What's new

Match-up Discussion Sindel Matchup Discussion Thread

peachyO

Noob
This might sound funny but DanCock how come mirror matches are the least of your concerns online?
You've said before that nobody can out zone your Sindel, I can agree with that, but how do you make sure it's your fireballs that win the match and not theirs? On our server there is barely 1 Sindel player that actually does combos and doesn't camp full screen spitting those pink babies and sometimes I'm hating mirror matches because of the stupid fireball war they become.
Is there a strategy you follow vs. mirror matches?
CaliJokerstyle and peachyO could you share your mirror match XP as well?
unfortunately whether its a mirror match or not most sindel players do what you just said...camp full screen and spam hideously, forcing a zoning war in which there isn't a combo or tactic to be seen, just levitate cancels and fireballs. i do struggle against this approach, but have found a well-timed EN low fireball can deck an opponent long enough to get in close and perform an actual combo. either way, it will usually come down to a tedious, uninspiring projectile war. best suggestion...use a character with a relatively safe teleport and put a stop to that zoning nonsense!!

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Actually her wake-up game is useless if they try cross overs & JIPs once they knock her down from close.
They just need to jump over her so that yells, step ups & low fballs miss them and start their combo.
Only scream (yell ex) catches them due to its larger arc & faster execution.
She can levitate wake up as well to a fireball but haven't really tried doing that unless I'm knocked down to full screen.
And RTM2004 I hate those mirror match fireball wars with a passion. I counter pick them with Sheeva lol
her wake up isn't useless. If they cross you up just do the step up the other way it'll hit them.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

DanCock

Cock Master!!
This might sound funny but DanCock how come mirror matches are the least of your concerns online?
You've said before that nobody can out zone your Sindel, I can agree with that, but how do you make sure it's your fireballs that win the match and not theirs? On our server there is barely 1 Sindel player that actually does combos and doesn't camp full screen spitting those pink babies and sometimes I'm hating mirror matches because of the stupid fireball war they become.
Is there a strategy you follow vs. mirror matches?
CaliJokerstyle and peachyO could you share your mirror match XP as well?
it's easy. Most sindel are too busy trying to get in lolol while I LOVE zoning, I'm able to pump out more fireballs then any other sindel I faced and it's easy to zone her out. She's average at both rush down and zoning.

Espio

Kokomo
DanCock Espio Sindelia pherleece Death GamerBlake90

How do you guys feel about the Sonya V Sindel MU

I have it 7-3 Sonya, and would greatly appreciate all input.

I've never thought it was any worse than 7-3. I've fought Ribbz a decent amount with his Sonya. Sindel has to be on point.

I feel Sindel's zoning and things like that have a suitable place in the match up. Of course, ex cartwheel is a serious problem and when Sindel gets caught she has no armor and slow normals to deal with Sonya's up close game/pressure.

I feel it could be 4-6 in Sonya's favor, but I'm also not saying 7-3 is an outrageous notion, it's very possible.

3-7 or 4-6, but not any better for Sindel. That's my opinion.

Edit: I have played GamerBlake90 a couple times, but it was admitedly in KOTH most of the times so it's hard to say.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
That's kinda the problem. I feel I might not have enough Exp in the MU. I say 7-3, but it's by no means a 100%

Do you at least feel Sindel Wins, loses, or more or less even?
Literally her best chance at beating Sonya is staying the fuck away and maintaining a consistent fireball game, which she can do decently as she can alternate between two ranges when throwing them out, and can also use a low-hitting fireball on the ground to lower her hitbox. But up-close and when cornered, all I have to say to the Sindel player is...good luck.

I do feel Sonya loses from a distance because Sindel can spit instant-air projectiles and recover in time to block Sonya's - unless she mistimes it in any way. Sonya might not be able to make great use of her shoulder charge from Military Stance, either (it's the 2 input while in MS).

As far as damage goes, Sonya clearly wins there. Sindel lacking armor doesn't help her cause, either...her only 'armor" will come from invincibility frames on Wake-Up.

Don't quote me on this, though. As I've said, I don't fight nearly enough Sindels to be sure of my options...but if Sindel's best chance is staying far away at all costs...that definitely screams a bad match-up - pun fully intended. ;)

Espio GamerBlake90

Thanks for your input.
I do agree Sindel will NEVER win this MU, nor do I think it will be even.

I do agree with Blake saying she must stay away from Sonya as part of her main game. Pressuring Sonya is never a good idea, especially as a large hitbox, slow normal, armorless, character like Sindel.

We should work on this Blake

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Mr. Mileena Sindel versus Sonya gauntlet?
This would be most beneficial.

Espio GamerBlake90

Thanks for your input.
I do agree Sindel will NEVER win this MU, nor do I think it will be even.

I do agree with Blake saying she must stay away from Sonya as part of her main game. Pressuring Sonya is never a good idea, especially as a large hitbox, slow normal, armorless, character like Sindel.

We should work on this Blake
Refer to Espio's idea above. If we're in agreement, should I create the appropriate thread?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
That's kinda the problem. I feel I might not have enough Exp in the MU. I say 7-3, but it's by no means a 100%

Do you at least feel Sindel Wins, loses, or more or less even?
No one has convinced me yet that it's no worse then a 6-4 match up in Sonya's favor, I still have it 5-5 leaning 6-4. I tried doing a online thing with death but he complained I was getting away with stuff I shouldn't :confused: next time we get to a offline tournament together or if he comes to my planned every Sunday Mk/injustice gatherings with the rochester guys when I get my apartment soon we will do It.

Anyone want to do it online tonight or whenever I'm down. I'll be home from my bfs around midnight est.

FYI it's worse for sindel online because I have to do d,d,up,d,f, 1 or 3. All that input for one move some times one gets "lost" and my move doesn't come out, I do not what so ever believe Sonya gets fucked online vs sindel -_-

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Omg, at Final Round.
RunwayMafia, I think you're going to Final Round Right?

We both can maybe partake in this, OFFLINE, event. Statistics, strategies, etc, would be 100% solid due to it not being offline.

Vagrant, GamerBlake90 Showtime

would you be up for this as a side thing?

There's also EVO. All of us will be there.

Death

Noob
I never really had a problem in the MU whenever I ran it. But I have only played it online so I cant really comment and label the MU with 100% confidence. But I have it as 6-4 Sonya atm

Vagrant

Noob
I currently.have this mu at 6-4 Sonya. Sindel can't mindlessly pressure but she can throw strings out and mix up with low fb and flippy kick thing.

Sindel mainly wins this mu by keeping the fuck away from Sonya but it's not very hard for Sonya to get in.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
If anyone wants to play some sindel vs Sonya tonight I'm down I'm free after 11:30 est.