What's new

Match-up Discussion Sindel Matchup Discussion Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Showtime Mr. Mileena When Reptile is in that ass the matchup definitely ends up in his favor, but she does a really good job at keeping him out. She does have to kinda guess when she's zoning him though?? Hmm...idk I didn't take that into account.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I don't think that Reptile Sindel is 4-6, that may just be me though, I've really started coming around to 5-5 on that one.
You aren't alone on this.

Angled air fireballs make it hard to actually advance with dash in reality. This is something I realized playing vs Skarlet. Also, I've noticed Sindel has a pretty decent range advantage on Reptile due to 4 alone (I honestly think her footsies are something that really should be explored, because I really do think she has potential here). The thing that kills her is her wakeup defense vs Reptile is horrible because he neuters it so bad. That and how she has no answer to a blocked EX dash other than JKAF or d1/d3. I don't think up close for her is THAT bad. Reptile's standard offense is serviceable, but it's not that amazing and has a lot of holes mainly due to how sluggish his normals are in the first place.

With the way this game is changing, and how much more important footsies are becoming, I don't think this matchup could be a 6-4 Reptile anymore. I actually haven't for a while.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
It's 6-4 reptile. Reptile punishes sindels footsies. I believe raiden and him can fuck it up consistently better then The other characters. IAFs can be jumped over then a quick dash puts him right in sindels face. I'm almost positive if sindel does 44 In the middle After the first 4 if it's whiffed, dash will punish it. I'm not sure if the first 4 hits (blocking) he can punish in the middle but I wouldn't be surprised if he could.

She may stop you from putting out a force ball, but try spitting it comes put faster then start pumping out the force ball. Once reptile has a force ball on screen, he once again can dash In.

What makes this only a 6-4 in His favor is her FIAFs and footsies. Let's not forget he has armor slide, pop one of those out knock her to the ground then prevent her from waking up with dash dash dash dash ahhhhhhhhh get in her face and FINISH HER?!!

You reptile players underestimate your character big time, then we have the opposite in the ermac kummunity where they Overestimate it's funny.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

THTB

It's 6-4 reptile. Reptile punishes sindels footsies. I believe raiden and him can fuck it up consistently better then The other characters. IAFs can be jumped over then a quick dash puts him right in sindels face. I'm almost positive if sindel does 44 In the middle After the first 4 if it's whiffed, dash will punish it. I'm not sure if the first 4 hits (blocking) he can punish in the middle but I wouldn't be surprised if he could.

She may stop you from putting out a force ball, but try spitting it comes put faster then start pumping out the force ball. Once reptile has a force ball on screen, he once again can dash In.

What makes this only a 6-4 in His favor is her FIAFs and footsies. Let's not forget he has armor slide, pop one of those out knock her to the ground then prevent her from waking up with dash dash dash dash ahhhhhhhhh get in her face and FINISH HER?!!

You reptile players underestimate your character big time, then we have the opposite in the ermac kummunity where they Overestimate it's funny.

Whiff punishing 44 with dash works, but if I'm late, I eat the second 4 to the face into a scream combo since you're airborne on that hit. Also, even if I jump to get over air fireball, I'm pretty sure unless I'm less than 1/2 screen you can land and hair whip in time if you do it low enough. Or you can jump again and do close air fireball and I have to either respect that, or jump again. And if you snuff jump, you can flight cancel, land and AA me.

I can spit, but you can low fireball as well, which also stops slide and dash. Armoring through air fireball is also tricky, because basically only closer than 1/2 screen is it reliable.

Yeah, he punishes her normals consistently if you whiff. Fact is, she still outranges him on 4 alone. I can't just play Reptile dashing all over the place.

Again, Reptile's pressure isn't that amazing. Not saying it's bad, but it has holes that Sindel can exploit simply because she has a d3 that's only outsped by dash, but dash actually gets stopped by d3s anyway. Not to mention d1 is 6f...no it's not going to save her entirely, but it puts her at +frames on stand hit.

I'm not underestimating Reptile...in fact I still think he's top 10 material easily and is one of the most competitive solo characters not top 5. I just think with how the game is turning out now, Sindel likely does better vs Reptile than everyone thinks. Don't get me wrong, I still have it in his favor, but not 6-4. 5.5-4.5 to me.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
if the first 4 whiffs reptile can definitely dash before the second 4. it's almost not worth it to try and dash after a whiffed 4 for risk of bein put into full combo though. you cant dash between if first 4 is blocked though that would suck. one good thing for sindel is that it's hard for reptile to make the first 4 whiff because his back dash and walk speed are soo slow. also sindel can 44 iafb to make it hard to punish if you don't time the whiff punish fast enough you'll eat the fb and give her more pressure. what does sindel have to punish a blocked dash though. nothing but she can start mixups and pressure. different speed force balls make wakeup low fireball very risky.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Sindel's normals are slow to punish Reptile's Dash consistently. Mr. Mileena said 1~Ex Scream works as a combo starter. I usually settle for Grab or Uppercut on reaction because of his speed. Reptile is a problem from full screen to up close for Sindel. Full screen she can't Levitate in the air to avoid projectiles like she could with Freddy so she is forced to jump over a Forceball closing in or block which Reptile can Dash forward to close space which is the last thing she wants Reptile in her face. Air Fireballs and Low Fireballs only work for so long that Reptile can get in fast by planting Forceballs and using his armored Ex Slide to get past her zoning. The most annoying is Sindel's normals, special moves and poking game gets beat by his Dash priority. It's a bad match up for Sindel, not sure what useful tips she can use against a high level offline Reptile player though.

LEGEND

YES!

i don't think the Ermac players are overestimating anything

he can counter zoning with his iAT. every time he touches you, wether it be a backwards JPa an AA D1 or a normal string he gets a full combo and/or reset. He can punish everything and punish it hard. his uppercut has serious range and AA properties (also leads to 40% combos). B2 charge mix-ups and a vortex. Good footsies. Frame traps. and lets not forget iAB neutralizing any attempt at a poke game or attack after a 0 string. oh, and he has a near full screen reaching move that can't be punished aside from a select few special moves

THTB

Sindel's normals are slow to punish Reptile's Dash consistently. Mr. Mileena said 1~Ex Scream works as a combo starter. I usually settle for Grab or Uppercut on reaction because of his speed. Reptile is a problem from full screen to up close for Sindel. Full screen she can't Levitate in the air to avoid projectiles like she could with Freddy so she is forced to jump over a Forceball closing in or block which Reptile can Dash forward to close space which is the last thing she wants Reptile in her face. Air Fireballs and Low Fireballs only work for so long that Reptile can get in fast by planting Forceballs and using his armored Ex Slide to get past her zoning. The most annoying is Sindel's normals, special moves and poking game gets beat by his Dash priority. It's a bad match up for Sindel, not sure what useful tips she can use against a high level offline Reptile player though.
If you have anything 12f or faster, which Sindel does have, punishing dash isn't that hard. Uppercut is very reliable, and 1 xx EX scream is 35% + Reptile's full screen. Yeah, it's a bar used, but it's a bar well spent, and enough to get me afraid of even thinking about trying to dash like a total idiot. Because then I have to get back close to you, and there's no guarantee I'm gonna get in without taking some fireballs to the face.

Reptiles (Good ones at least) aren't going to be dashing in 44's range all the time. Yes, there's less risk vs Sindel, but if it's not getting me anywhere outside of losing health, why keep doing it? Especially with that in mind. Dash beats out a lot of grounded normals, yes, but it's still a risky move.

Try throwing fireballs and air fireballs from a range where it's hard to EX slide on reaction, and where it's also hard to put projectiles on the screen. You can't play this matchup sitting from full screen all the time.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i don't think the Ermac players are overestimating anything

he can counter zoning with his iAT. every time he touches you, wether it be a backwards JPa an AA D1 or a normal string he gets a full combo and/or reset. He can punish everything and punish it hard. his uppercut has serious range and AA properties (also leads to 40% combos). B2 charge mix-ups and a vortex. Good footsies. Frame traps. and lets not forget iAB neutralizing any attempt at a poke game or attack after a 0 string. oh, and he has a near full screen reaching move that can't be punished aside from a select few special moves
I don't understand this post?? I think ermac is better then sindel in a vs match up. All of that works wonders vs sindel, What are you trying to prove???? His TKP even sindel can block it dash and do a mix up to punish before he gets another one out.

Ermac players do over estimate their character vs other characters in the game. I seen their match up chart and I just LOL

Punish reptiles dash with 1 xx :en scream or what ever

LEGEND

YES!
I don't understand this post?? I think ermac is better then sindel in a vs match up. All of that works wonders vs sindel, What are you trying to prove???? His TKP even sindel can block it dash and do a mix up to punish before he gets another one out.

Ermac players do over estimate their character vs other characters in the game. I seen their match up chart and I just LOL

Punish reptiles dash with 1 xx :en scream or what ever
A list of his great properties. thats all

some of his MU chart is overstated i'll admit but he doesn't get 3-7ed by anyone and he wrecks or hold his own vs alot of the top characters. He's pretty damn good man

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
I think being able to low fb under his projectile would somewhat make the Ermac matchup a little more bearable, and could be helpful in baiting his teleport from full screen.. As it is now, he can lock you down with his own zoning, and it's always risky to go for an air fireball, because you have to respect his own projectile, and the teleport into a damaging combo is always looming. Approaching him carelessly is just as dangerous for Sindel as the rest of the cast, if not more so.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Ermac is not a problem for Sindel except when he has the life lead because of his high damage combos which she got punished in the first place. Trading Sindel Fireballs with Ermac is not a good thing because you both take the damage and he can Teleport on reaction stuns her which allows him to F4/Grab mix ups. Sindel should duck Ermac's Fireballs and play the turtle game, that is how she wins the match up. One blocked Ermac Teleport, Sindel gets lucky to punish him with 40% which is good but Sindel shouldn't be playing her zoning game with him. The same thing can be said when she fights Smoke and Jade, her zoning with Fireballs is out of the question so she must play rushdown which is very underrated... example would be KeyWestBoi who is lethal up close when he plays Sindel in ANY match up. Faded Dreams V's Smoke has experienced KeyWestBoi's brutal Sindel in her up close game which her zoning game became non-existent. Sindel can be played different ways: zoner against Sub-Zero, a close up rushdown game against Smoke/Jade and a great turtle (Mr. Mileena described her) against teleporters which give her problems. Reptile's speed gives her trouble, more than Mileena. Mr. Mileena played Sindel perfectly at Texas Showdown against Raiden, it was great overcoming that match up. To be quite honest, I think Kung Lao is Sindel's worst match up now as Raiden moved down... not sure but judging from her MU list it boils down to Kung Lao now.

After heavy grinding since Texas Showdown, I have updated her Matchup List, and boy, is the Queen Severely underrated.
We will be discussing her on the D4cast this week, so tune in. I will be going by this matchup list.
DanCock agree, disagree?

Baraka- 6/4
Cyber Sub-Zero- ?/? (refer to the bottom of list)
Cyrax- 5/5
Ermac- 5/5
Freddy- 5/5
Jade- 5/5
Jax- ?/?
Johnny Cage- 5/5
Kabal- 4/6
Kano- 6/4
Kenshi- 4/6
Kitana 4/6
Kung Lao- 4/6
Liu Kang- 5/5
Mileena- ?/?
Nightwolf- 5/5
Noob- 5/5
Quan- 6/4
Raiden- 5/5
Rain- 6/4
Reptile- 4/6
Scorpion- 5/5
Sektor- 5/5
Shang- 5/5
Sheeva- 6/4
Skarlet-5/5
Smoke- 5/5
Sonya- 5/5
Stryker- 5/5
Sub-Zero- 5/5

Bad Matchups: Kabal, Kenshi, Kitana, Kung Lao, and Reptile
Possible 5/5's or 4/6's: Mileena, Jax, Cyber Sub-zero

Reptile could also be a possible 5/5

Overall, Sindel has a few Mu's in her favor, but she goes even with majority of the cast, mainly because she forces you to come in, whether you have the life lead or not, and her rushdown is HEAVILY HEAVILY underrated, which I will go over with VIDEO, on the d4 cast <3

Tune in xoxo

DanCock

Cock Master!!
After heavy grinding since Texas Showdown, I have updated her Matchup List, and boy, is the Queen Severely underrated.
We will be discussing her on the D4cast this week, so tune in. I will be going by this matchup list.
DanCock agree, disagree?

Baraka- 6/4
Cyber Sub-Zero- ?/? (refer to the bottom of list)
Cyrax- 5/5
Ermac- 5/5
Freddy- 5/5
Jade- 5/5
Jax- ?/?
Johnny Cage- 5/5
Kabal- 4/6
Kano- 6/4
Kenshi- 4/6
Kitana 4/6
Kung Lao- 4/6
Liu Kang- 5/5
Mileena- ?/?
Nightwolf- 5/5
Noob- 5/5
Quan- 6/4
Raiden- 5/5
Rain- 6/4
Reptile- 4/6
Scorpion- 5/5
Sektor- 5/5
Shang- 5/5
Sheeva- 6/4
Skarlet-5/5
Smoke- 5/5
Sonya- 5/5
Stryker- 5/5
Sub-Zero- 5/5

Bad Matchups: Kabal, Kenshi, Kitana, Kung Lao, and Reptile
Possible 5/5's or 4/6's: Mileena, Jax, Cyber Sub-zero

Reptile could also be a possible 5/5

Overall, Sindel has a few Mu's in her favor, but she goes even with majority of the cast, mainly because she forces you to come in, whether you have the life lead or not, and her rushdown is HEAVILY HEAVILY underrated, which I will go over with VIDEO, on the d4 cast <3

Tune in xoxo
I have a couple disagreements but overall still the same.

A few examples I feel it's sindel 6-4 over kenshi. And Kung Lao Is 7-3 over her.

I was invited by gamerblake to be on the d4 cast with you guys.

She also doesn't force every character to come to her. But characters like cage, Sonya and jax she does which allows her to play major footsies and fuck with them

peachyO

Noob
DanCock and Mr. Mileena are quite correct: the Queen is far more formidable than most would imagine; her MU chart is enviable. this chart is great shit :) i agree that she goes 6/4 over kenshi, and i belive her to go 5/5 with jax, csz, reptile, and mileena. i also feel she is 6/4 over stryker. admittedly, though, kung lao is probably her worst match up, and she struggles against kabal as well :( but she is SOOO much better than she's given credit for. very underrated corner game as well as her rushdown!

DanCock

Cock Master!!
im going to throw out the numbers and just list in order from the characters i would least like to face to the ones id be glad to face.. this is just my personal list not a tier listing. i will say that the 3 numbers i would change on Mr. Mileenas list is the Kung lao ~ i would change it to 7-3
Sektor ~ to 6-4
Kenshi ~ to 5-5

i no longer lose to "second class" mileenas

Characters i would atm least like to face in any kind of tournament setting

1 ~ Kung Lao
2 ~ Kabal
3 ~ Reptile
4 ~ Raiden
5 ~ Sektor

Characters that if i face im extremely unsure and feeling not confident at all

6 ~ Ermac
7 ~ Scorpion
8 ~ Smoke
9 ~ Cyrax
10 ~ Jax
11 ~ Cyber Sub-Zero
12 ~ Mileena

characters that i feel confident i could beat, just as long as i play smart and out play my foe

13 ~ Kitana
14 ~ Johnny Cage
15 ~ Jade
16 ~ Sonya
17 ~ Shang
18 ~ Kenshi
19 ~ Freddy
20 ~ Quan
21 ~ Skarlet

22 ~ Sheeva
23 ~ Noob
24 ~ Liu Kang
25 ~ Baraka
26 ~ Nightwolf
27 ~ Rain
28 ~ Stryker
29 ~ Sub-Zero
30 ~ Kano
31 ~ sindel

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
Baraka- 6/4
Cyber Sub-Zero- 5/5
Cyrax- 5/5
Ermac- 5/5
Freddy- 5/5
Jade- 5/5
Jax- 6/4
Johnny Cage- 5/5
Kabal- 4/6
Kano- 6/4
Kenshi- 4/6
Kitana 5/5
Kung Lao- 3/7
Liu Kang- 5/5
Mileena- 4/6
Nightwolf- 5/5
Noob- 5/5
Quan- 6/4
Raiden- 5/5
Rain- 5/5
Reptile- 4/6
Scorpion- 5/5
Sektor- 4/6
Shang- 5/5
Sheeva- 5/5
Skarlet-4/6
Smoke- 5/5
Sonya- 5/5
Stryker- 5/5
Sub-Zero- 6/4

This would be how i would have the matchup list from my experiance and also from analyzing play and characters options. Only ones im not 100%

Kenshi may be 5/5
Cyber sub might have a slight favor
Johnny cage i feel could almost be in Sins favor but it depends on the match. If cage gets in its 7/3 Cage if Sin can keep good spacing its 7/3 Sin

Just my thoughts as im working with full matchup analysis for her and Mileena

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I know I commented earlier and said I thought Stryker v.s. Sindel was 6-4, my mind has changed from playing this match up a lot.

I agree with it being 5-5 after further experimentation and analysis of the match up.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Honestly the Baraka matchup is 5-5 with no .5s and possibly 5.5-4.5 in her favor with them. Her zoning can cause him a bit of trouble but with EX blade charge he can punish a low fireball(iaFs might be safe, I personally wait for the low fireball because of its horrible recovery). Once he gets is close he really doesnt have an advantage, but neither does she. His 6 frame d3 can stop some of the levi cancels, although those are a pain for him as well. But when he gets in his d4 range he can keep her at bay because of her poor range on pokes. Blade charge makes Sindel unable to back away from him and iAF or other ways to try and get out of pressure. He completely beats her in the corner game, Sindel has no reset and most of her most damaging combos come from launchers that can easily be blocked. He can bait her wakeups pretty easily and if she decides to stand up in block can F2 into slices for more pressure. His sweep is a good tool in this matchup, because if he knocks her down he can either bait the wakeup or go into F2 slices. If she blocks it he has a +11 frame advantage and can cancel into slices for more meter.

So really to break it down:

Corner game: Baraka advantage
His only true advantage in the matchup. He has his reset which makes it hard for Sindel to get out, has a 6 frame F44 to keep her from jumping out, with meter has the 50/50 with F2 EX slices or b31 b31 b31 F4. Sindel honestly doesnt seem to have a great corner game, but even if she does she can't reset the opponent like he can

Fullscreen: Sindel Advantage
Her zoning is where the 5.5 comes in imo. He is usually forced to walk forward and try to corner her. With EX blade charge you can only really safely punish a low fireball, although a mistimed iAF will be punished.

Midscreen: Even
He can only really use his D4, sweep, and blade charge. His D4 can keep her out of range because of her shorter range on pokes, he can punish any attempt to back away with a dash of his own or if she tries to fireball he can blade charge her out of the air. She has good footsie tools with F12 and 4,4 as well, so she makes it even here.

Upclose: Even
This is completely even. Her levi cancels can really pressure him and make him struggle. However his slices pressure can also make her struggle because it leaves him neutral on block and then it becomes a poke war. He also can cancel any string into slices, and she can cancel most of her strings with a levi cancel, but obviously those have different advantages/disadvantages. Baraka and Sindel both have frametraps I believe, Baraka with 2,2 1+2 F4 and Sindel with F12 b1.

Meter Building: Even
It is even because it depends on where they are on the screen. At fullscreen Sindel has a huge meter building advantage with her zoning. Up close Baraka has a huge meter building advantage because any string canceled into slices is 50% of one bar. 75% if he uses 2,2 1+2 slices

Meter Usage: Baraka advantage
As far as whose meter can be used more to their advantage, it would have to be Baraka. He can use meter for EX blade charge to get in. While Sindel can maybe use it for EX yell for combos, his meter puts him where he wants to be.

Combos: Even
Both of their combos can be ended to put their opponent where they want them to be. Baraka can end his combos in the F4 reset to be at +16 advantage and up close, while Sindel can end her combos in B2,4 hAF to put him at fullscreen.

Footsies: Even
Baraka has great footsies but honestly I think Sindel has really great footsies as well.

So basically she has an advantage at fullscreen, but other than that they pretty much go even in most of their game, save in the corner. As a Baraka player, I can tell you that cornering your opponent is harder than it looks :p

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
Great analysis however why i give the advantage to sin is exactly what you put at the end.
So basically she has an advantage at fullscreen, but other than that they pretty much go even in most of their game, save in the corner. As a Baraka player, I can tell you that cornering your opponent is harder than it looks :p
That advantage is her biggest weapon. She is a fullscreen dominator, if the Sin player uses correct spacing and doesn't get to spam happy she can control the match. Only reason i do not give it a 7/3 in her favor is his corner game and EX blade gives him a slight option. Still all of your points are valid.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Great analysis however why i give the advantage to sin is exactly what you put at the end.

That advantage is her biggest weapon. She is a fullscreen dominator, if the Sin player uses correct spacing and doesn't get to spam happy she can control the match. Only reason i do not give it a 7/3 in her favor is his corner game and EX blade gives him a slight option. Still all of your points are valid.
With EX blade charge I can get in her face. Or I could just bulldog it and corner her, even though I might be chipped and she might have meter she doesnt have any moves to stay away indefinitely. 4-6 is still a bit too much, I say 5.5-4.5 her favor.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I hate Sindel mirrors it's because my opponent in the Sindel mirrors dissolves the rest of the matches into a Fireball zoning way. I like to play Sindel close up because she is awesome, if only her frames were faster like her 4, Up4 and Uppercut she could be better and also improve the reach of her D1, faster normals would improve her Levitate-Cancel game too XD

Armor on Ex Yell would be cool it being a combo launcher. I would like armor on Ex Cartwheel so it would override pokes that stuff her wake up attack game maybe cross ups too. Not too sure if armor on Ex Yell would get stuffed with pokes but I guess we'll never know =(