What's new

Scorpion Matchup Discussion Thread

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Im begginning to main Scorp, and Im having trouble in the Sindel matchup. Either her Keepaway Air Fireball or when she is up close is a 50/50 (for me) in either throw or cartwheel kick. Any advice?
I know nothing about the match up because I have almost 0 experience vs her.

Im begginning to main Scorp, and Im having trouble in the Sindel matchup. Either her Keepaway Air Fireball or when she is up close is a 50/50 (for me) in either throw or cartwheel kick. Any advice?
After you block her cartwheel kick (you cant low block an overhead), punish her with 33~Spear. When she jumps to do the air fireball, AA her with TP, dash 111~Spear into vortex.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
After you block her cartwheel kick (you cant low block an overhead), punish her with 33~Spear. When she jumps to do the air fireball, AA her with TP, dash 111~Spear into vortex.
She also has some low mixup, that nobody uses yet except Mr. Mileena and RunwayMafia - but yes, it seems that she has a true 50/50 in that situation. (I've never touched her, just been destroyed against her newly evolved playstyle)

Her cartwheel kick is not safe on block though.
Good to know. Wondering if her low option is...I get blown the hell up by those two; that character is so unknown to me. I just stand there like an idiot lol

MKK hanzo

Thx Hanzo. BTW she does IAFB so its difficult to me to TP to punish her unless I read her very well. EN Spear works sometimes but its a waste of EN and life IMO. Does the cartwheel is REALLY punishable? At least by 33. I know it is from Kung Lao spin (duh).

The player that uses her here ALWAYS does jump kick to "save" his ass on those situations (I hate in this game those stupid "save ass jump kicks") that either hit me if im standing or eat the cartwheel if I crouch, or worse a throw.

I will post a vid of it. (BTW in the first matches I struggled a lot, mainly cause IDK Sindel, but later I got harder to beat hehe)

Thx Hanzo. BTW she does IAFB so its difficult to me to TP to punish her unless I read her very well. EN Spear works sometimes but its a waste of EN and life IMO. Does the cartwheel is REALLY punishable? At least by 33. I know it is from Kung Lao spin (duh).

The player that uses her here ALWAYS does jump kick to "save" his ass on those situations (I hate in this game those stupid "save ass jump kicks") that either hit me if im standing or eat the cartwheel if I crouch, or worse a throw.

I will post a vid of it. (BTW in the first matches I struggled a lot, mainly cause IDK Sindel, but later I got harder to beat hehe)
I didnt really know Skarlet untill 2 months ago. No problem now that I know that she can keep going and going and going and going and going and going if her meter is full. Yea, just 33~spear her after you block the cartwheel kick. You'll probobly force him to break out Kitana. That's the typical move by players who main the chicks.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Guys....rain...wtf? I am completely lost in this match up. Preez helpz

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Read his tele and punish with 11 spear etc.
If I could win a match by only punishing his tele then I am playing the wrong Rain players :D. What I meant, and I probably should have been more specific, is what are the keys to this MU? My real problem is spacing/ the meter game. I feel like in d4 range, I get blown up by his OH launching string. Jump distance feels like it might be the sweet spot, good for punishing bubble and lightning. But I'm still unsure. And I feel completely fucked if he has meter, and god help me if he DOES get in and starts with the RH cancel shenanigans....This fuck....

Scoot Magee

Agreed, scorpion really can't do anything against sonya besides runaway and hell fire while fishing for an aa spear, 1 bad hellfire = gg scorpion. If she manages to get close to you you're going to lose a lot of life and sonya is going to gain a ton of meter in return. I hate that bitch with a passion.

Narukami

Yu, God of Thunder
Sonya+Pressure= Ex-Spear?

Fucking Kitana i hate that Bitch :'( .
I was watching the Slips videos , the most awesome comebacks vs Kitana, KL and Cyrax xd. And vs PL Raiden's included. I learn a lot watching matches .

Scoot Magee

Sonya+Pressure= Ex-Spear?

Fucking Kitana i hate that Bitch :'( .
I was watching the Slips videos , the most awesome comebacks vs Kitana, KL and Cyrax xd. And vs PL Raiden's included. I learn a lot watching matches .
EX spear works at times but she has a lot of low starting pressure which will cause EX spear to whiff so that you end up eating a full combo. EX take down is probably a better option against her.

Narukami

Yu, God of Thunder
I saw Slips in the Frosty Faustings live stream punish Raiden's superman with a single punch ... wtf xD!
Guys, somebody know how to do this xd?
So and the setup d1,d4- :spear: caught my eye , is a powerful AA by the way(but i don't know how to do it xd)

Vagrant

Noob
I've been doing well with Raiden and hit or miss with kitana. Done well with Cages pressure thanks to "Sour All Day". Done well with Kabal as well.

Kano and Jax are killing me.... any pointers?

DaeDraug

Noob
For Kano iatp is a life-saver - without it he can pretty much outzone you .
UpBall is -12 on block - bite it and punish with 3,3~Spear

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Someone help me with

Kung lao
Subzero
Shang
Cyrax
Sektor
Kenshi
Reptle
Smoke

gonna read the thread now,if there's one of the above MU's not mentioned please educate me.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
What do you guys think of the Liu Kang vs Scorpion MU? I'd say 5-5 or 6-4 for Liu. Altough i've barely played the MU, so do take note that it doesn't have much weight when I say this. Scorp is another main for me, and i'm really curious about this match-up. Liu doesn't have the best pressure in the game, but it definatly shouldn't be tossed aside. His zoning game isn't so bad either.
Thoughts?

Scoot Magee

Just posting up a match chart. Honestly I might get flamed to hell but I think it's kinda accurate. I don't have enough exp in some match up's so I'll leave those blank.

5-5 vs Baraka
4-6 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
3-7 vs Cyrax
xxx vs Ermac
4-6 vs Freddy Krueger
xxx vs Jade
3-7 vs Jax
2-8 vs Johnny Cage
3-7 vs Kabal
xxx vs Kano
4-6 vs Kenshi
3-7 vs Kitana
4-6 vs Kung Lao
xxx vs Liu Kang
xxx vs Mileena
xxx vs Nightwolf
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
4-6 vs Quan Chi
5-5 vs Raiden
xxx vs Rain
4-6 vs Reptile
3-7 vs Sektor
xxx vs Shang Tsung
xxx vs Sheeva
xxx vs Sindel
xxx vs Skarlet
3-7 vs Smoke
2-8 vs Sonya Blade
xxx vs Stryker
4-6 vs Sub-Zero

Just so you know imo 4-6 is not that bad of a match. It's an advantage but not like the character rapes the other. I'd be happy to explain my reasoning if anyone wants to dispute.