What's new

Strategy "Shazam!" -- Captain Marvel General Discussion Thread

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Ive been doing some wakeup advancing ports today and so far no one has contested it. Is it just folks lacking Shazam experience or does Shazam's wakeup teleport become safe on startup with like wakeup invincibility or something?
You are able to punish he wakeup teleports at the end of it not at the start. most people dont know the correct timing how to punish it. My friend has found punishes with DS after playing me all the time. Hope that helps.

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
Ive been doing some wakeup advancing ports today and so far no one has contested it. Is it just folks lacking Shazam experience or does Shazam's wakeup teleport become safe on startup with like wakeup invincibility or something?
Shazam's wakeup teleport has complete invincibility on startup in both directions. They have different recover frames though. That's how you punish it.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
The answer to your 1st question is no. When there is any possibility for HM to be avoided it is not a real jail. For your second question there is no real right answer for it. Even with crappy wakeups, everyone has one that allows them to bypass HM. The key is to make them chose to never use it. MB f/b 3 on opponents with crappy wakeups such as Green Lantern or Cat Woman will deter your opponent from using these. This will create better chances for HM to connect on HKDs.
Okay but, do those ones jail? They're all +11 or more so in theory HM should be inescapable when done correctly.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
All of those can be jumped out of except for f22 so the word "jail" doesn't apply to them.
It might be my bad timing but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

I would assume that having enough hit stun means it can't be escaped though. Odd.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I keep hearing that a lot of characters can punish torpedo on block, but i feel so helpless when using flash.
is there a list of characters that can punish it?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
It occurs to me that I know very little about how to fight Shazam outside of playing lame and zoning. Who is the best SHAZAM player, period?

It occurs to me that I know very little about how to fight Shazam outside of playing lame and zoning. Who is the best SHAZAM player, period?
me.
tbh there is no high level representative what so ever. Heroic Legacy has the best tourney results and Chef knows a ton of facts and knowledge on him but cant play him worth garbage. out of the 2 id ask chef

hello people! New to the fourms though ive lurked a bit to try raise my shazam play. i came from marvel vs capcom 3 to injustice, mostly because i can only play 1 at a time do to how diffrent the game styles are. Im pretty decent in this game as well though.

Anyway, has anyone tried jump 2 command grab with shazam? its worked well against people who can block the cross up jump to well for me. I havent really tested it to see if anyone can punish that beside black adams lighting hands. From there if the opponent figures it out and ducks its you can go into his over string and low throw or over head string into torpedo if you dont think it'll hit. It happens fast if chained into the jump 2. I think this is a good 50/50 but i really only tried on 1 person though and i dont know how to blow it up yet either.....or if you can be poked out of it.

Hopefully this can be useful to you guys(after being test lol). Just another gimmick to add to shazam

TRG

Grodd God
hello people! New to the fourms though ive lurked a bit to try raise my shazam play. i came from marvel vs capcom 3 to injustice, mostly because i can only play 1 at a time do to how diffrent the game styles are. Im pretty decent in this game as well though.

Anyway, has anyone tried jump 2 command grab with shazam? its worked well against people who can block the cross up jump to well for me. I havent really tested it to see if anyone can punish that beside black adams lighting hands. From there if the opponent figures it out and ducks its you can go into his over string and low throw or over head string into torpedo if you dont think it'll hit. It happens fast if chained into the jump 2. I think this is a good 50/50 but i really only tried on 1 person though and i dont know how to blow it up yet either.....or if you can be poked out of it.

Hopefully this can be useful to you guys(after being test lol). Just another gimmick to add to shazam
You're better off going for his 2,2 ---> command grab after the j2 since the command grab will connect whether they block the j2 or not.

You're better off going for his 2,2 ---> command grab after the j2 since the command grab will connect whether they block the j2 or not.
Thats true, but i get poked out of 2 2 by my friend alot since he knows whats coming. I still havent had time to test this it on alot of toons yet either

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I don't know if you guys know but Shazam can link d.1 into normal throw in the corner and can link to HM from there. It hits them standing if you time it right every time. Both throws work so you can essentially get a 6f corner reversal into another 40% combo. (the whole thing if it hits is 53%).

obviously they can tech but you have the choice of going for a raw HM and taking guaranteed damage. I just thought it was kind of cool to look at and might be worth investigating more. If you have more meter to spend you can make them guess between the HM and an MB F.3/B.3, so you've got a nice guessing game there too. :p

it's really quiet in the shazam forums. ;-;

RYX

BIG PUSHER
there not that dead
well that's good

has anyone talked about f.1 as an anti air? It's got a deceptively high hitbox on it, is 10 frames, and doubles as a fast-recovering poke tool. I can get 38% with one bar off it but I have some difficulty with a few characters (Deathstroke curling into a ball makes it hard to land)

i like it though.