What's new

Match-up Discussion Sindel Matchup Discussion Thread

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Sindel vs kitana anywhere outside of her f2 range its a really fun matchup, once she can start advancing on you its very hard to break free though, you have to fight very defensively and hope she makes a mistake before you do.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Sindel cannot zone noob. His teleport shuts her zoning game down.
Same with Kitana, she controls the air, and when she gets close to you, it's a nightmare.
A good cyrax will pressure you with bombs and nets, making it hard to even do levi fireball.

In no way does Sindel beat Kenshi, that is a bad matchup 4-6 for sindel, try fighting reo's kenshi
noobs teleport is not to be feared. It doesn't allow him any follow up if it hits. And again you need to counter zone noob. He throws some thing out you punish full screen.

I agree with kitana. On cyrax if he's pressuring with bombs and nets then do exactly what I said to do. It's when he gets up close and uses his strings into random net that gets me. Once you hit cyrax with one fireball you follow up with flight instant air fireball and he can't shoot anything out of his chest, same thing vs reptile he can't get a special move out. It forces both of them to start taking risks.

I'll ask reo to play me using kenshi. I know you always tell me to play some rush down, well my suggestion vs kenshi, cyrax and noob is perfect zoning. And besides with that logic I'd bet reos jade would do the same thing.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

DanCock

Cock Master!!
With Cyrax, I meant if he catches Sindel in the air doing a fireball, he teleports behind her njp into a combo. Far as the regular teleport by itself, I usually D1~Cartwheel since they usually try to jump over her.

Flawedzilla is the Noob Saibot tournament player from Las Vegas, Boot Nocka is like the same level as him too - the best Noob Saibot players that I've played on XBL. GT for Boot Nocka is this. GT for Flawedzilla is IGL Flawedzilla. You should definitely hit them up for some matches, they both play Noob Saibot differently from the normal ones you see in the lobbies.

Sindel's Low Fireball midscreen is a killer haha very, very true. I get Jump Kicked~Fan combo'd for that and F2,1 launched into a combo. I hate playing against Kitana with Sindel, what I do enjoy is when Kitana players fly across the screen and I use Sindel's Hair Whip to grab them lmao.

I have PS3 but I rarely go online there anymore, the lag and loading the lobbies take forever for names to appear. I'm on XBL right now, I stopped playing at the beginning of the month then all of a sudden XBL Gold offered me 1 month for $1 so I'm back online for the time being. What is your GT on XBL? Mine is RTM2004 you can add me later tonight I'll be online, I hate Sindel mirrors the funny thing I always play rushdown like KeyWestBoi used to do, his Sindel is gdlk (before he retired for SCV) then my opponent the other Sindel player dissolves the match into a fireball spam war >.> But definitely that would be cool if we could run some matches, I thought you were on PSN only and do private matches like Mr. Mileena.
I like psn better. The lobbies are fucked on ps3 but that's why you should never play in the lobbies always set up private matches. I never noticed any lag difference between the systems. Let me know what time to sign on to Xbl, my gamer tag is kitana sinh3ll

Hmm cyraxs teleport isn't that fast to react to a air fireball then do what you said hmmmm. You do know that cyrax is kind of mid air when he teleports, you don't need to do d1 to punish. Use any attack you wish. Vs cyblax use 1 punishes. Like 111 or 1 into enhanced scream.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I like psn better. The lobbies are fucked on ps3 but that's why you should never play in the lobbies always set up private matches. I never noticed any lag difference between the systems. Let me know what time to sign on to Xbl, my gamer tag is kitana sinh3ll

Hmm cyraxs teleport isn't that fast to react to a air fireball then do what you said hmmmm. You do know that cyrax is kind of mid air when he teleports, you don't need to do d1 to punish. Use any attack you wish. Vs cyblax use 1 punishes. Like 111 or 1 into enhanced scream.

I'll add you on both PSN and XBL, when you see me online on either, send me an invite for matches right away because sometimes I forget to play MK and pop in a blu-ray movie in the PS3 to watch.

Sindel Match-ups as of April 9th, 2012 (after recent offline gameplay)

In my Opinion, Sindel has 18+ bad matchups, some not too bad, but for the most part, she is very hard to win with. Offline, cartwheel is -7, which leaves her extremely vulnerable. She has no armor to get out of the corner or certain situations, so cage, sub, sonya, jax, kenshi, kitana, is just deadly in the corner. She's a good character, but as much as I love her, she can't win a major by herself. I will still be using her, she got me far, but by herself, it ain't happening.
I did really really well in casuals, my sindel didn;t get blown up, but showtime managed to shut her down in casuals with cage, so i had to go kitana, so i never lost to shanx's kung lao, but, one like forever king, etc, may have shut sindel down. I hypothesized what the player can do to sindel, and that is how I made this matchup, some of these were influenced by play, some were not.
Vs Sheeva 6-4
Vs Baraka 5-5
Vs Stryker 5-5
Vs Kano 6-4
Vs Subzer0 5-5
Vs Noob- 4-6
Vs Kenshi 4-6
Vs Cage 4-6
Vs Nightwolf- 5-5
Vs Sonya 4-6
vs Kitana 3.5-6.5
VS Jade 5-5
vs Quan- 5-5
vs Shang- 4.5-5.5
Vs lui Kang- 4.5-5.5
Vs Rain 5-5
Vs Skarlet 4-6
Vs Cyber- 5-5
Vs Cyrax 4-6
VS Freddy 5-5
Vs Sektor- 4.5-5.5
Vs Scorpion 5-5
Vs Ermac 4.5-5.5
VS Jax 4-6
Vs Smoke- 4-6
Vs Kung Lao- 3-7
Vs Raiden 4-6
Vs Mileena 4-6
Vs Kabal 4-6
Vs Reptile - 4-6

LEGEND

YES!

Vs Sheeva 6-4
Vs Baraka 6-4
Vs Stryker 6-4
Vs Kano 6-4
Vs Subzer0 6-4

Vs Noob- 5.5-4.5
Vs Kenshi 5.5-4.5
Vs Cage 5.5-4.5
Vs Nightwolf- 5.5-4.5

Vs Sonya 5-5
vs Kitana 5.5
VS Jade 5-5
vs Quan- 5-5
vs Shang- 5-5
Vs lui Kang- 5-5
Vs Rain 5-5
Vs Skarlet 5-5
Vs Cyber- 5-5
Vs Cyrax 5.5
VS Freddy 5-5

Bad Matchups

Vs Sektor- 4.5-5.5
Vs Scorpion 4.5-5.5
Vs Ermac 4.5-5.5
VS Jax 4.5-5.5

Vs Smoke- 4-6
Vs Kung Lao- 4-6
Vs Raiden 4-6
Vs Mileena 4-6
Vs Kabal 4-6
Vs Reptile - 4-6
what does yellow mean?

and as someone that is very adept at both Sindel and Stryker, i don't think Sindel beats stryker 6-4, if at all

Espio

Kokomo
I like both lists so far, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 6-4 Sindel versus Stryker or 5.5-4.5 in her favor. If Stryker doesn't come forward, he's dead. Up close he might be a bit quicker than her, but Sindel can easily hold her own against Stryker there too, if Stryker was Cage, Sonya, or Kung Lao up close it might be a different story, but Sindel shuts down most of Stryker's options, roll toss, grenades, gun shots, etc.

Stryker can bait her projectiles and gun cancel to get a jump in, but that opportunity isn't constantly present.

Sindel has slow normals, but aside from Stryker's roundhouse +1,1,4+ 1,2, he's got similar speed to Sindel overall. His pokes are slightly better.

If Sindel wins the zoning war (which given her zoning tools and given his start up and recovery on them) I think she does, and up close they both can check each other, I just find it hard to believe it's favorable for Stryker.

It's not horrendous for him, but I think at worst it's 6-4, but it might be 5.5-4.5 in her favor.

I've been playing a lot of Sindel players with him for several months including DanCock and I cannot for the life of me figure out what makes this even (I could be TOTALLY wrong). I'm open to any and all suggestions. I really do believe this is not a good match up for him, it could be close to even.

I think Stryker goes even with a lot of the top tier characters with the exception of Kung Lao and Jax probably.

DanCock

Cock Master!!

In my Opinion, Sindel has 18+ bad matchups, some not too bad, but for the most part, she is very hard to win with. Offline, cartwheel is -7, which leaves her extremely vulnerable. She has no armor to get out of the corner or certain situations, so cage, sub, sonya, jax, kenshi, kitana, is just deadly in the corner. She's a good character, but as much as I love her, she can't win a major by herself. I will still be using her, she got me far, but by herself, it ain't happening.
I did really really well in casuals, my sindel didn;t get blown up, but showtime managed to shut her down in casuals with cage, so i had to go kitana, so i never lost to shanx's kung lao, but, one like forever king, etc, may have shut sindel down. I hypothesized what the player can do to sindel, and that is how I made this matchup, some of these were influenced by play, some were not.
Vs Sheeva 6-4
Vs Baraka 5-5
Vs Stryker 5-5
Vs Kano 6-4
Vs Subzer0 5-5
Vs Noob- 4-6
Vs Kenshi 4-6
Vs Cage 4-6
Vs Nightwolf- 5-5
Vs Sonya 4-6
vs Kitana 3.5-6.5
VS Jade 5-5
vs Quan- 5-5
vs Shang- 4.5-5.5
Vs lui Kang- 4.5-5.5
Vs Rain 5-5
Vs Skarlet 4-6
Vs Cyber- 5-5
Vs Cyrax 4-6
VS Freddy 5-5
Vs Sektor- 4.5-5.5
Vs Scorpion 5-5
Vs Ermac 4.5-5.5
VS Jax 4-6
Vs Smoke- 4-6
Vs Kung Lao- 3-7
Vs Raiden 4-6
Vs Mileena 4-6
Vs Kabal 4-6
Vs Reptile - 4-6
love the list add it to the main list on google. Or I'll do it tonight. Glad I'm not crazy in saying that the Lao match up is tough.

You bring the best out of her due to being one o f the best players with fast reflexes. If you weren't so nervous at The tournament I wouldn't have been shocked if you won it with her. In fact I thought you were going too lol.

love the list add it to the main list on google. Or I'll do it tonight. Glad I'm not crazy in saying that the Lao match up is tough.

You bring the best out of her due to being one o f the best players with fast reflexes. If you weren't so nervous at The tournament I wouldn't have been shocked if you won it with her. In fact I thought you were going too lol.

mhm i did fine vs lao's and whatnot, but I'm just adding what CAN happen you know? :) We love sindel, but we have to accept the fact she is not up there, this is why she needs a buff, like bad. She is so solid, she has potential to be better.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
mhm i did fine vs lao's and whatnot, but I'm just adding what CAN happen you know? :) We love sindel, but we have to accept the fact she is not up there, this is why she needs a buff, like bad. She is so solid, she has potential to be better.
I know, if they would do just a couple little things or give her super armor on anything then she'd be perfect.

Espio

Kokomo
I know, if they would do just a couple little things or give her super armor on anything then she'd be perfect.

What do you think would be the best tool to give armor to? I was thinking armor on either ex step up or ex scream so she could get a full combo punish off of her armor.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
What do you think would be the best tool to give armor to? I was thinking armor on either ex step up or ex scream so she could get a full combo punish off of her armor.
What mr mil said lol. I'd settle for just armor on scream. Or to go back to day 1 sindel where 4 was special cancelable minus the flight cancel.

Buffs that will make her top imo

- Less the scaling on b1 combo, the damage scaling is way too much
- Armor on Ex yell
- D+4 like Mileena/ or a longer d+1
- u+4 having a bigger hitbox and faster startup, less recovery.
man I'd be on colt or boons and who ever else's dick all day if that happened :D

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus

- Armor on Ex yell
We've been asking for most of these forever. Sadly, I don't think it's going to happen.

Let's not forget she has received many nerfs since day one and never got proper buffs to compensate the nerfs like certain characters got like Kung Lao. He got nerfed many times but received buffs in the process.

yeah , every character in this game is viable, but it's damn hard for her. It feels good working with low tier characters, and doing well, rather than just sticking with Kitana for example in my situation :)

DanCock

Cock Master!!
yeah , every character in this game is viable, but it's damn hard for her. It feels good working with low tier characters, and doing well, rather than just sticking with Kitana for example in my situation :)
yea that's why I have stayed with her. But now I know I must have a back up. Been working hard with cage and Lao to be her minion lol

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
I've been using her since the game came out, she's fine the way she is, but lemme see you try beating a kabal or kung lao and top players at a tournament with her, if you have trouble understanding what you read, i simply said buffs that would make her top.

I'm not crying for her to be buffed, i got 4th with her, and she followed through for me. K thanx bye
I don't want to sound like I'm crying for buffs either but, looking again at your matchup chart (and I think most Sindel players would say that it's about right with a few discrepancies), how can you say that she's fine as she is? She only has, according to your chart, 2 matchups in her favor, and 10/31 which are just even. So by your calculations, 19/31 matchups (13/31 you have listed as 4-6 or worse) in the game are not in her favor. Of these 19 are the likes of Kabal, Cage, Jax, Sonya, Kitana, Kung Lao, Smoke, Raiden, Cyrax, etc. In other words, all of the most picked tournament characters. If this is true then what reason is there to play her at all, if not for character loyalty (which I'm sure is a factor for most Sindel players anyway)? Not that I'm going to drop Sindel any time soon, since I've played her since launch, but logically wouldn't time be better spent practicing one of the many characters who outclass her almost completely? Even if you do pick up a secondary to deal with her bad matchups, if your chart is correct, that could end up being over half of the damn cast. You might as well call that backup your main.

LEGEND

YES!
i think at this point the fact that hardly anyone has solid MU experience vs her helps alot

EDIT: plus dealing with her zoning isn't the same online as it is off so people have to get their practice with her offline and really, how many great sindels are there?

1?
2?

I don't want to sound like I'm crying for buffs either but, looking again at your matchup chart (and I think most Sindel players would say that it's about right with a few discrepancies), how can you say that she's fine as she is? She only has, according to your chart, 2 matchups in her favor, and 10/31 which are just even. So by your calculations, 19/31 matchups (13/31 you have listed as 4-6 or worse) in the game are not in her favor. Of these 19 are the likes of Kabal, Cage, Jax, Sonya, Kitana, Kung Lao, Smoke, Raiden, Cyrax, etc. In other words, all of the most picked tournament characters. If this is true then what reason is there to play her at all, if not for character loyalty (which I'm sure is a factor for most Sindel players anyway)? Not that I'm going to drop Sindel any time soon, since I've played her since launch, but logically wouldn't time be better spent practicing one of the many characters who outclass her almost completely? Even if you do pick up a secondary to deal with her bad matchups, if your chart is correct, that could end up being over half of the damn cast. You might as well call that backup your main.
Yeah she has trouble, but 4-6 matchups aren't impossible, i do feel a very very solid kung lao really makes it 3-7.

You have to work with Sindel, they are 4-6 because do to her lack of armor, pokes, and startup frames on her normals. She has great zoning, resets, good damage, good specials that change positioning, good anti air, levi cancels etc, if you love the character, she's fine, 4-6 just means it is possible to win, but it will not be a breeze, which means putting time into her is essential. My previous chart had a lot of 5-5's but no, it is not easy to win with her, each fight I had with sindel was a bad MU fight, i still won most, but it was not easy. I felt so uneasy using her, it felt scary fighting as her, because so much work has to be put in, but it is possible. Her matches are not 2-8 or 3-7 (with the possible exception of Kung Lao)

Kitana and kung lao are matchups you should avoid using Sindel imo

RTM2004

Revenant Jade

- Armor on Ex yell
Armor on Ex Cartwheel would be great, it would help her in corner situations so she will override poke traps. (For example, Johnny Cage, Jax, Sonya, Noob Saibot, Sub-Zero *Believe it or not*, Baraka etc). NRS technical difficulties my ass! XD

The ability to 4~Special like she used to do would be great, a good combo starter since her others are slow aside from B1.

Hair Whip safe on block, it doesn't make sense seeing her hair go through them while blocking :eek:

I agree with your requested buffs especially her Up4 :)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I don't think that Reptile Sindel is 4-6, that may just be me though, I've really started coming around to 5-5 on that one.