What's new

Match-up Discussion Sindel Matchup Discussion Thread

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Never knew her low fireball doesnt get hit by it, thanks. Does someone want to explain that Baraka matchup, Im still baffled why it is 5-5. If baraka gets in close Sindel might be in trouble, but hes manageable at least. But his only real tool for getting up close is his EX blade charge, which requires meter, and unless he want to trade sparks with Sindel's fireballs then he won't be building too much meter...

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Never knew her low fireball doesnt get hit by it, thanks. Does someone want to explain that Baraka matchup, Im still baffled why it is 5-5. If baraka gets in close Sindel might be in trouble, but hes manageable at least. But his only real tool for getting up close is his EX blade charge, which requires meter, and unless he want to trade sparks with Sindel's fireballs then he won't be building too much meter...
Well it goes under high grenade, the low one she just needs to dash forward then low fireball under.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I still zone the heck out of her. And up close you can actually cross up and use some mix ups.

I still zone nwolf and kenshi.

Past

Noob
As long as Jade has flash, she cannot control the match. Jade can get in anytime. Jade's midrange zoning beats hers(u3). This is a 6-4 matchup for Jade. You could argue for 5-5 but there is no way that Sindel has the advantage.

Zoidberg747

Again Step up and Hair whip are good ways to get past Jade's glow. Shadow kick just means you cant get too many air fireballs off. Sindel is still ata disadvantage, but not by much.

Past

Noob
Again Step up and Hair whip are good ways to get past Jade's glow. Shadow kick just means you cant get too many air fireballs off. Sindel is still ata disadvantage, but not by much.
There are many ways to get past flash, but none for glow. I still think this is either 5-5 or 6-4 for Jade.

Big Frog

Noob
I still zone the heck out of her. And up close you can actually cross up and use some mix ups.

I still zone nwolf and kenshi.
Same here, man. Especially NW. As long as you watch out for the shoulder charge, she owns him most of the time.

Zoidberg747

Hes saying its not as hopeless as Shaylan makes it out to be. Jade still owns Sindel up close imo, especially in the corner

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Dancock made it sound like Sindel had the advantage in this matchup. If you are in agreement then I guess this matchup is a wrap.
My match up posts has jade 6-4 over sindel.

6-4 just means jade has better tools, but the better player still wins.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4549-Sindel-matchups&p=162026&viewfull=1#post162026

Delriach said:
Against Smoke, I try to let the other player get comfortable throwing Smoke bombs. They usually throw a few out without pausing and that's the best time to do an instant air fireball. I do find myself rushing Smoke players more often than not, but it's also good to bait them into doing normal moves. That way you can just do a jump back fireball and hit them during the animation. This doesn't work all the time but you'll be able to hit him with a few projectiles if you know how to read your opponent.

If you block a teleport try to do the most damaging combo you can think of. A B3, F2 combo is preferred since you can get 30% damage if you want to risk doing a scream. If you use 1 bar of meter you can guarantee that damage since B3, F2, 1, EX scream doesn't require a forward dash or precise timing. If you want to throw him full screen or push him towards the corner, you can do B3, F2, F3, low fireball. That should do 24% damage. 4,4 B12, 1, hair whip works good too. Just make sure you let him fall a bit after the blocked teleport or else it might be more difficult to combo. If you block a teleport with his back facing the corner, you can do b3 f2, f3 ~ db2, 31 b2, d1 ~ df3. That will do somewhere around 35% damage.

Aside from that, it's best to play the match very patiently. Levitate cancels are a must. Just make sure you don't get hit with a smoke bomb in the process. The levi cancels are pretty much your only way to build meter since you can't throw fireballs freely. If you have the life lead don't do anything foolish. Let the Smoke player become desperate and that's when they'll make mistakes. If they like to do Shake all day, just do a close range AIF. It won't hit him and you'll be safe.

Make sure to save your meter so you have a breaker. The last thing you want to do is take a full combo. Be sure to stay out of his air throw range too. It's really easy to get caught by that if you're careless

I fight Smoke players at local tourneys nearly every single time. This is the strategy that has worked for me. If you're having issues getting outzoned, that's your cue to step up your game and rush the hell out of him. A jump in punch into her 21 mixup is what I would do.
^^ Just posting that from the other matchup thread. I wanted to point out something that I have been using to reply to this part:

Delriach said:
The levi cancels are pretty much your only way to build meter since you can't throw fireballs freely.
I use iFAF but using the close air fireball out of range from Smoke to build meter. I also use d4 a lot sometimes linking it to step up and if d4 hits I do the 44 frame trap.

The key to the Smoke matchup is to NOT play from fullscreen.

* Walk him to the corner while building meter with iFAF (close).
* If he jumps, use aa1, ff~1~scream into combo or 1~scream into jps~b3f2
* Know the range of step up. Smoke has no move that can punish you on block. Use it!

If you play the matchup from jump distance, you can zone a little because it is much harder for Smoke to react with shake.

Once he is cornered, he has to do something. Stay just in jump range, no closer until an opportunity presents itself to dash in. If he does a smokebomb, you get a free jps combo.

I played this matchup about 25 times last night and the first 5-6 games I was getting destroyed. I figured out this strategy and I won about half of them from there. Building meter safely is imperative in this matchup and it is very difficult because you can't do it with zoning in the traditional sense.

I think this matchup is in fact 6-4 for Smoke, but it is definitely winnable if you play smart.

Jade going 10-0 vs Sindel = LMFAO

Delriach

Sindelly
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4549-Sindel-matchups&p=162026&viewfull=1#post162026

^^ Just posting that from the other matchup thread. I wanted to point out something that I have been using to reply to this part:

I use iFAF but using the close air fireball out of range from Smoke to build meter. I also use d4 a lot sometimes linking it to step up and if d4 hits I do the 44 frame trap.

The key to the Smoke matchup is to NOT play from fullscreen.

* Walk him to the corner while building meter with iFAF (close).
* If he jumps, use aa1, ff~1~scream into combo or 1~scream into jps~b3f2
* Know the range of step up. Smoke has no move that can punish you on block. Use it!

If you play the matchup from jump distance, you can zone a little because it is much harder for Smoke to react with shake.

Once he is cornered, he has to do something. Stay just in jump range, no closer until an opportunity presents itself to dash in. If he does a smokebomb, you get a free jps combo.

I played this matchup about 25 times last night and the first 5-6 games I was getting destroyed. I figured out this strategy and I won about half of them from there. Building meter safely is imperative in this matchup and it is very difficult because you can't do it with zoning in the traditional sense.

I think this matchup is in fact 6-4 for Smoke, but it is definitely winnable if you play smart.

Jade going 10-0 vs Sindel = LMFAO
Yeah, the df3 fireballs definitely help you build meter. Not sure why I left that out. I did mention to do it when he's shaking. I'm just stupid at times.

I definitely agree with the things you said. Taking advantage of the fact that Smoke can't punish the step up is very smart. That distance you mentioned is definitely the key to success. I usually try to get within that distance and bait a slow normal.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
my personal updated match up list for sindel..

vs Raiden 3-7

vs Mileena 3.5-6.5
vs Cyrax 3.5-6.5
vs Kung Lao 3.5-6.5
vs Smoke 3.5-6.5

vs Reptile 4-6
vs Kabal 4-6
vs Rain 4-6
vs Sektor 4-6
vs ermac 4-6
vs Jade 4-6
vs Nightwolf 4-6

vs Kitana 4.5-5.5
vs johnny Cage 4.5-5.5
vs Liu Kang 4.5-5.5
vs Cybersubzero 4.5-5.5
vs Noob 4.5-5.5

vs Kano 5-5
vs Skarlett 5-5
vs Sheeva 5-5
vs Kenshi 5-5
vs Jax 5-5
vs Shang Tsung 5-5
vs Quan Chi 5-5
vs Scorpion 5-5
vs Subzero 5-5
vs Sindel x-x

vs Baraka 6-4
vs Sonya 6-4
vs Stryker 6-4

=

also i dont think you guys are right about smoke not being able to punish step up on block. i had read your posts and was like "wow its safe vs him oh snaps" and ended up getting punished trying it. it was online though and i suck so who knows.. i totally play the stay away game vs smoke and stay out of the corner and just let him fuck up as much as i can..

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Personally, I would never put Sindel-Reptile any better or worse than 5-5. iaF is REALLY good vs him, to the point where she will be building a good portion of meter vs him as he tries to get in, which opens up options a bit since she'll have more she can do. And really, taking fireballs from Sindel actually kinda hurts. :confused:

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Personally, I would never put Sindel-Reptile any better or worse than 5-5. iaF is REALLY good vs him, to the point where she will be building a good portion of meter vs him as he tries to get in, which opens up options a bit since she'll have more she can do. And really, taking fireballs from Sindel actually kinda hurts. :confused:
I was about to put it at 5-5. But I want to wait till I face you again or any of the reptile guys at nec. Your probably right due to her being able to punish him with full combo after a blocked dash now. Plus her double fireball from levitation.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
How does the fight against Mileena play out? I don't understand at all what sindel is supposed to do there.
bait mileena's teleport/Roll and punish with 1~Yell. if the mileena opts to not use her specials you can force her to with fireballs (iffb) or fake her out with Levi Cancels. if the mileena is fighting close-range then you can use sindel's gimmicks like flight cancels/resets

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Mileena owns sindel. Just use Kano vs her. That's what I been doing.

You have to sit there and pray the mileena player is stupid.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Kevin Ryman said:
Why is Kabal not 9-1? You can barely make a move or do a slight thing with all his projectiles constantly cluttering the screen. This is match is horribly when Sindel is left helpess and forced to rushdown.
Sindel can zone right with him. You don't want to rush him down. That's where she loses the match. She wins it in a zoning battle. She doesn't have to worry about IAGB when she has her FIAF along with her low fireballs.

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
Sindel, Tier Lists, First Impressions

So I picked up Sindel a few weeks ago and I am finding that I really really like her. She's apparently considered just a hair above bottom tier in the most recent tier list (C tier (9-10 bad matchups), right above D tier Jade (11+ bad matchups) And yet if anything, she intrigues me even more as a result. I played her in a small scale round-robin tournament with some really good players this past weekend and did fairly well against 2 Scorpions and a Freddy but ran into trouble with Kung Lao and Raiden - trouble familar to Sindel veterans around here no doubt. Fortunately I got to play against one of the best Kung Lao's in our region, Mike Crespo (UA Mezmerize) from Jax. My circle doesn't really use much of the high tier characters so I had zero experience in using her vs. Kung Lao or Raiden. I'm in the process of developing new tech that I grafted to her from playing Guilty Gear, and Blazblue. Once I've refined it a bit more I'll share it here. I realize that's cryptic, but considering I haven't been playing her nearly as long as some, I'm hesitant to just jump out and say "hey I got a shiny new gun" before its been tested at length.

I feel inspired to stick with her even in tournament settings, despite most feeling she is not tournament viable. Just thought I would share.

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
Realizing this is open ended as hell - how do the rest of you feel currently about Sindel? Are you happy with the patch buffs despite Sindel being considered low tier still? Do you feel the need for her to be improved further or accepting of where she currently stands?

I personally feel that there will always be a low tier and the extra work involved to get the most out of low tier characters is very rewarding.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Awesome dude. Welcome to the dark side (picking up Sindel), she is quite underestimated. First off, I never pay much attention to said tier lists. I tend to not have much trouble against high level Kung's or Raidens...they can be pretty predictable and contrary to popular belief she does have methods to deal with severe rush downs. Secondly, I'm starting to think there is a lot of "tech" out there ESPECIALLY with the underused characters (Sindel, Sheeva, Jade, Stryker etc). I've started to discover an actual use of her Up+3 (split kick) in the corner...we all have to work together and truly "EXPOSE" just how AWESOME she is!