sindel that mileena cant do to other characters. mileena doesnt even need to telekick. if sindel jumps she eats easy full combos via roll or air sai. hard to low fireball under mileenas fireball. lots of trade offs that in the end doesnt favor sindel..
Mileena controls this match up way too much. IMO it is 4-6 Mileena.

Vs Smoke- 4-6 Vs Smoke 5-5 i had agreed with you and had this 5-5 but watching smoke played at the highest level by cdjr and Detroitballn really makes me say this is in smokes favor. either of us need to set some time to play cd jrs or balln's smoke at the next tourney they are there with us.. right now ill say your right at 5-5

Vs Scorpion 4.5-5.5 Vs Scorpion 6-4 hmm i disagree with you having this is sindels favor.. sindel cant levi cancel rush down him due to his low armor and quick d+1. he has a decent d+4 his Air teleport is good at punishing her fireballs. however she can stop any of his wake ups, his wake up take down can be ignored by using b+1 (havent tried to see if this works at others times other then him waking up). his enhanced teleport can be punished with d+1 into special, his vortex can be quite annoying at times. this one is tough. i have kind of changed my mind while thinking about this. damn tough one im going to say this is 5-5.

Vs Sektor- 4.5-5.5 Vs Sektor- 5-5 i say he has the slight advantage in this match up. Instant telepunch, 6 frame punish and due to her big hit box she is one of the few characters where his annoying strings always hit her block ducking and dont whiff. some top sektor players are unaware of this fact and dont abuse it due to them thinking its like fighting most of the cast.

Vs Noob- 5.5-4.5 Vs Noob- 4-6 ~ this match up is so in sindels favor. fireball trade offs are in her favor 8% to 7/6%. she has the better rush down game. she can also totally dodge his clones by jumping them and instantly do a fireball
and he gets hit because he recovers so shitty afterwards. since the 1.04 patch she can jump in do a fireball and totally miss his upknee anti air punish. full combo punish off a blocked teleslam. again she is better at rush down, you could totally mind fuck noobs upclose. this is in her favor not in his..

Vs Kenshi 5.5-4.5 Vs Kenshi - 5-5 ~ we pretty much agree on this one. not much to say, i feel she has the slight advantage but ill agree and say you are right at 5-5.

Vs Cage 5.5-4.5 Vs Cage- 5-5 ~ we pretty much agree on this one. not much to say, i feel she has the slight advantage but ill agree and say you are right at 5-5.

Vs Ermac 4.5-5.5 Vs Ermac 5-5 ~ this one is a interesting match up. i find it interesting you find it even. ermacs can be a major pain in the ass. id put it at a boardiline 4-6 in his favor. i played alot of good ermacs.

VS Jax 4.5-5.5 Vs Jax 5-5 we pretty much agree on this one. not much to say, i feel he has the slight advantage but ill agree and say you are right at 5-5.

Vs Cyrax 5.5 Vs Cyrax 4-6 ~ i feel we should compromise on this one and say its 5.5-4.5 in his favor.. i mean she can control this match up from a distance by using FIAF's and preventing him from opening his chest. she can jump Forward over his nets and punish with JIP combos. his teleport is easily punished by her. the key to this match up is to prevent him from opening his chest. however once he does he can take over with his HUGE reset combos.. if there ever is a patch for him and those resets get removed, ouch this match up can get ugly for him..

vs Quan- 5-5 vs Quan- 6-4 we pretty much agree on this one. not much to say, ill agree and say you are right at 6-4. good quans can be a bitch though. like reos and shudinky.

vs Kitana 5.5 vs Kitana 4-6 ~ your probably right, but i feel that if im on point and dont fuck up this is 5-5. im willing to say your right but like i said if im on point i feel i could win this more then lose.

Vs Nightwolf- 5.5-4.5 Vs Nightwolf- 5-5 i feel she has the slight edge in this one. kind of like fighting kenshi. dont have to worry about reflect, bait them out with d,f 3 then IFAF 1. easy to jump over his rhino charge and fireball punish (you could probably do a better punish). upclose he has a slight advantage but she can poke out and get away.

Vs Stryker 6-4 Vs Stryker- 5-5 ~ i feel this is a match up is in sindels favor. a jump kick into d,f+3 can punish his roll try and if the fireball misses him the push back with the fireball allows her to still avoid the roll at full screen. high in the air fireballs and low fireballs hit him, while his stuff doesnt touch her. she forces him to try and play upclose which he is slightly better, but lets get real --> he isnt sonya, jax and J Cage upclose.. she has the advantage in this match up.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Vs Noob- 5.5-4.5 Vs Noob- 4-6 ~ this match up is so in sindels favor. fireball trade offs are in her favor 8% to 7/6%. she has the better rush down game. she can also totally dodge his clones by jumping them and instantly do a fireball
and he gets hit because he recovers so shitty afterwards. since the 1.04 patch she can jump in do a fireball and totally miss his upknee anti air punish. full combo punish off a blocked teleslam. again she is better at rush down, you could totally mind fuck noobs upclose. this is in her favor not in his..

Vs Cyrax 5.5 Vs Cyrax 4-6 ~ i feel we should compromise on this one and say its 5.5-4.5 in his favor.. i mean she can control this match up from a distance by using FIAF's and preventing him from opening his chest. she can jump Forward over his nets and punish with JIP combos. his teleport is easily punished by her. the key to this match up is to prevent him from opening his chest. however once he does he can take over with his HUGE reset combos.. if there ever is a patch for him and those resets get removed, ouch this match up can get ugly for him..

vs Kitana 5.5 vs Kitana 4-6 ~ your probably right, but i feel that if im on point and dont fuck up this is 5-5. im willing to say your right but like i said if im on point i feel i could win this more then lose.
Cyrax is the bombs, nets, his teleport, high damage output is hard for Sindel to keep up.

Kitana controls the air, Sindel has her low fireball advantage but Kitana does high damage and the range of her combo starters 2,1 F4,1 F2,1 Jump Kick~Fan all lead to high damage, it will be hard for Sindel to compete and have a comeback. Also trading low fireball with Kitana's ground fans still hit as her second fan will still cut Sindel.

I played the Noob Saibot match up against Flawedzilla and Boot Nocka many, many times - the way they play Noob Saibot it's very hard for Sindel to get in the Upshadow stuffs her offense, air fireball is a guessing risk because he can teleport on reaction, trade shadow tackles/slides with her ground fireballs. The good thing is that Noob Saibot doesn't do high damage so if Sindel gets in or bait his teleport, she can pretty much punish 30-40% combo.

Those numbers are right (agree with Mr. Mileena) based online and in theory, offline those numbers may even still be the same.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Cyrax is the bombs, nets, his teleport, high damage output is hard for Sindel to keep up.

Kitana controls the air, Sindel has her low fireball advantage but Kitana does high damage and the range of her combo starters 2,1 F4,1 F2,1 Jump Kick~Fan all lead to high damage, it will be hard for Sindel to compete and have a comeback. Also trading low fireball with Kitana's ground fans still hit as her second fan will still cut Sindel.

I played the Noob Saibot match up against Flawedzilla and Boot Nocka many, many times - the way they play Noob Saibot it's very hard for Sindel to get in the Upshadow stuffs her offense, air fireball is a guessing risk because he can teleport on reaction, trade shadow tackles/slides with her ground fireballs. The good thing is that Noob Saibot doesn't do high damage so if Sindel gets in or bait his teleport, she can pretty much punish 30-40% combo.

Those numbers are right (agree with Mr. Mileena) based online and in theory, offline those numbers may even still be the same.
vs cyrax learn to master d,d,u, d, f+1. This prevents him from opening his chest. This also helps fighting reptile.
Never jump back on the nets either block or jump forward and punish with air fireball or jip. His teleport?)?? What about his teleport gives you problems???

Why are you trying to get in on noob??? Zone with him you win the fireball trade offs. If he has a clone come out you can quickly do a up forward (which will jump over clone) and instant fireball which will hit him because he's still recovering from doing a clone. I'll try and set up some matches with this flawzila dude and record. I'm on Xbox for a few more weeks.

FYI - "Also trading low fireball with Kitana's ground fans still hit as her second fan will still cut Sindel." that is false. Low fireball ducks under both fans. A high in the air fireball with sindel will hit kitana in the air. Always check kitana with ifaf after a fireball hits. My problem vs good Kitanas is I get into my stupid bad habits. The biggest bad habit is low fireball mid screen which you don't ever Ever want to do vs kitana.

I have played sindel for over a year. Im not an idiot when using her. My issue using sindel is my mediocre rush down game, which I'm slowly getting better at. You on Xbox or ps3. We should play some games. I have off from work all day today.

Sindel cannot zone noob. His teleport shuts her zoning game down.
Same with Kitana, she controls the air, and when she gets close to you, it's a nightmare.
A good cyrax will pressure you with bombs and nets, making it hard to even do levi fireball.

In no way does Sindel beat Kenshi, that is a bad matchup 4-6 for sindel, try fighting reo's kenshi

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
vs cyrax learn to master d,d,u, d, f+1. This prevents him from opening his chest. This also helps fighting reptile.
Never jump back on the nets either block or jump forward and punish with air fireball or jip. His teleport?)?? What about his teleport gives you problems???

Why are you trying to get in on noob??? Zone with him you win the fireball trade offs. If he has a clone come out you can quickly do a up forward (which will jump over clone) and instant fireball which will hit him because he's still recovering from doing a clone. I'll try and set up some matches with this flawzila dude and record. I'm on Xbox for a few more weeks.

FYI - "Also trading low fireball with Kitana's ground fans still hit as her second fan will still cut Sindel." that is false. Low fireball ducks under both fans. A high in the air fireball with sindel will hit kitana in the air. Always check kitana with ifaf after a fireball hits. My problem vs good Kitanas is I get into my stupid bad habits. The biggest bad habit is low fireball mid screen which you don't ever Ever want to do vs kitana.

I have played sindel for over a year. Im not an idiot when using her. My issue using sindel is my mediocre rush down game, which I'm slowly getting better at. You on Xbox or ps3. We should play some games. I have off from work all day today.

With Cyrax, I meant if he catches Sindel in the air doing a fireball, he teleports behind her njp into a combo. Far as the regular teleport by itself, I usually D1~Cartwheel since they usually try to jump over her.

Flawedzilla is the Noob Saibot tournament player from Las Vegas, Boot Nocka is like the same level as him too - the best Noob Saibot players that I've played on XBL. GT for Boot Nocka is this. GT for Flawedzilla is IGL Flawedzilla. You should definitely hit them up for some matches, they both play Noob Saibot differently from the normal ones you see in the lobbies.

Sindel's Low Fireball midscreen is a killer haha very, very true. I get Jump Kicked~Fan combo'd for that and F2,1 launched into a combo. I hate playing against Kitana with Sindel, what I do enjoy is when Kitana players fly across the screen and I use Sindel's Hair Whip to grab them lmao.

I have PS3 but I rarely go online there anymore, the lag and loading the lobbies take forever for names to appear. I'm on XBL right now, I stopped playing at the beginning of the month then all of a sudden XBL Gold offered me 1 month for $1 so I'm back online for the time being. What is your GT on XBL? Mine is RTM2004 you can add me later tonight I'll be online, I hate Sindel mirrors the funny thing I always play rushdown like KeyWestBoi used to do, his Sindel is gdlk (before he retired for SCV) then my opponent the other Sindel player dissolves the match into a fireball spam war >.> But definitely that would be cool if we could run some matches, I thought you were on PSN only and do private matches like Mr. Mileena.