What's new

Match-up Discussion RiBBz22's Killer Frost Matchup Chart [Updated: 10/10/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I have decided to post my own MU chart thread for Killer Frost. I posted one earlier inside of the current matchup thread, but it was a pain to keep going back to all the time.

I plan to keep this thread updated as time goes on, and I want to make it as helpful as possible. In addition to standard discussion, this will be a good opportunity to play longer sets with people and post the match videos in one place that can be used help our community in various MU's.

Revision 4 (As of: 10/10/13)

* = Changed from last revision

Aquaman: 6-4 *
Ares: 6-4
Bane: 6-4 *
Batman: 5-5
Batgirl: 5-5
Black Adam: 5-5 *
Catwoman: 6-4
Cyborg: 6-4
Deathstroke: 6-4
Doomsday: 7-3
Flash: 5-5
Green Arrow: 6-4
Green Lantern: 5-5
Harley Quinn: 6-4
Hawkgirl: 5-5
Joker: 6-4
Lex Luthor: 6-4
Lobo: 6-4 *
Martian Manhunter: 4-6
Nightwing: 6-4
Raven: 6-4
Shazam: 7-3
Sinestro: 7-3
Solomon Grundy: 6-4
Scorpion: 6-4
Superman: 5-5
Wonder Woman: 5-5
Zatanna: 6-4
Zod: 5-5

Advantage MU's = 19
Even MU's = 9
Disadvantage MU's = 1

RiBBz22

***Currently looking to set up some matches to record for this thread. Please PM me if you are interested and let me know what character you want to use. I am pretty comfortable against most of the cast at this point, so the recent DLC characters are probably highest on my list of MU's that I want to explore.***

RiBBz22

MMH and Hawkgirl are not 5-5
MMH, who knows at this point. Hawkgirl I believe is probably 5-5 worst case. It is an extremely annoying MU to fight with Frost because of her lack of air-control...but Hawkgirl players are still having to take risks while in the air and they pay a pretty heavy price for any mistakes they make. You really have to be patient in this MU and pick your spots, it is fought a lot differently than a lot of her MU's. Just my opinion.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
What exactly happened that made you conclude Raven had it worse? Punishing soul crush? Being able to ice berg trail pillar patterns?

These exaggerated charts make KF look remotely viable when she's clearly in need of buffs.
I figured you erred stating MMH instead of KF

RiBBz22

KF/Ares IS NOT 7-3.
I have always been between 7-3 an 6-4 on this MU. I feel like it maybe could be 6-4, but when I look at some of her other 6-4's this one has always felt easier to me. Maybe we can run a long set some and get warmed up. If we feel like the connection is good we can record some just to see how the meta game looks.

Mmh is probably 7-3
This bitch refuses to lose 7-3 to anyone, but I understand the concern. I am playing MMH right now too and trying to level him up. Just based on my experience with him so far, I think you are right and this could be another bad one given some time. I will say this though... I would be really worried against a good MMH player on a stage that favors power characters.

What exactly happened that made you conclude Raven had it worse? Punishing soul crush? Being able to ice berg trail pillar patterns?
A lot of my reasons can be found in this thread.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-top-10-characters.37201/page-6#post-1099883

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I have always been between 7-3 an 6-4 on this MU. I feel like it maybe could be 6-4, but when I look at some of her other 6-4's this one has always felt easier to me. Maybe we can run a long set some and get warmed up. If we feel like the connection is good we can record some just to see how the meta game looks.
We'll run a long set sometime. It's tough for me blocking mixups online though...

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
This bitch refuses to lose 7-3 to anyone, but I understand the concern. I am playing MMH right now too and trying to level him up. Just based on my experience with him so far, I think you are right and this could be another bad one given some time. I will say this though... I would be really worried against a good MMH player on a stage that favors power characters.
I think she actually does surprisingly well at making his safe tele unsafe with slide, and she can slide him when his body is halfway through the ground during both teles. She's also got a smaller hitbox than most of the cast. His b3 after mb got your ankles is a tighter window, and over all he's just another man to punish.

RiBBz22

We'll run a long set sometime. It's tough for me blocking mixups online though...
Yeah, I don't think the point of any of the videos will be wins and losses anyways. I don't give a crap about that online at all. I just really care to see how the meta game plays out.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
When reo and I played at SJ, we ended the session believing it was 5-5. She wins upclose for sure but he wins from afar. Its a real patient MU and very life lead based. Reo is the only MMH I've played who's given me Trouble on top of that.

She deals with his tele very well, can interrupt that string when he does the wind up punch, punishes his low grab with decent damage into a reset, has to be smart with his wakeup due to the meterless vortex.

He fucks her over as well too. He punishes spike anywhere on the screen with pillar (she can't punish his with spike), punishes dagger with tele, out zones her pretty well and the orbs really hurt her wake ups when set correctly.

This MU could evolve more. MMH is still fairly new so he can either get better or worse over time, and could eventually change the MU #. But as of now, reo and I have it as 5-5.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I played Reo for a long time yesterday. He is playing mmh at another level than he was even playing a week ago. Mmh completely shits kf down. Reo has some sick tech against her that is super fucked up. It was the first time playing this game that I felt helpless at times. Felt worse than black Adam

Khaotic Reo has figured some shit out now after you played him :(

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Also, I agree with the chart for the most part.

I still think she beats Aqua. I don't think she beats supes but I have it as 5-5. She def beats Ares, but I never thought of it as 7-3. I play with Mr Aquaman a lot in this MU so maybe he can chime in?

Status
Not open for further replies.