What's new

Scorpion General Discussion

I think reborn will be fine, only thing we really lost is people having to respect d1~teleport
Wow I never used this risky shit for earning respect. :D
D1 xx death spin works I guess if you want to get respect that way. Not for Reborn though. Scorpion is too honest please nerf "honest". :D

Honestly after this nerf i think i am playing better now. I have a winning streak of 12
People think Scorpion is free now.
Only teleport cancel abuser scrubs are free if they are baited even harder than before. Too much baiting is less efficient for the opponent though and Scorpion can play better footsies.

As I play SR the opponent is less stressful about the teleport and do not try to duck just block as usual.
But agaisnt Reborn we might experience ducking ducks all the time which is good. :D

Poor Scorpion. Because some low skilled player cant handle his move, now he is totally f* at high level plays. Feeling the pros who was using him.
He wasnt doing good at all in the Pro competition so far, it will be even worst now. :D

Matix218

Get over here!
Poor Scorpion. Because some low skilled player cant handle his move, now he is totally f* at high level plays. Feeling the pros who was using him.
He wasnt doing good at all in the Pro competition so far, it will be even worst now. :D
I wouldnt be so sure. His gameplan has not changed very much man.

I wouldnt be so sure. His gameplan has not changed very much man.
Scar's full screen buffer teleport mixups hurt a bit lol.
I saw him and other Reborn players to use TLC in crucial situations to get that extra pressure and throw which is needed - that should be gone.

However the TL/TLC threat will not go but until the first D2 KB it is not much different from yolo SR teleport. :D
If D2 KB is gone and the opponent is not pleased with just 14% D2 every time it can be still a mind game.

However watching Sonicfox vs Scar's Reborn he will be more than please using a simple D1 on reaction and start his own pressure instead of a D2 if not KB.
So on pro level probably no one will risk a higher Bnb if there is safer guaranteed options.

If we ever see Reborn in tournaments. :)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Neutral crouch like a God and punish on reaction with S1 full combo. Even if he AMPs the teleport, if you're crouched you can stand up and full combo punish before the AMP portion comes out. Coincides with punishing the grab attempts too. If you're too lazy, just D1 it into new frame trap pressure on reaction.

This is how it should have been all along. Since the teleport was never a neutral breaker and "always easily punishable git gud brah" then you should see exactly a 0% change in your Scorpion gameplay.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
The high tele mostly hurts raw reborn teleports imo. Best bet now is to just use it to make strings safe.

I honestly barely noticed it being a high when playing last night. I usually use it for whiff punishing and in combos so it hasn't changed in that regard.

The thing that bothered me most is the 5 extra frames of recovery on d4. His f4 is still good anyway but you can really feel those extra 5 frames.

Okay I checked that Cassie's low shot is still punishable by hellport. Dev's cared about that move properly.

It whiffs on pokes of course.
I played few matches and ran into situations where I wanted to whiff punish a move as usual but that move was a D4 and whiffed. So yes no more "bypass neutral" in poke war or on simple button read as if this button is a poke you whiff.

D4 is -9 and yes feels slower. Was it -9 before?
"Scorpion - Quick Kick (Down + Back Kick) recovery increased by 5 frames " it nerfed the recovery only.

If it was -9 (and probably was) I did not really cared about that my bad. -9 is quite minus not to press buttons lol.

Btw Scorpion looks fine but I played SR so probably teleport mixup Reborn players are said mainly.
It wont whiff on crouch blocked opponents. I definitely tested that out lol.

The high tele mostly hurts raw reborn teleports imo. Best bet now is to just use it to make strings safe.

I honestly barely noticed it being a high when playing last night. I usually use it for whiff punishing and in combos so it hasn't changed in that regard.

The thing that bothered me most is the 5 extra frames of recovery on d4. His f4 is still good anyway but you can really feel those extra 5 frames.
I totally agree with the D4.
Was it -9 before patch? I do not remember but I was a bit shocked when I saw the frame data yesterday LOL.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
They made it so you can't blindly get away with YOLO TP anymore, and everyone is saying he's dead? Every single one of his tools are still in tact. His damage is in tact. Scorpion is still chilling.

But hey, I guess I'll look forward to not getting hate mail as the only Scorpion player in the world now.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
The nerf doesn’t really effect me since I use Searing Rage. Actually, people are playing really strange. They either go in with no hesitation, or they neutral duck and just sit there. It’s really hilarious actually, love it.

We probably won't see scorpion at top 32 or even top 64 unless there's some hidden tech with this nerf
Thats remain to be seen, cause so many variable are in place. But even before Scorpion was nerfed, he wasnt doing good at tournaments. Its just him and Sub Zero nature. At High and Pro levels its not that good.
And people always cry against them, cause they are 2 of the most played characters.

Matix218, right now i have like 10 option against Scorpion teleport. I can either block or crouch and get a D2 KB and punish him for 400+ dmg, depends on the character. :D With Sub if i decide to go for the second KB with cross-up i can hit him for 486 damage. :D
I can jump and punish him. I can stand and block and punish him. I can flawless block punish him.
And everytime he eat big, big combo. :D
I mean his teleport always was a punishable move, but now its give more option to your imagination.

Im sorry but this is not a proper balance changes and im not talking about Scorpion but as a whole.
If you want to not get pissed many, many people, the right thing to do is to nerf something, but buff other thing, to change things up. Take something, but give something as well. Shake up the things as well.
Also there should have been universal balance, for KB, FB, throws damage and so on.
The most idiotic things you can do is to give 1 character 100 hp, and to lower the hp to the other. How dumb really is that? This is a f* FG, how can you make 1 character 950 hp, and other 1100 for example.
If this is their idea for balance things, we are in a big of trouble.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
The nerf doesn’t really effect me since I use Searing Rage. Actually, people are playing really strange. They either go in with no hesitation, or they neutral duck and just sit there. It’s really hilarious actually, love it.
I was saying this on Twitter last night. I hardly feel affected by this nerf at all because I don't play Reborn. If anything, it's going to make me a better player since I can't get away with just throwing out TP like a poke.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I totally agree with the D4.
Was it -9 before patch? I do not remember but I was a bit shocked when I saw the frame data yesterday LOL.
It just makes fighting characters like cage and kang harder imo. A blocked d4 will give them more advantage now.

Following up with pressure after hit isnt as good anymore.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
People think Scorpion is free now.
Only teleport cancel abuser scrubs are free if they are baited even harder than before. Too much baiting is less efficient for the opponent though and Scorpion can play better footsies.

As I play SR the opponent is less stressful about the teleport and do not try to duck just block as usual.
But agaisnt Reborn we might experience ducking ducks all the time which is good. :D
Nah I fought people yesterday and they were outright ducking from full screen waiting for me to TP. Honestly I started using that to close space since they were sitting still. I could at times stop short and hit them with a TP after they got antsy and tried to hit a button

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I actually just mentioned this above lol. One dude was letting me close distance since he was waiting for me to TP like some online scrub

Thats remain to be seen, cause so many variable are in place. But even before Scorpion was nerfed, he wasnt doing good at tournaments. Its just him and Sub Zero nature. At High and Pro levels its not that good.
And people always cry against them, cause they are 2 of the most played characters.

Matix218, right now i have like 10 option against Scorpion teleport. I can either block or crouch and get a D2 KB and punish him for 400+ dmg, depends on the character. :D With Sub if i decide to go for the second KB with cross-up i can hit him for 486 damage. :D
I can jump and punish him. I can stand and block and punish him. I can flawless block punish him.
And everytime he eat big, big combo. :D
I mean his teleport always was a punishable move, but now its give more option to your imagination.

Im sorry but this is not a proper balance changes and im not talking about Scorpion but as a whole.
If you want to not get pissed many, many people, the right thing to do is to nerf something, but buff other thing, to change things up. Take something, but give something as well. Shake up the things as well.
Also there should have been universal balance, for KB, FB, throws damage and so on.
The most idiotic things you can do is to give 1 character 100 hp, and to lower the hp to the other. How dumb really is that? This is a f* FG, how can you make 1 character 950 hp, and other 1100 for example.
If this is their idea for balance things, we are in a big of trouble.
nrs always trying to take the easy way out

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I was saying this on Twitter last night. I hardly feel affected by this nerf at all because I don't play Reborn. If anything, it's going to make me a better player since I can't get away with just throwing out TP like a poke.
Thing is if I just threw TP out I paid for it.

I actually just mentioned this above lol. One dude was letting me close distance since he was waiting for me to TP like some online scrub
from what I hear that's what some people wanna do. they even mash low profile buttons so they hit scorpion teleport everytime

Nah I fought people yesterday and they were outright ducking from full screen waiting for me to TP. Honestly I started using that to close space since they were sitting still. I could at times stop short and hit them with a TP after they got antsy and tried to hit a button
That online scrub TP waiting worked before too against Searing Rage.
Now it works more for Reborn as they legitly believe they can punish it IF COMES.
Now there is no point watching each other at full screen lol. Reborn can not really benefit from full screen outside of bar reset (which can be huge).

Btw waiting for Scorpion to tele or at least watch for it are part of the Scorpion match up as it is a real threat.
That was a complain too about Scorpion that the match up is demanding due to that.

Well I do not feel it critical as there are other "instant" moves which needs to be watched.
But Scorpion match up in general is demanding.
Other match ups too. :D

I really hope with the third variation they now add Misery blade. I doubt it tho don't think Scorpion will have 2 variations about cancels. My bet is on the breathing flames, demon dash and the fire projectile