What's new

Strategy "Shazam!" -- Captain Marvel General Discussion Thread

well that's good
has anyone talked about f.1 as an anti air? It's got a deceptively high hitbox on it, is 10 frames, and doubles as a fast-recovering poke tool. I can get 38% with one bar off it but I have some difficulty with a few characters (Deathstroke curling into a ball makes it hard to land)
i like it though.
i used to use it way back in the day, but i deemed it too dangerous and not reliable enough myself. f12 is really good for confirming combos of aa juggles tho

Reactions: RYX
What do you guys do with a b23 directly in the corner? If it leads them to the corner you can get 112 three times and do decent damage but it is difficult from the corner.
I do b23 112 112 d1trait or b23 112 112at, each do about 25%

Raisin Bran

Two Scoops!
B23, st3, !HM!, dash under, 112, 112, AC into the b2 overhead crossup. Dunno the damage off the top of my head.

I know though that in the corner there are combinations where one can 112, cr2, trait, 112 112 where the damage gets pretty high, but I haven't worked that into my play yet.

Error

DF2+R2
Just a little gimmick for Shoozum here, after a blocked F3 with opponent in corner you are at the perfect distance for another F3/MBF3 or B2, if you make your opponent respect that option you are also in good positioning for an HM.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
so unfortunately it wasnt streamed but i just won a local as shazam today! i went from losers first round to resetting grand finals to winning it all using shazam.....everyone underestimated him and i ran through the competition. sorry if this isnt the right place for it but i had to let you all know its my first win at a local tournament and im pumped to have done with shazam

NurzBenny

Old Member
so unfortunately it wasnt streamed but i just won a local as shazam today! i went from losers first round to resetting grand finals to winning it all using shazam.....everyone underestimated him and i ran through the competition. sorry if this isnt the right place for it but i had to let you all know its my first win at a local tournament and im pumped to have done with shazam
I believed

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Just incase you guys aren't aware if you do 12b3 dash forward walk back a little back 23 it stuffs wake ups like Lanterns might and trident rush.

SZSR

Noob
EGP Wonder_Chef
ISF_AWG_Indecisive

Hey you two. I was wondering your thoughts about the Batman MU since King posted it as 5-5. You guys have played both nubcakes and arma and want to know from your offline experience how it is.

My own offline experience is against Reno and Ichokeonkush, but I don't feel qualified to say anything about the MU despite getting invaluable experience from ATL, since I personally know so little about the game.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
EGP Wonder_Chef
ISF_AWG_Indecisive

Hey you two. I was wondering your thoughts about the Batman MU since King posted it as 5-5. You guys have played both nubcakes and arma and want to know from your offline experience how it is.

My own offline experience is against Reno and Ichokeonkush, but I don't feel qualified to say anything about the MU despite getting invaluable experience from ATL, since I personally know so little about the game.
I'd also like to know this

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
EGP Wonder_Chef
ISF_AWG_Indecisive

I'd also like to know this

I say 6-4 Batman's favor. Bats' trait is amazing for controlling the footsies game, and getting in on him is insanely tough. Once you get a knockdown though, his wakeups are terrible.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
EGP Wonder_Chef
ISF_AWG_Indecisive

The MU IMO is a 6-4 in Batmans favor. The bats really can put a dent into Shazam and what he is able to do. If the batman player is good enough instead of rushing down then can go on defense with the bats and zone which i feel is the better option in this Matchup. The thing that helps is that Batman has shit for Wakeup game which allows for Shazam to go a bit Ham. I have only Beaten Arma in tournament once and it was off stream sadly. And the win was with a Timeout as well. Such a hype game. Also the Pressure game really isnt to bad. Since Batman lacks an Over Started that isnt F3.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Bold StatementI was thinking, if Shazam had a double jump (hyper jump) like Batmans back jump (but any direction) he could be top 10im one of these people thats bad explaining whybut it will make his Bad MU's a hell of a lot easier, jumping, Supermans Laster, Black Adam Low lightning, Green Lanterns misseles, etc would change the match i think and since he can double jump it wont take away him being able to his dirty jumping 2 cross ups

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
So where do people go to request extra costumes for Shazam? Classic Captain Marvel Costume anyone? In addition what do people feel about the character as of right now. Lack of anti airs always seems to do me in haha. I wish they could buff his d2 and/or speed up his Bolt.

Indecisive

So where do people go to request extra costumes for Shazam? Classic Captain Marvel Costume anyone? In addition what do people feel about the character as of right now. Lack of anti airs always seems to do me in haha. I wish they could buff his d2 and/or speed up his Bolt.
At this point in the life of the game there is not going to be anymore costumes. I would have liked for him to have a Captain Thunder Costume Fromm Flashpoint. The Character is still low tier IMO. His D2 is good sometimes if you time it right. But his J2 is really good. I would have liked the Bolt to be faster but apparently people are okay with More damage which makes sense.

shinobispectre

Right more damage=fun. But aquaman's trident is hella fast. Does Shazam's do more damage? I'll check it out later. While I understand the game has definitely winded down. But the money they would make by appealing to more the Comicbook centric buyers of the game by releasing costumes for more characters (rather than having Supes, Bats, GL, have a bunch) seems to heavily outweigh the costs.

Sidenote I understand characters like WM, Catwoman, and Harley have extra costumes as well but I feel there is so much wasted potential.

Sidesidenote: Definitely would have loved to see a Captain Thunder costume. To this day I despise Enchantress, although she did get her just deserts :p. Flashpoint wrecked me, yeah yeah alternate timeline... But still. Movie version still sucked but minor good guy will never win against a major "villainess" -_-.

Indecisive

Right more damage=fun. But aquaman's trident is hella fast. Does Shazam's do more damage? I'll check it out later. While I understand the game has definitely winded down. But the money they would make by appealing to more the Comicbook centric buyers of the game by releasing costumes for more characters (rather than having Supes, Bats, GL, have a bunch) seems to heavily outweigh the costs.

Sidenote I understand characters like WM, Catwoman, and Harley have extra costumes as well but I feel there is so much wasted potential.

Sidesidenote: Definitely would have loved to see a Captain Thunder costume. To this day I despise Enchantress, although she did get her just deserts :p. Flashpoint wrecked me, yeah yeah alternate timeline... But still. Movie version still sucked but minor good guy will never win against a major "villainess" -_-.
On hit MB Lighting does 15%. It also does around 6% Chip. So it isnt that bad.

SZSR

Noob
The situation kinda sucks though when most of the good characters in the game can straight up punish you from full screen for trying to throw a projectile. Or even just avoid your projectile completely.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast

I don't think it out damages From the Deep, especially not when AM has meter and he can double them up. I generally don't use the lightning bolt at all unless I can hit a jumper on a read

shinobispectre

I don't think it out damages From the Deep, especially not when AM has meter and he can double them up. I generally don't use the lightning bolt at all unless I can hit a jumper on a read
No I don't the ground Trident. I mean the one where he actually throws his trident. That trident throw is hella fast.

So new to game, picked up Ultimate Edition. Is 1,1,3 MS/f2,2,3 MS used by anyone? I'm not sure if its risky or not. People don't seem to punish it that well. I'm talking on block.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
No I don't the ground Trident. I mean the one where he actually throws his trident. That trident throw is hella fast.
oh damn, I see that move so rarely I forget he has it to be honest. That move is pretty awful on whiff if I remember, I'd guess it does more than the regular lightning bolt but not more than the MB version

shinobispectre

oh damn, I see that move so rarely I forget he has it to be honest. That move is pretty awful on whiff if I remember, I'd guess it does more than the regular lightning bolt but not more than the MB version
Haha you probably play better AM then I do :p. When I play ranked or whatever I run into it occasionally. I saw it enough to ask the question but did not know it was that rare to most people.

Raisin Bran

Two Scoops!
On hit MB Lighting does 15%. It also does around 6% Chip. So it isnt that bad.
useful for the odd chipout after a knockdown but I hate that its not an overhead like so many other EX projectiles, and not even armor breaking. Especially given the absurd startup for it, 6% chip and 15% damage is nothing. I'd trade it in a second for MB teleport - either longer range, 1 hit of armor, or little to no recovery