What's new

Strategy "Shazam!" -- Captain Marvel General Discussion Thread

RoGE

Noob
Not sure if training mode is bugged or what but I keep getting a free high command throw off and blocked 22.

Also get a free command grab reset off F22, you don't even need to combo in to it.

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
The computer is bug when they crouch block 22~HM. The HM will still connect. F22 however, isn't bugged. It actually resets the damage and allows for a free grab afterwards.

SmokeMaster

So he pretty much gets 50+% of a Ji2.

Damn son lol
Pretty much if you can land the Ji2. I actually like doing F22~Trait though. Leads into a lot more setups and more damage even though you give up guaranteed damage.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Pretty much if you can land the Ji2. I actually like doing F22~Trait though. Leads into a lot more setups and more damage even though you give up guaranteed damage.

Is that really wise? You're sacrificing 40% guaranteed damage, that's big.

How much can you potentially get with Trait? Like 60%? Sacrificing 40% guaranteed for an extra 20% is quite a risk.

SmokeMaster

Is that really wise? You're sacrificing 40% guaranteed damage, that's big.

How much can you potentially get with Trait? Like 60%? Sacrificing 40% guaranteed for an extra 20% is quite a risk.
The only real risk is losing guaranteed damage. I still have positioning, active trait, and frame advantage afterwards. I'm not saying I do it all the time though. Just something I like to do to mix things up a bit.

Uber

Noob
The only real risk is losing guaranteed damage. I still have positioning, active trait, and frame advantage afterwards. I'm not saying I do it all the time though. Just something I like to do to mix things up a bit.
This should really never be done. 40% guarenteed damage with a hard knockdown is WAY too much to ever pass up on, especially when you are only gonna get a about 10% more potential damage. The frame advantage from f22xxTrait isn't even as good of a setup as the hard knockdown from a combo into AC.
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

SmokeMaster

This should really never be done. 40% guarenteed damage with a hard knockdown is WAY too much to ever pass up on, especially when you are only gonna get a about 10% more potential damage. The frame advantage from f22xxTrait isn't even as good of a setup as the hard knockdown from a combo into AC.
That's your opinion and I respect it. I've never had a situation when doing f22xxtrait has cost me the match. Saying that it should never be done because you give up 40% damage is not a reason at all to me. Especially, when there's a potential for your opponent to clash and gain all of their health back.

Not sure if training mode is bugged or what but I keep getting a free high command throw off and blocked 22.

Also get a free command grab reset off F22, you don't even need to combo in to it.
I am guessing you just set the computer on always block and duck. You have to set it on stance block for the to continue ducking while they block otherwise when they block they will always stand unless you do a low move that is .

Uber

Noob
That's your opinion and I respect it. I've never had a situation when doing f22xxtrait has cost me the match. Saying that it should never be done because you give up 40% damage is not a reason at all to me. Especially, when there's a potential for your opponent to clash and gain all of their health back.
But if they have clash, aren't they just going to clash your traited combo too (if you were even able to land it in the first place). Basically you are trading free damage and a setup for only setup. It just doesn't make sense from a logical standpoint. If you REALLY want to get your trait out for a setup, you might as well do HM MB, B3, F3, Trait. That's a free 25ish UNCLASHABLE damage AND you still get your Trait on with a hard knockdown.

SmokeMaster

But if they have clash, aren't they just going to clash your traited combo too (if you were even able to land it in the first place). Basically you are trading free damage and a setup for only setup. It just doesn't make sense from a logical standpoint. If you REALLY want to get your trait out for a setup, you might as well do HM MB, B3, F3, Trait. That's a free 25ish UNCLASHABLE damage AND you still get your Trait on with a hard knockdown.

I'm just going to have to do video showing a setup where it's logical. Right now I'm busy, but expect it later on this week.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Hey guys idk if this has been talked about before but after a blocked f/b3 you get a (almost) free herculean might or Achilles clutch. I say almost because the opponent can backdash or jump out of it but if they press buttons or block they'll get grabbed. I use it when i have my trait up and 2 bars. Armor a f/b3 and then if they block i get a 45% combo if they don't a 59% combo

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Correction forget about the Achilles clutch....i have to go back into the lab with it, i was working when i was playing against a friend but its nut working in practice, mode

SZSR

Noob
Correction forget about the Achilles clutch....i have to go back into the lab with it, i was working when i was playing against a friend but its nut working in practice, mode
I'd assume if they were crouching they would've gotten hit by the f3, good find all in all anyways.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I'd assume if they were crouching they would've gotten hit by the f3, good find all in all anyways.
Lol yea i meant the grab after the blocked forward 3....it was catching my friend in match but in practice i can't get it on any characters lol its bizarre maybe he was trying to poke and the grab caught him. Ill have to ask next time i see him

Gobblerr

Noob
Not sure if this is new but if you land a B2 forward teleport (you land on the other side of the opponent), you can dash over their body before they get up, if they don't tech roll. Then you can go for a HM or whatever you like. This makes it annoying to know which side you're going to hit tbem from.

zoofs

bless
Not sure if this is new but if you land a B2 forward teleport (you land on the other side of the opponent), you can dash over their body before they get up, if they don't tech roll. Then you can go for a HM or whatever you like. This makes it annoying to know which side you're going to hit tbem from.
ive been using this for a long time, i either dash over hm or dash over f12 into ac/hm if they keep ducking the hm

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Okay so I need some questions answered,

Question one. Is f.22 the only true jail to HM? D.1, F.1, b.1, etc, all have have similar functions this way but do they really jail?

Question two. AC, D.3, HM MB, AT MB, and various other HKDs all allow you to HM them as they stand up guaranteed. How often should I go for this? It seems like vs crappy wake ups it's worth risking.

SmokeMaster

Okay so I need some questions answered,

Question one. Is f.22 the only true jail to HM? D.1, F.1, b.1, etc, all have have similar functions this way but do they really jail?

Question two. AC, D.3, HM MB, AT MB, and various other HKDs all allow you to HM them as they stand up guaranteed. How often should I go for this? It seems like vs crappy wake ups it's worth risking.
The answer to your 1st question is no. When there is any possibility for HM to be avoided it is not a real jail. For your second question there is no real right answer for it. Even with crappy wakeups, everyone has one that allows them to bypass HM. The key is to make them chose to never use it. MB f/b 3 on opponents with crappy wakeups such as Green Lantern or Cat Woman will deter your opponent from using these. This will create better chances for HM to connect on HKDs.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Ive been doing some wakeup advancing ports today and so far no one has contested it. Is it just folks lacking Shazam experience or does Shazam's wakeup teleport become safe on startup with like wakeup invincibility or something?