What's new

Question Reptile Q and A Thread

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
How to play against them overall.. When to zone, when not to zone or not at all, rushdown, etc. I hope it's not too much to ask but these are characters I don't have much match up experience with. Also, the Sub v Rep matchup

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
How to play against them overall.. When to zone, when not to zone or not at all, rushdown, etc. I hope it's not too much to ask but these are characters I don't have much match up experience with. Also, the Sub v Rep matchup
Just don't zone Sektor, you'll eat full combos, bait and punish teleports and up missiles, keep the rushdown on him. with freddy if you can get your projectile out first you can zone, but he can still counter that with hell spike at any time so look out for it, this is another matchup where you just want to stay in his face, but in this case it puts the matchup more in your favor, freddy doesnt have much to escape pressure. You can be flexible against Sonya, you can zone her but she can punish with that arc kick so bait with a charged ex fb and if you bait it and the fb lands you can juggle. Her projectile isn't exactly slow either so be wary of that when you have space as well. When it comes to Kabal try not to let him get too much space, you can zone but can be tough so not recommended. Try to stay within elbow dash distance to make him respect it. When pressuring be sure to watch out for nomad dashes/EX nomad dashes as well as buzzsaws. Alright the sub zero matchup is a game of patience, so try to just wait for your moments to strike. Anytime you see he is about to ice clone after a string if you do an acid spit quick enough it will hit him and break the clone, you can either throw out fb's at this point or move in and pressure, but be careful if you choose to pressure because he will be able to get out another clone when you get there. You can also ex slide out of pressure to get space and zone. Try not to trade it will end badly.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
I have a tournament this Thursday at Battle and Brew and I was wondering if you guys could just help me do a quick overview of Rep's bad match ups.
Specifically Freddy, Kabal, Sektor, and Sonya
hey man. best of luck then. though i have to tell u something. Non of what u mentioned in my opinion are bad matchups to reptile at all! except for Kabal, which can be slightly Kabal favor. So far , the only kabal that SERIOUSLY caused me major trouble was Erik warda...i bet Reo as well, though i never fought his kabal.

all of those matches are 5 - 5
here are some pointers.

Freddy:
-Stick on him. once u do, he really doesnt have much
-Watch his mix ups! though elbow dash escapes easily from all his close range frame traps, unlike others
-Be patient and dont fall for the far away game trick. Elbow dash can escape. your friend is EX slide

Sektor:
-Your friend is regular and EX slide. Sektor cannot projectile and flamethrower turtle against rep any more
-Watch his 1's frame traps
-Never jump at sektor from a distance
-Watch his blocked b+3,4 , because it's + frame advantage
-watch his over head chain combo and his block string trap in corner

Kabal:
-Be very patient. this is a complete ground game, unless you want to bait a saw and elbow dash jump over.
-Learn and escape his mix ups and watch for elbow dash bait
-above sweep distance, u can stop his EX dash with FB's. so Master the projectile spam to stop him from his projectile game, as well as his dash and cause pressure in general
-Invis trap after a combo (3,2~invis into an elbow dash), can escape his wake up safely if done correctly, putting pressure onto him.

Sonya:
-EX Charged FB in place does wonders.
-Bait her Dive kicks and watch the Auto Correct Dive kicks. It's so fast! so be patient on your approach, smart, and aggressive
-her standing 1's poke are nasty and it's so fast that can even stop Elbow dahs initial startup if not done in time. watch her combo with low knock down.
-Watch her reset and comboing. it's either a low attack or simply block high ! sometimes they do throw. the trap is, after 1,1,2 Reset~ they go into Military stance, into the two low hit, Chained into Wheel Kick.
-Pressure sonya and she wont have much answers.
-Projectile game = Reptile wins

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
Thanks guys, I just have to make sure I apply it tomorrow ^^
I've been practicing a lot so hopefully it pays off.
If you guys want to watch the stream will be twitch.tv/funkyp

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Yo Snips, we had a Reptile mirror earlier, I was hoping you could give me a bit of critique if possible. I didn't play my usual game because I was facing another Reptile but if you could give me any pointers it'd be appreciated, I want to get better for sure. Thank you.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
Lol they are both really solid though man don't stress.

Sent from Gotham City via the Batcomputer
Yea, I mean it felt kinda good to take LOTF to match point. I just should've studied a little more match up wise, stopped jumping so much... etc. Did you watch the matches?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yea, I mean it felt kinda good to take LOTF to match point. I just should've studied a little more match up wise, stopped jumping so much... etc. Did you watch the matches?
Nah man, I couldn't get the stream to stay golden on my computer for some reason. I'm trying to get some time where I can meet up with you guys during one of your level up sessions. I really want to play with all you Atlanta players.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
Nah man, I couldn't get the stream to stay golden on my computer for some reason. I'm trying to get some time where I can meet up with you guys during one of your level up sessions. I really want to play with all you Atlanta players.
That would be sick, but I know it'd be a hell of a drive most likely. Traffic is always horrendous on the way there T__T

Seapeople

This one's for you
So is the invisible forceball glitch still in the game? See this video at 1:42:20

I've tried recreating the scenario but the glitch has never happened for me :huh:

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
So is the invisible forceball glitch still in the game? See this video at 1:42:20

I've tried recreating the scenario but the glitch has never happened for me :huh:
It isn't in the game anymore.

Sent from Gotham City via the Batcomputer

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Not true, it is still in the game. Sometimes the forceball would not come out but still hit at one point, sometimes the fb doesnt come out at all but reptile still does his animation of fb.
Lol, wasn't that what NRS intended to Reptile in the patch in the first place? I wasn't aware it was still in, thanks for the catch. It wasn't just random, it's something specific you do to cause it to happen and it acts like an invisible mine. Can't remember what you had to do, but Wonder Chef uses it as a tactic.

Ok guys wondering if you guys can help me out here. I feel like reptile has a lot of problem with teleport zoners. So how do I deal with these players? Cyrax, ermac, saibot, and kano. Thanks