What's new

Match-up Discussion RiBBz22's Killer Frost Matchup Chart [Updated: 10/10/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Whips don't mean anything. Low whip is punished my slide or spike on block and if she whiffs any whip, you can punish.

MB cat dash does not get her in for free. It's fun combo punishable by 111 slide.

Just keep her out. If she's evading your daggers, use spike as she's coming down.
Yeah fun combo punishes are the best kind.

But seriously 111 punishes much more than people think.
Zod charge getting you down?111
Flash used d1d2d3? 111
Superman whiffed wakeup I can fly? 111
Your opponent likes to press buttons? 111
Beware my power? Beware 111
They've fallen and you can't get up? 111 If they're that old they should not have engaged in close quarters combat with a woman coated in ice in the first place.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Whips don't mean anything. Low whip is punished my slide or spike on block and if she whiffs any whip, you can punish.

MB cat dash does not get her in for free. It's fun combo punishable by 111 slide.

Just keep her out. If she's evading your daggers, use spike as she's coming down.
Fullscreen MB catdash is safe.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Killer Frost vs. Catwoman interests me since I've never been able to play the MU but I know both characters. I could see Catwoman having a pretty decent post blocked slide guessing game. f+1 string probably catches KF backdashing but would lose to parry and d+1~slide, which would respectively lose to b+1 and d+1~cat claws.

I don't think KF can keep CW out though. I would think jump 2 would keep daggers in check at a range where KF cannot d+2 her.

Rickyraws

Killer Frost vs. Catwoman interests me since I've never been able to play the MU but I know both characters. I could see Catwoman having a pretty decent post blocked slide guessing game. f+1 string probably catches KF backdashing but would lose to parry and d+1~slide, which would respectively lose to b+1 and d+1~cat claws.

I don't think KF can keep CW out though. I would think jump 2 would keep daggers in check at a range where KF cannot d+2 her.

.....................Traitor............ ;_;

Also, props for making top 3. The Doomy matches were intense.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing

j2 outside of punishing daggers on recovery can be dashed under and trip guarded, mb f3d or whiff punished with slide.
Her poor wakeups almost make using metre for vortexes pointless
I guess difficulties punishing wakeup slide without metre. Low evade, cat dash maybe
j1 easily anti aired
Poor forward dash adding to getting in difficulties

Rickyraws

j2 outside of punishing daggers on recovery can be dashed under and trip guarded, mb f3d or whiff punished with slide.
I guess difficulties punishing wakeup slide without metre. Low evade, cat dash maybe
j1 easily anti aired
....................................................We haven't played before have we?

EDIT: Never mind, DRE Dog main man.
Nothing to see here, move along people.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

Yeah, it sucks but Frost players probably need to suck it up and use MB f3 and b3 for anti air in this MU because d2 doesn't have the horizontal range needed on a well-spaced jump in. Once you hit a few of those it helps to force Catwoman to the ground a bit more so KF's zoning becomes a bit more effective in keeping her out.

Fullscreen MB catdash is safe.
Full screen you should be pelting her with daggers though which will beat her dash so it is mostly all good.

lol wow. Pls play EMPR_THEO and record it.
lol, I wouldn't read much into those matches. Death is probably rusty and the connection was kinda poopy. Wins and losses mean nothing in this thread, it is all about how the match is being played and who it seems to favor. THEO messaged me so we will hopefully set something up soon.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
....................................................We haven't played before have we?

EDIT: Never mind, DRE Dog main man.
Nothing to see here, move along people.
overrate CW and get hit by mb cat dash crossup gimmicks all you want, shes one of the few characters free to KF

Rickyraws

overrate CW and get hit by mb cat dash crossup gimmicks all you want, shes one of the few characters free to KF
What I was getting at is that I recognized your name. There was another 'main man' on XBL who I listed. We played recently so I had some choice words for you, but you weren't him. I recognize you as well, brethren. CW has nothing to do with this. As she shouldn't. She's free.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
What I was getting at is that I recognized your name. There was another 'main man' on XBL who I listed. We played recently so I had some choice words for you, but you weren't him. I recognize you as well, brethren. CW has nothing to do with this. As she shouldn't. She's free.
Im not affiliated with any other 'main man' on xbox. Its just some name my dad made years ago that i cba to change. My name isnt even brian

Rickyraws

Im not affiliated with any other 'main man' on xbox. Its just some name my dad made years ago that i cba to change. My name isnt even brian
I figured as much. DRE DOG main man is the other 'main man' I was referring to. If you ever face him prepare to get Black Adam rooftoped. However it didn't save him..

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
j1 easily anti aired

If jumping has caused KF to start dashing and sliding then she's stopped trying to zone with daggers which is what we were talking about.

What's wrong with wakeup cat scratches?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I think people are overlooking Selina a bit too much here. Imo, they are very similar except KF can actually zone (and quite well in general) which is the only problem for CW players.

1.) Chucking daggers and Ice bergs will only work for so long against a patient Selina.
2.)A blocked slide can be just as dangerous for the Frost player in the mix up department against CW. She has options as well.
3.) Catwoman has great reach with F1 and mixup's within mixup's in her strings...where as Frost doesn't. So the up close game should def. go to Catwoman.
4.) Although CW doesn't have a legit standing reset/vortex, her "vortex's" come from ambiguous cross ups and the standard 50/50...so they are both mix up queens.

I agree it's 6-4 for KF...but an extremely close 6-4. I would label it 5-5 if KF couldn't zone as well as she does. I play both characters and I find them somewhat similar.

RiBBz22

I think people are overlooking Selina a bit too much here. Imo, they are very similar except KF can actually zone (and quite well in general) which is the only problem for CW players.

1.) Chucking daggers and Ice bergs will only work for so long against a patient Selina.
2.)A blocked slide can be just as dangerous for the Frost player in the mix up department against CW. She has options as well.
3.) Catwoman has great reach with F1 and mixup's within mixup's in her strings...where as Frost doesn't. So the up close game should def. go to Catwoman.
4.) Although CW doesn't have a legit standing reset/vortex, her "vortex's" come from ambiguous cross ups and the standard 50/50...so they are both mix up queens.

I agree it's 6-4 for KF...but an extremely close 6-4. I would label it 5-5 if KF couldn't zone as well as she does. I play both characters and I find them somewhat similar.
Yeah, I think they both have some really strong tools against each other. I am surprised more people don't play Catwoman, actually. It is definitely a matchup I need to play more.

RunwayMafia

Yeah, I think they both have some really strong tools against each other. I am surprised more people don't play Catwoman, actually. It is definitely a matchup I need to play more.
Well your in luck...unless they release Poison Ivy, the three characters I will rep. in this game are CW, HG, and Frost. So we'll def. run those MU's.

There are more and more people picking up CW (not as much as that hunchback BG, but I digress) because she is kinda like the Sonya of this game...or maybe Cage. Very rush down oriented, safe strings galore, a full screen dash, frame traps. She's solid as a rock. I started out as Catwoman on day 1 but became discouraged early on due to her lack of zoning and the patience that is required to play her properly...but I still co-main her.

If I were to sum up the Catwoman vs Killer Frost MU without the use of numbers, I'd say whoever got the momentum first will win. Because they are both "once I touch you, you have the potential of dying rather quickly", characters.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I am surprised more people don't play Catwoman, actually.

Probably because she's hard to play. I mean her stuff isn't hard but she has tough MU she has to break down to be winnable. She's not like some of the top where she forces most of the cast to play their game and can do well by default.

Selina is much cooler than Killer Frost though

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
If jumping has caused KF to start dashing and sliding then she's stopped trying to zone with daggers which is what we were talking about.

What's wrong with wakeup cat scratches?
Nothing but:
its blockable L
you dont get them for being hit so won't always have them
huge whiff recovery

Rickyraws

Probably because she's hard to play. I mean her stuff isn't hard but she has tough MU she has to break down to be winnable. She's not like some of the top where she forces most of the cast to play their game and can do well by default.

Is this going to have to get violent?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Nothing but:
its blockable L
you dont get them for being hit so won't always have them
huge whiff recovery

It's safe on block and if they're blocking or letting it whiff then you could have got up for free which is what you want. You get scratches for evading so if she's doing daggers you'll get them. It's my main use of trait and I usually have at least one. I mean I'm sorry it's not a safe on block, safe on whiff, fully invincible wakeup attack. It's pretty good though. Plus it's one button input so there's no reversed input shenanignas with KF dashing.

It is good to see you upplaying KF for once.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
It's safe on block and if they're blocking or letting it whiff then you could have got up for free which is what you want. You get scratches for evading so if she's doing daggers you'll get them. It's my main use of trait and I usually have at least one. I mean I'm sorry it's not a safe on block, safe on whiff, fully invincible wakeup attack. It's pretty good though. Plus it's one button input so there's no reversed input shenanignas with KF dashing.

It is good to see you upplaying KF for once.
You forgot 5% chip

RunwayMafia

I agree with both your statements ;) . Maybe it's just my lack of execution skills, but I find Selina more execution heavy than most characters. She has some weird inputs (2,D2) (B12D3) that I tend to fuck up in the heat of battle...btw, I know this isn't the place for it...but do you use Selina's 2D2 often? I find it immensely useful and catches people off guard because the low comes out second.

RiBBz22

Selina cooler than Frost???

NEWS FLASH

According to Catwoman superfans only

No one has a cooler personality in this game than KF

Status
Not open for further replies.