What's new

Scorpion General Discussion

I really hope with the third variation they now add Misery blade. I doubt it tho don't think Scorpion will have 2 variations about cancels. My bet is on the breathing flames, demon dash and the fire projectile
MIne too. They seem to be less concerned about competitive balance in those "competitive" variations and more interested in upholding their lore. lol.

What exactly does Misery Blade give him? I haven't touched it and need you all do to my dirty work.
Cancels and mixups to be frank. The mixups are crap though.

The best thing about it is Stance 3 and the actual cancel. Stance 3 is about+20 on hit and allows you to safely stagger F3 with zero threat of interruption.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
What exactly does Misery Blade give him? I haven't touched it and need you all do to my dirty work.
Turns any string into a 50/50/cancel-throw opportunity. Doesn't lead to a combo, but it is annoying. In the beta I recorded a bunch of matches where all I did was string into misery high/low and it worked laughably well.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Cancels and mixups to be frank. The mixups are crap though.

The best thing about it is Stance 3 and the actual cancel. Stance 3 is about+20 on hit and allows you to safely stagger F3 with zero threat of interruption.
so for TWO slots... I get a bunch of moves that don't extend combos and can cancel .

WHy is it two slots? lol. wtf.

I honestly soft of don't even want misery blade because the cancel now costs meter and stance 3 is still inconsistent off some strings and pokes. i also don't want fireball because it seems like one of the worst projectiles in the game and it's combo game seemed pretty lackluster at first compared to just doing teleport. i will take demon dash or possibly fire breath if they made it less negative on block when amplified

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
so for TWO slots... I get a bunch of moves that don't extend combos and can cancel .

WHy is it two slots? lol. wtf.
I don't know, keep every string safe, keep the opponent scared with the occasional YOLO high or low. No combo, but the hits add up and let you get away with a lot of nonsense.

I mean, compared to something like the air throw (never see it used) or the demon dash (combo ender only), that's a lot of utility. I get why it's two slots.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I don't know, keep every string safe, keep the opponent scared with the occasional YOLO high or low. No combo, but the hits add up and let you get away with a lot of nonsense.

I mean, compared to something like the air throw (never see it used) or the demon dash (combo ender only), that's a lot of utility. I get why it's two slots.
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Jacqui says hi.
Kabal says hi.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Searing rage is pretty good now. Especially with jails from pokes or f3 or st.4 restand in highs, especially 21.
21 is hitconfirmable, plus on block, 2 plus in block, 212 +7 on block lol, 212+4 for those, who wanna interrupt 21*2 or try poke after 21.

That high and low option needs to be fast and hit on the same frame because they don't and when it gets blocked, you eat shit, which you should because it's a 50/50

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Air Throw is def a tool people should be using in conjunction with whiff cancelling on oki. If you aren't aware of what i'm talking about le tme know. It is super powerful type of OS you can do to people after a 112 or spear enders.

It does 310 damage i think on an amped KB.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Air Throw is def a tool people should be using in conjunction with whiff cancelling on oki. If you aren't aware of what i'm talking about le tme know. It is super powerful type of OS you can do to people after a 112 or spear enders.

It does 310 damage i think on an amped KB.
Yeah what is it?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeah what is it?
So scorpions d4 is a great "whiff cancel" move that allows him to whiff cancel into teleport for a punish on the timing of u2 or u3 (character specific). This also allows him to time it such that if someone doesn't do a wakeup and NJs... you just jump air throw and punish that option as well.

Jade is a good example. Her u3 can be whiff cancelled easily, and the range of his enders puts her basically in the position to do so (roughly). So if she u3's you whiff cancel into hellport and combo punish. If she jumps at all... you should be already holding jump forward and just do the throw.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
So scorpions d4 is a great "whiff cancel" move that allows him to whiff cancel into teleport for a punish on the timing of u2 or u3 (character specific). This also allows him to time it such that if someone doesn't do a wakeup and NJs... you just jump air throw and punish that option as well.

Jade is a good example. Her u3 can be whiff cancelled easily, and the range of his enders puts her basically in the position to do so (roughly). So if she u3's you whiff cancel into hellport and combo punish. If she jumps at all... you should be already holding jump forward and just do the throw.
Nice I'll check this out when I get home

"let you get away with a lot of nonsense. "

Oh yeah, after Reborn that would be another good variation for thousand complaint threads. :D