What's new

Match-up Discussion Sindel Matchup Discussion Thread

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Realizing this is open ended as hell - how do the rest of you feel currently about Sindel? Are you happy with the patch buffs despite Sindel being considered low tier still? Do you feel the need for her to be improved further or accepting of where she currently stands?

I personally feel that there will always be a low tier and the extra work involved to get the most out of low tier characters is very rewarding.
She needs armor. Armored cartwheel or hair whip would be fantastic. A "get out of trouble/ armored special" is what's lacking, imo.

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
I totally agree with Runway an armor get off me would huge for Sindel. I still think she can surprise people and there is more to find with her.

it seems sindel has no answer for cross ups.
u4 is okay, but if it whiffs you're gonna get heavily punished

Any tips of cross up preventions?

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
it seems sindel has no answer for cross ups.
u4 is okay, but if it whiffs you're gonna get heavily punished

Any tips of cross up preventions?
Good reads with u4, well timed uppercuts are mainly what I use. Occasionally I've found that ex scream will hit people when they are slightly over the back of your head ,but its not reliable. She has nothing that I'm aware of that is really good for stuffing cross up attempts. If you get knocked down.....get good at blocking. Sometimes its about damage control and escaping.

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
Remember you can always NJP a cross up and u4 is probably her best. You can get lucky on screams and uppercuts but really the big thing with Sin is to just not let them get you in crossup position. She is great at keepaway.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Remember you can always NJP a cross up and u4 is probably her best. You can get lucky on screams and uppercuts but really the big thing with Sin is to just not let them get you in crossup position. She is great at keepaway.
This is true..but really? Mr.Kitana (Au_Mr_Mileena) go at it all the time and when we are both Sindel we are rushing down and causing chaos! I agree with Cali...she is great at keep away...but she is also fierce in the face...GET IN THERE...and be smart...you have to develop mechanics like reading when to do a D1...when to back up when they are doing cross ups...Sindel is viable!

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
This is true..but really? Mr.Kitana (Au_Mr_Mileena) go at it all the time and when we are both Sindel we are rushing down and causing chaos! I agree with Cali...she is great at keep away...but she is also fierce in the face...GET IN THERE...and be smart...you have to develop mechanics like reading when to do a D1...when to back up when they are doing cross ups...Sindel is viable!
Runway and i both play very different but i agree she can be fierce in close. You just have to judge the playstyle based on the opponant. Like against a Jax or JC you would probably want to stay away most of the time and against a shang tsung get in and smack the old man down.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
Based on usefulness, I'd say the best way to deal with cross-ups go:

U+4 - The hitbox on this is really good, and it's very easy to react to a cross-up and land this, you might be at a disadvantage if you whiff, but that's generally how anti-airs are supposed to work.
NJP - If someone is going for a cross-up then they won't have time to react with their own j.P, so you have to hit them before they actually do the final part of the cross-up, this requires good timing, but the nice thing about it is that it can lead to about 30% off of a hit-confirm.
Uppercut - This one is tricky, and it doesn't work all the time. Her uppercut is incredibly slow and it has a fairly small hitbox, so using it can be challenging most of the time. If you do land it, you also can't follow it up like a lot of character can, which isn't really important, but it's something you want to think about compared to her other anti-airs.

EX Scream, Hair Whip, Step Up don't qualify as real anti-air, they're just gimmicks and cannot be relied on as opposed to her actual anti-airs. However, Hair Whip's long reaching hitbox works wonders against catching jump outs or catching people during IAF.

x18x2xwildx

Something wicked this way comes.
So, what's Sindel's best option for dealing with a skilled Quan Chi player? I know she could bait the teleport, but given how the enhanced version now has armor and good Chi's will catch on and start directing it to mix up, I always find myself at a loss when playing against him :(

Urichinan

@Urichinan
So, what's Sindel's best option for dealing with a skilled Quan Chi player? I know she could bait the teleport, but given how the enhanced version now has armor and good Chi's will catch on and start directing it to mix up, I always find myself at a loss when playing against him :(
Instant Air Fireballs and Low Fireballs are important in this matchup. After every IAF you should block in case he tries to teleport, and Low Fireball every time he tries to throw out a skull. The matchup is always about reading the Quan Chi's attempts to get through zoning, because he's easily zoned. It just needs to be done cautiously.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
what i did was go into practice and learned all of his mix ups. once you do that you can start to properly block down or high and just punish his ass.. use IAFs alot and make sure to stay 3/4 screen away if your going to do different height air balls to avoid trance.

the most difficult matchups for me are Kung Lao and Noob Saibot. I cannot do shit against. I feel like it's 1-9 lol!

Any tips for noob?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
the most difficult matchups for me are Kung Lao and Noob Saibot. I cannot do shit against. I feel like it's 1-9 lol!

Any tips for noob?
Kung I understand, however not as bad as it use to be. Stay away from him as much as possible and be careful with low to the ground air fireballs. The higher the air fireball the better chance you have at hitting a quick teleport or dive. But really air fireballs should be avoided unless you know hes going to low hat.

Noob isn't that bad just do up forward fireballs instead of IAF and flight IAF. If you watch him do either of his clones just then quickly UF fireball. Then bait teleports with flight cancel. You should almost never get caught in the black hole resets due to her wake up low fireball.

Try fighting top mileenas and raidens with sindel :X Those are her true bad match ups.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Here are my opinions.

Bad Matchups-
Smoke 3.5-6.5 - its not too bad if you respect his shake, you can sometimes fool him though, and punish it. But his pressure is really something else, sindel really has no answer to his teleport pressure,.
Jade- 4-6 - Green flash, nuff said.
Noob- 3-7 - OMG, for me, it is horrible. any air fireballs will be punished by a teleport, he can trade with you, idk, i just dont like this matchup. sindels a great zoner, but noobs zoning + teleport makes this so much harder.
Raiden- 4-6 - His teleport shuts any type of zoning down, his pressure isn't too bad, but the fact you cannot zone limits sindel.
Kung Lao- 4-6 - Not as bad as it seems, but tough. Can trade a few projectiles, plus bait his teleport. Deadly pressure, dive kick moves him in, not too hard, but difficult nonetheless.
Sektor- 4.5-5.5 - His projectiles are a little hard to deal with, but can be overcome, his teleport shuts down youre zoning, and his homing missle forces you to stay grounded.

Mileena, Lui Kang, Kitana, were all meant to be bad MU's, but imo, they are 5-5. I've been doing very well against Mils and Kits, i need some more exp tho. IMO
Mileena vs Sindel- 5-5 - DO NOT JUMP- Respect her teleport. all you have to do is, stand block, and naked crouch as a sai passes you (or ex sai), then quickly stand block and repeat. punish all teleports, and rolls with 3 scream into combo, time your low fireballs right so it may go under her sai, trade carefully, DO NOT JUMP. it isnt too bad. Use 1 scream as an AA for a jumping mileena.
Lui kang- 5-5 can trade pretty well with him, bait out flying kicks and bicycle kicks to punish, his pressure is IMMENSE, but sindel can zone him pretty well
Kitana- 5-5 this one is a bit tougher, but can be done. Her fans are scarier, as are her jump kicks, but she has no teleport like mileena. low fireball her ground fans, zone her out carefully. back up and do scream to punish a square boost, or let the square boost pass you and quickly to hair grab before she lands.

Sonya, Subzero, and Jax are tossups

Sonya- Sindel controls the zoning VERY well. but once she's in or youre in the corner, it's deadly to you. You can't really AA her due to her Dive kick. (i want to say 5-5, but due to sonya's rushdown,) 4.5-5.5
Sub zero- Baiting out slides, and zoning him is nice, but if he's in, it can cause trouble. It is DEVASTATING when you're put in the corner (again, i want to say 5-5, but due to his corner pressure) 4.5-5.5
Jax, I'm kind of iffy on him, he can be zoned decently, but you push yourself to the corner, also, his lunge punch can cause problems. That i know of,, sindel does not have a small hitbox, so his pressure is immense. 4-6

Kabal- Sindel controls the zoning, but forces him to come in to her, which is a recipe for disaster, since she has no armor or fast startups 4-6

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Mr. Mileena vs jade hair whip becomes a useful move. This is no way a 4-6 match up. hair whip is good vs sheeva and one other character i forget who atm im tired..

Noob 3-7 wtf????????? Mileena 5-5 ??? I still question that. I think this has something to do with your great rush down and I zone well. Because I feel the opposite noob vs sindel 5-5 and mil vs sindel 3-7.

Your info on vs mil is sound advice though, can be tricky online. Vs smoke I feel it's more 4.5-5.5 him I don't fear the shake at all I only fear the teleport but flight cancels are good baits.

Vs noob you can wait for him to do any type of clone then up forward fireball to punish noob will get hot while you won't follow up with ifafb for chip damage. Bait out his teleport then full punish. Use low enhanced fireballs for trade off you both get knocked down but you'll wake up faster. This is a zoning battle where she should win since she is safer.

Both you and I need to put our heads together and come up with a proper list. With RunwayMafia

Sindelia vs cage you should never be trading fireball hits all air fireballs hit him or a simple walk forward low fireball will hit him while his goes past you. Stay far away, use flight double fireball, if you feel a armor shadow kick coming use low fireball. Bait that's hit with flight cancel low fireball. vs skarletts teleport sindel can full punish that.

The only attack you have to worry about from kenshi from afar is his air attack. Which you can mix your fireballs up like dash forward low fireball ifafb jump kick fireball. Flight then bait reflect with the 3 fireball dash 1 fireball or ifafb with 3 then quickly with the 1. This is just a fun full screen zoning battle of fun. I think she's better up close.

I'm waiting till the newer hot fix that is said to be coming out before I say anything more on match ups.

I only fear raiden, mileena then kabal and reptile.

i know!
like i am seriously on the verge to just maining sindel, and having kitana and mileena as my backups.

im rpobably gonna focus on sindel , just sindel for another 2 weeks, then start practicing with those 3 should i be able to go to Final Round

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Any advice for Sindel vs. Kabal, Jax, Noob? I'm really struggling when I play these matchups. I started playing her 1 week ago, need help

Flagg

Noob
Her and Noob is definitely a 5:5 imo.

As for Jax, well she can low fireball under his punch, and zone him from a distance. Hmm, I wonder if you can levi cancel on reaction his ground pounds. If you're close enough you could really punish him. Even if he fakes out the ground pound, you probably can block/duck a ground pound cancelled into a dash punch if you levi cancel.

Everyone struggles against Kabal. It's sad, but he's a better zoner than her.

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
Sindel outzones Kabal. Abuse low fireball and do levi fireballs over his ground saws. Don't jump if he's not shooting a ground saw. You'll have to watch out for his EX Dash too at close range.

Zangrief

Noob
Someone Pleeease help me against Ermac. My boy just switched his main to Ermac and I can not figure this match up out. I try to zone just outside of his tele-grab thing, but eventually he get's in and get's me. Or he'll teleport while I'm in the air. If I try to tip toe in to do some preassure, he'll lift me off the ground and hit me with a full combo. I HATE Ermac! I also main Mileena, and I do a little better, but I wanna win with Sindel!

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I based this Sindel match-up from my experience online and offline.

6-4 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
5-5 vs Cyrax
5-5 vs Ermac
4-6 vs Freddy Krueger (He outzones her, claw traps her on ground, fast projectiles high and low, a teleport, armored move and his rushdown is better.)

5-5 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
5-5 vs Johnny Cage
5-5 vs Kabal
5-5 vs Kano
4-6 vs Kenshi (He outzones her, reflects her air and low fireballs, pushes her back across the screen, she is forced to rushdown while he gets to sit back comfortably to keep her out.)

5-5 vs Kitana
3-7 vs Kung Lao (Everyone knows this already)

5-5 vs Liu Kang
4.5-5.5 vs Mileena (Very fast character high priority attacks, destroys her zoning, D4 pokes better, can combo from Air Sai, Roll, Teleport Kick.)

5-5 vs Nightwolf
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
5-5 vs Quan Chi
3-7 vs Raiden (Changes her game completely both zoning and rushdown, terribly awful.)

5-5 vs Rain
5-5 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
5-5 vs Shang Tsung
5-5 vs Sheeva
5-5 vs Skarlet
4.5-5.5 vs Smoke (Her being zoned out and anti-zoned is difficult, it forces her to play rushdown disabling her fireballs and jump attempts, she just needs to play it carefully on ground.)

4.5-5.5 vs Sonya Blade (Tough to zone her, Sonya has ways getting in with her armored Ex Cartwheel and Arc Kick, D4, and MSF1/2 and staying in, Dive Kick beats pokes.)

5-5 vs Stryker
6-4 vs Sub-Zero

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I based this Sindel match-up from my experience online and offline.

6-4 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
5-5 vs Cyrax
5-5 vs Ermac
4-6 vs Freddy Krueger (He outzones her, claw traps her on ground, fast projectiles high and low, a teleport, armored move and his rushdown is better.)

5-5 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
5-5 vs Johnny Cage
5-5 vs Kabal
5-5 vs Kano
4-6 vs Kenshi (He outzones her, reflects her air and low fireballs, pushes her back across the screen, she is forced to rushdown while he gets to sit back comfortably to keep her out.)

5-5 vs Kitana
3-7 vs Kung Lao (Everyone knows this already)

5-5 vs Liu Kang
4.5-5.5 vs Mileena (Very fast character high priority attacks, destroys her zoning, D4 pokes better, can combo from Air Sai, Roll, Teleport Kick.)

5-5 vs Nightwolf
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
5-5 vs Quan Chi
3-7 vs Raiden (Changes her game completely both zoning and rushdown, terribly awful.)

5-5 vs Rain
5-5 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
5-5 vs Shang Tsung
5-5 vs Sheeva
5-5 vs Skarlet
4.5-5.5 vs Smoke (Her being zoned out and anti-zoned is difficult, it forces her to play rushdown disabling her fireballs and jump attempts, she just needs to play it carefully on ground.)

4.5-5.5 vs Sonya Blade (Tough to zone her, Sonya has ways getting in with her armored Ex Cartwheel and Arc Kick, D4, and MSF1/2 and staying in, Dive Kick beats pokes.)

5-5 vs Stryker
6-4 vs Sub-Zero
interesting.

i dont see sonya, freddy or kenshi as a bad match up for her.

im not going to share a final match up chart until the rumored "hot fix" comes out. if it does...

but as of now my toughest match ups with sindel ATM

1 ~ Raiden
2 ~ Mileena
3 ~ Kung lao
4 ~ Sektor
5 ~ Kabal
6 ~ Reptile
7 ~ Ermac
8 ~ Smoke
9 ~ Scorpion

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
interesting.

i dont see sonya, freddy or kenshi as a bad match up for her.

im not going to share a final match up chart until the rumored "hot fix" comes out. if it does...

but as of now my toughest match ups with sindel ATM

1 ~ Raiden
2 ~ Mileena
3 ~ Kung lao
4 ~ Sektor
5 ~ Kabal
6 ~ Reptile
7 ~ Ermac
8 ~ Smoke
9 ~ Scorpion
Is there a way to find out if another patch is coming? I would like Sindel to have armor on her Ex Scream so she can actually land a combo or even armor on Ex Cartwheel, she seems to get poked out of it especially trying to escape corners despite it being an overhead move. Cross-ups are tough especially online, I can do D1~Hair Whip but timing is very strict and even her Up4 is not that reliable as it should be. 4~Special would be nice like day 1 Sindel, 4~Scream or 4~Cartwheel - it doesn't make sense why they nerfed that sure it looks weird but sometimes I hit 4 by accident then she is at standstill. Hair Whip needs to be safe on block, it doesn't look right seeing her long hair go through them blocking.

Raiden, Mileena, Kung Lao and Smoke no doubt very tough ones. Sektor it's baiting his Teleport Punch, her low fireball goes under his Missles and she doesn't need to get in on him so his Flamethrower is useless on his end. Kabal it's about watching his meter carefully, block his ground saws/gasballs then low fireball him or regular fireball him then punish his Dash/Ex Dash basically keep out of his dash cancels far away from you if possible, get out with D1 immediately. Ermac is very tricky, baiting his Teleport Punch can be tough since his fireballs trade with yours but up close she can cross-up and bait his Lift then punish. Reptile is keeping him far away from full screen, Levitate to shoot double fireballs if given the chance, watch his meter for the Ex Slide, just spam the green lizard to death and Jump Kick~Fireball if he is dashing like a maniac to close space.

After playing a few Freddy players on XBL, one that projectile spams and the other who plays heavy rushdown pressure he is better up close than her and he can win the projectile war. It was a very tough one, he has armor and a teleport which Sindel has neither. Kenshi is another tough one online I've had matches with, I find for her to win it is getting in and staying in with cross-up and baiting close range other wise full screen her fireballs become useless as he reflects and starts slashing and slapping her across the screen. As with Sonya, she is tough once she is in on Sindel but if Sindel can spam from full screen and escape the corner to retreat then yes, Sindel can win it. Sonya has her D4 range poke, MS2 closing space along with an armored Arc Kick getting past fireballs, her standing 1 jab which she can get in on Sindel's air fireball before she lands if close, Sonya's damage output is higher than Sindel, she's dead meat if cornered. It's real tough considering her Hair Whip and Scream can be instant low Dive Kicked into a combo, also you can't poke Sonya it will cost you a Dive Kick. Sonya has the best footsies in the game, that D4 poke range, D4MS pressure, D1 poke, standing 1 jab, F4 stagger overhead, MS~Tackle, Cartwheel-Ex overrides pokes as well.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Is there a way to find out if another patch is coming? .
i have no clue im only assuming because some members have posted on tym about a possible hotfix for the resets but no one has said for sure.. im just guessing if there is one it will be out by the time the complete version of mk9 is out

Zangrief

Noob
Most of the time, this comes up to full screen. He fireballing, looking for a tele opening and her fireballing airborne,
baiting his teles, punishing with her 40% which is her best bet against him.
Her low fball won't avoid his and rushing down on him is dangerous esp. his wake up game.
The more distance you keep, the better chances of beating him. Just don't uppercut him when you block his tele lol

Thanks! I'm gonna try to bait his teleports. He stays away from teleporting, but I'm practicing my levitate cancels into IAF's, so that may do the trick.