What's new

Question Reptile Q and A Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Same here man, next level up, or if you can make it to a B&B and of course... Final Round. I'm going to be breaking down my chars til I have mastered them completely. According to Pig I need some more AA ex balls, invis mix ups, etc. I'll be using that EX Dash technique that you were using too, it proves to be extremely useful.
Ex fb is reps most reliable AA for sure, I hardly use anything else. For invis mix ups I recommend d4 invis ex elbow dash, d4 invis is VERY VERY MEATY lol, so the ex elbow dash afterward is practically free. Then you can go into my Ex elbow dash pressure with d3 acid hand and if they start jumping njp them. Something else that I need to start doing as well is the f3 1+2 reset.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
Sounds sick man, I've just got to keep practicing and improving my game and I will definitely make somewhat of a placement at Final Round, I don't want to be just another player :b

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Sounds sick man, I've just got to keep practicing and improving my game and I will definitely make somewhat of a placement at Final Round, I don't want to be just another player :b
I feel the same, I am pretty angry and I'm going to play like a mad man at Final Round. I don't plan on going down easily at all.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I have a question. d4 into fastball is it safe? Because d4 does provide pushback and I have yet to have anyone punish me for using it. Plus the advantage off of d4 on hit, the opponent must block the forceball, he can't jump out. Frame data says its -11 but Raiden can't Superman punish and JC can't shadow kick punish. Only character that might be able to punish it is Reptile himself.

I've finally got this poke link incorporated into my game and well its pretty amazing. Its almost a free EX elbow because most people try to punish it and fail. Its also an incredible AA and really catches people napping.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
It should be punished be fast advancing specials but if your saying it isn't then i will hit the lab and verify if you like? I have never tried using d4 fb simply because I figured I would be punished if blocked. That would be awesome if it is safe though.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
I feel the same, I am pretty angry and I'm going to play like a mad man at Final Round. I don't plan on going down easily at all.
Exactly, I want to make my name worth something. I think once I have Liu more down packed, learn his matchups, and perfect my reptile, I'll be way more confident. Not only that but I have an offline partner now so he'll be helping a ton.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Exactly, I want to make my name worth something. I think once I have Liu more down packed, learn his matchups, and perfect my reptile, I'll be way more confident. Not only that but I have an offline partner now so he'll be helping a ton.
That's what's up dude, my roomy has finally decided to start playing again so I got one more person to add onto two people lol, I am working on Kenshi I don't plan on playing with anyone else for a while. Any help you need with Reptile feel free to let me know.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
It should be punished be fast advancing specials but if your saying it isn't then i will hit the lab and verify if you like? I have never tried using d4 fb simply because I figured I would be punished if blocked. That would be awesome if it is safe though.
Def try it dude because I tested it with my friends Raiden last night and he couldn't Superman me after it, I was able to block and punish. This was done in training mode.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Def try it dude because I tested it with my friends Raiden last night and he couldn't Superman me after it, I was able to block and punish. This was done in training mode.
I will get to it as soon as I get off work and let you know what I find.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
That's what's up dude, my roomy has finally decided to start playing again so I got one more person to add onto two people lol, I am working on Kenshi I don't plan on playing with anyone else for a while. Any help you need with Reptile feel free to let me know.
Yea I will don't worry. Kenshi's popularity is skyrocketing lol, I see why it is but I'm not going to hop on that bandwagon.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yea I will don't worry. Kenshi's popularity is skyrocketing lol, I see why it is but I'm not going to hop on that bandwagon.
I just look at his mu chart and he takes care of Reptile's worst mu's, sonya and mileena are considered 6-4's by most Kenshi players. He is also just an awesome character lol. (One of my favorites)

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
I mean it would be a good way to win but there are so many Kenshi's atm. It sounds considerable since he covers those MUs but still lol... I don't have fun when I play Kenshi. I guess if I want to win I'll consider him, we'll see what happens in the future P:

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I mean it would be a good way to win but there are so many Kenshi's atm. It sounds considerable since he covers those MUs but still lol... I don't have fun when I play Kenshi. I guess if I want to win I'll consider him, we'll see what happens in the future P:
Oh don't take it the wrong way I'm not telling you who to play, I'm just givin you the reasons I am going to be playing him. lol

I just look at his mu chart and he takes care of Reptile's worst mu's, sonya and mileena are considered 6-4's by most Kenshi players. He is also just an awesome character lol. (One of my favorites)
Seriously I honestly think the worst (as in most annoying) mu for reptile is reptile lol. I can honestly say I would rather fight a sonya than fighting mirror lol. I mean reptile has no way to punish dash besides dash, and 321 is 13 frames. You have ONLY 2 open frames of punishment, nearly impossible.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Seriously I honestly think the worst (as in most annoying) mu for reptile is reptile lol. I can honestly say I would rather fight a sonya than fighting mirror lol. I mean reptile has no way to punish dash besides dash, and 321 is 13 frames. You have ONLY 2 open frames of punishment, nearly impossible.
Dude mirrors definitely aren't fun but I can't think of one positive thing other than charged ex fb's against sonya that reptile has going for him.

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer

Dude mirrors definitely aren't fun but I can't think of one positive thing other than charged ex fb's against sonya that reptile has going for him.

You cant even use ex fb as aa with sonya, she sometimes can beat it with dive kick with a full combo (depending on the range). I know all reptile weaknesses against her. But havent found a way to deal with them yet

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
You cant even use ex fb as aa with sonya, she sometimes can beat it with dive kick with a full combo (depending on the range). I know all reptile weaknesses against her. But havent found a way to deal with them yet
Yeah you can, you don't want to do it from that close anyway, she can punish anything from that close. I am going to look into this much really deeply like I did with mileena, I plan on asking GamerBlake90 to help me out with this sometime soon.

Yeah you can, you don't want to do it from that close anyway, she can punish anything from that close. I am going to look into this much really deeply like I did with mileena, I plan on asking GamerBlake90 to help me out with this sometime soon.

Any tricks to deal with mileena that I dont know about? you know that a charge fb (before leaving your hand) kills mileena's roll right?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
imo sonya is without a doubt reptiles worst matchup... she has an answer to everything and i mean everything reptile has... a good sonya will wait for a fb and jump over into divekick to combo.. if you charge up a ex fb shell just ex cartwell througth that shit.. you dash in, a good one will block and can pretty much easily punish it... try to zone her onions are faster..... its ridiculous

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Any tricks to deal with mileena that I dont know about? you know that a charge fb (before leaving your hand) kills mileena's roll right?
Yeah elbow dash EVERYWHERE LOL, just make sure you don't accidently do one and get blocked. Yeah I knew about ex fb, that his how I beat almost every mileena I play except pigs.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I was watching some matches of Chris G (my favorite Reptile) and I want to say that you Reptile players do a big work in being mobile. Watching Reptile's bogus walk I marvel at you mobility. Anyway, good shit Reptile players.

Seapeople

This one's for you
There were a couple interesting things I noticed with Reptile today. I figured this thread is the best place to share. (Sorry if any of this is old info)

Reptile's 2f3,1+2 reset is extremely punishable unless you dash to cancel the recovery frames. Also, the last hit (1+2) occassionally whiffs, in which case you can't dash cancel the recovery frames and can be punished hard by a wake up attack. For consistency, I'm now using f3,1+2 without the first hit so that the last hit will never whiff.

Ending a combo with 32~elbow dash, cross-over jump punch is a really nice setup. It confuses the opponent's direction to wake up and beats a lot of wake up attacks. If the opponent tech rolls, you just end up doing a jump-in-punch rather than a cross-over jump punch. Once the opponent respects this setup, you can jip into a free throw.

Invisibility is the best bait in the game. I know this has been mentioned a lot, but I want to say it again lol. Against characters like Raiden, I'll even throw out invisibility at random to bait his superman/teleport.