What's new

Match-up Discussion RiBBz22's Killer Frost Matchup Chart [Updated: 10/10/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I saw yours last night but I was just about to go to sleep. Sorry about that. MMH execution is terrible online and it really screws up my offline timing more than any other character so I doubt I am gonna play him online very much. I was playing P2W last night and that character is SO much fun though. Yeah I don't have much Zod exp so that one along with the other recent DLC is huge subject to change.
I do feel MMH rapes sinestro btw and WoundCowboy agrees

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Why do you think Deathstroke vs KF is 6-4? i honestly dont see her being able to punish gunshots from anywhere is really that big of a deal. mostly playing against her seems like a test of reactions and being able to bait slide.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I think Raven is 6-4.

B23 is considered airborne, so in footsies range I can pretty much throw that out all day and you have to block it and its followups(Slide will go under and can be whiff punished).

Both KF and Raven cannot use iceberg and soul crush respectively, as they punish each other. KF can zone well with daggers and icebergs but in demon stance she can blow iceberg attempts up for a full combo.

Ravens damage output is very good and can punish the KF for making one mistake.

It is definitely advantage KF but I dont know if I would call it 7-3 quite yet(jmo)

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Yeah, unfortunately for Frost she get's the pleasure of being in the poop tier of interactable classes so this is a problem that we all have to get around. Personally, I tend to stay away from stages that favor power characters because it is easy to give up a lot of cheap damage. Even after Metropolis Rooftop was nerfed, it is still likely her worst stage since you can't get rid of the floating drones as they keep coming back. Frost players need to be picking Batcave Crime Lab every time when they are playing non-casual matches. This is her best stage without a doubt which is very limited in terms of interactables. I think Atlantis is good for her as well, since you just really have to worry about the globe interactable.

Obviously it is inevitable that you are going to end up on a crappy stage, so it is important to understand that you will be using some of your meter in those matches to armor through and punish. Konqrr has an awesome video tutorial that I have stickied on the main KF page. Since meter is at more of a premium here, a lot of the time when I punish I will end in U3 and go into her meterless vortex.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/how-to-punish-stage-interactables.31206/

I don't ever expect us to agree on anything :p

It is definitely a weird MU since she is a weird character. I have fun playing it though.

Yeah, his d1 is really good in this MU. Very very good. I will probably end up changing this one to 6-4 actually. The one thing that I think is really annoying is that his axe has a rotating hitbox so sometimes you can slide it and sometimes it will hit you depending on where the head of the axe is in its rotation...It is like playing the lottery. Add RiBBz22 and we will definitely play sometime!
How dare you call HG weird! ..;). I think we would agree more if you just made more sense. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
It's horrible. He gets to do whatever he wants in footsies because in you have to be watching for tele in order to punish it. The guessing game gets you a 6-12% fireball, while he gets a full combo into setups. Bullshit frickin character.
3-7? Worst MU?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Are there any Sinestro mains left? I feel like you all have moved on to better characters...
P2W's Sinestro is really really good and I doubt he will be dropping him. After seeing what that character can do I have no doubt about his viability, but I think in the end he will probably need a 2ndary to cover some pretty bad MU's.

RiBBz22

FYI; I am going to be recording a lot of my matches/longer sets and will be adding them into the reserved posts. I just did a quick set with Death and have it uploading now.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
My thoughts are that we need to play a lot more and I will record some sets. I played Guamo a fair share when the game first dropped, but this is a MU I don't have enough experience in at the moment. NW is an awesome character and this MU is fun to play. His air projectile and staff pound frame traps are very good at keeping Frost out and she struggles with staff stance in general.

Frost definitely out-damages Nightwing and it is hard for him to keep continued pressure on her because of her wakeup game. Slide is excellent here, and MB punishes can be avoided by parry for a full combo. Even though staff pound is really good, if you are spaced right you can use it to your advantage to get some cheap jump-in's.

I didn't change my MU number from my previous chart which was 6-4. I definitely think she had the advantage for sure when she had the ability to get 50-50's off block pressure due to trait cancel. Being in the corner against Frost then was pretty much death. Now the MU plays a little harder, but I want to play more good NW's to level up with the MU in the game's current state.

What do you think about it?
Why you be duckin my invites ;__;

I think it's either 5-5 or 6-4 KF.

Frost has arguably the best way out of Staff Pressure with Parry. Since NW d1 is 6 frames and +3, there is a 3 frame gap between every repetition of d1-d1. Batman, Frost, Joker, and Zod can all parry between d1s, but only Frost can get a full combo off of it. Of course this can be blown up and most be done on a read, and it also costs a bar, so that's one less bar for you to use for a 50/50 or for pushblock.

Killer Frost can also duck MB Staff Spin, which is a huge part of his corner game and its what makes him so deadly there. However that's more meter for MB B3 for punishing slides.

The way I try to play this MU is to lame her out. Get a life lead and turtle. In Escrima Wingdings will go over daggers and icebergs, and in staff you can duck the daggers and reversal blocked icebergs with ground blast (iceberg is -26 on block, ground blast is 21 frames.) Staff d2 is very good and will blow up any air dash attempt, and of course, you can MB B3 if you read a slide.

I would like to play it more, but I don't think it's that bad of a MU.

RiBBz22

Because I am scurred...

Just got done with a set and I am uploading it so the connection would be a piece of turd. We will play soon I def want to run a lot of matches with you.

RunwayMafia

Because I am scurred...

Just got done with a set and I am uploading it so the connection would be a piece of turd. We will play soon I def want to run a lot of matches with you.
Uhhh you better keep it real and not lie to Chongo...you are VERY selective of who you play...we have only played IGAU once and now you ignore me online...it's so mean! :)

RunwayMafia

I think it's either 5-5 or 6-4 KF.

Frost has arguably the best way out of Staff Pressure with Parry. Since NW d1 is 6 frames and +3, there is a 3 frame gap between every repetition of d1-d1. Batman, Frost, Joker, and Zod can all parry between d1s, but only Frost can get a full combo off of it. Of course this can be blown up and most be done on a read, and it also costs a bar, so that's one less bar for you to use for a 50/50 or for pushblock.

Killer Frost can also duck MB Staff Spin, which is a huge part of his corner game and its what makes him so deadly there. However that's more meter for MB B3 for punishing slides.

The way I try to play this MU is to lame her out. Get a life lead and turtle. In Escrima Wingdings will go over daggers and icebergs, and in staff you can duck the daggers and reversal blocked icebergs with ground blast (iceberg is -26 on block, ground blast is 21 frames.) Staff d2 is very good and will blow up any air dash attempt, and of course, you can MB B3 if you read a slide.

I would like to play it more, but I don't think it's that bad of a MU.
I think NW vs KF is 5-5. He has a lot of tools amd is scary...maybe SLIGHT edge to Frost.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I think NW vs KF is 5-5. He has a lot of tools amd is scary...maybe SLIGHT edge to Frost.
That's what I said in the beginning of my write up.

Honestly I don't mind the Frost MU, I'll play that over the Lantern MU any day of the week, god I hate that fucker. (Note: I think GL-NW is 6-4, imo NW is too strong of a character to have any 3-7s, I just hate that MU and everyone who plays that character with a passion.)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

Honestly I don't mind the Frost MU, I'll play that over the Lantern MU any day of the week, god I hate that fucker. (Note: I think GL-NW is 6-4, imo NW is too strong of a character to have any 3-7s, I just hate that MU and everyone who plays that character with a passion.)
I'm just glad to hear I'm not the only person whom wing dings work on Q_Q

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I used to think that Hawkgirl vs Frost was 6-4 on Hawkgirl's favor 100% of the times! But i play Mikey_mike very often, i have played Mr. mileena & i still got to play Khaotik, but a smar Killer Frost that run out from her will make this a solid 5-5. Hawkgirl mist be on flight & throwing maces all the time, but Killer Frost has a great back dash to run ALL MATCH LONG. Hawkgirl will jever pressureher since she can parry. This can be a 6-4 on Hawkgirl favor. But a high level Killer Frost will handle her.
This has been my personal experience! I body almost every Frost but those 2 players made me change my mind ;)

RunwayMafia

I can't stand GL either...i am so free to him, lol. I think he's he top 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.